ITSAGOAL.org - More than just a game
HomeManagerClubMatch daySquadTransfersLeagueCompetitionsStatisticsCommunityHelpShop

View forum thread

CREATE
Create your football club from the ground up and establish yourself as a football manager.
MANAGE
Manage every aspect of your football club from player transfers to squad training.
COMPETE
Go head to head with thousands of football managers from all over the world.
New General Discussions Forum
25th Nov 20 8:12 PM
sullymcfc
Posts 68
Overjoyed to say he signed innocent zollinger mf

25th Nov 20 8:26 PM
Lemmy
Posts 469
Just promoted Phule (hope he isn't!) 67 rated in academy. Hopefully gets to high 50's.

25th Nov 20 8:28 PM
ironpsycho
Posts 113
Wheyyy nice one sully and lemmy
Decent players promoted from the academy is always good news

25th Nov 20 8:29 PM
ironpsycho
Posts 113
In fact any player promoted is good!

25th Nov 20 10:20 PM
stripey
Posts 6,150
Quote:
Originally posted by sullymcfc
Overjoyed to say he signed innocent zollinger mf
Lowest FA 65 - you must be pleased with that, given what you said about his imbalanced youth stats!

25th Nov 20 10:22 PM
stripey
Posts 6,150
Quote:
Originally posted by Lemmy
Just promoted Phule (hope he isn't!) 67 rated in academy. Hopefully gets to high 50's.
Should do with those stats.

25th Nov 20 11:38 PM
sullymcfc
Posts 68
Quote:
Originally posted by stripey
Lowest FA 65 - you must be pleased with that, given what you said about his imbalanced youth stats!
to say I?m chuffed is an understatement best youth I?ve ever promoted I?m starting to look at this game in a different light now

26th Nov 20 9:49 AM
AKRAZY
Posts 229
Quote:
to say I?m chuffed is an understatement best youth I?ve ever promoted I?m starting to look at this game in a different light now

Very nice, keep them coming

I myself am worried about my 54 rated youth striker coming end his contract soon, I?ve had 2-3 50+ YA players reject me here already, so I?m starting to lose all hope

26th Nov 20 9:53 PM
stripey
Posts 6,150
Quote:
Originally posted by AKRAZY
Very nice, keep them coming

I myself am worried about my 54 rated youth striker coming end his contract soon, I?ve had 2-3 50+ YA players reject me here already, so I?m starting to lose all hope

Did you have them long in the academy?

Following sully's success story, and another one not so long ago with an imbalanced-stat youth who promoted well, I've found a decent forward with some nice numbers, but a little wider than I would normally go for - 50-41-35 - age 13 - in the hope that he might make good progress over the next 4 seasons.

27th Nov 20 6:54 PM
sullymcfc
Posts 68
Good luck stripey

27th Nov 20 8:17 PM
AKRAZY
Posts 229
Quote:
Did you have them long in the academy?

Following sully's success story, and another one not so long ago with an imbalanced-stat youth who promoted well, I've found a decent forward with some nice numbers, but a little wider than I would normally go for - 50-41-35 - age 13 - in the hope that he might make good progress over the next 4 seasons.

only about a season as I found them in the age 16-17 age group, waited until their contract was at 2 days but all left, this 1 I had for a bit longer I think was 15 when I found, I guess I could keep him an extra season if he is still 16 at 2 days? :L idk if it will make a difference though or just mean I waste more money on him lol

28th Nov 20 8:56 PM
stripey
Posts 6,150
Quote:
Good luck stripey
Thanks - I'll let you know on here next autumn!

28th Nov 20 8:58 PM
stripey
Posts 6,150
Quote:
only about a season as I found them in the age 16-17 age group, waited until their contract was at 2 days but all left, this 1 I had for a bit longer I think was 15 when I found, I guess I could keep him an extra season if he is still 16 at 2 days? :L idk if it will make a difference though or just mean I waste more money on him lol

Most people reckon that youths stand a better chance of promoting if they've been in the academy for a good length of time, so maybe it's worth running them until they're 18, if you only go for the 16/17-year-olds.

29th Nov 20 12:21 AM
AKRAZY
Posts 229
Quote:
Most people reckon that youths stand a better chance of promoting if they've been in the academy for a good length of time, so maybe it's worth running them until they're 18, if you only go for the 16/17-year-olds.

ahh yeah, but there's many theories that all kind of combat each other, like less chance with more time on contract or if they turn 18 for auto-promote, players potential rating vs club rating.

I'm happy to use it as a way of building depth and selling them on once I have enough depth, and rinse and repeating.

29th Nov 20 9:53 AM
sullymcfc
Posts 68
I?ve found more success recruiting 13/14 yr olds then promoting around 16/17

29th Nov 20 11:57 AM
FootballManager
Posts 298
Quote:
ahh yeah, but there's many theories that all kind of combat each other, like less chance with more time on contract or if they turn 18 for auto-promote, players potential rating vs club rating.

I'm happy to use it as a way of building depth and selling them on once I have enough depth, and rinse and repeating.

Exactly that, there are so many different theories, each with their upsides and downsides.

I have only recently started really using the Youth Academy, with the results below:

1. 100% of youths declined when I let them turn 18 and auto promote.

2. 100% of youths accepted when I ran their contracts down to 2/3 days before clicking promote (I say 100%, because the total number I have sampled with is only small so this will change)

3. Scouting for younger youths vs scouting for 16-17 year olds. I tend to scout for the latter, simply because the quicker they promote, the quicker they can be sold. Although, if your youth coaching staff and scouts are good enough, the former with a mix of the latter would be ideal because they are then able to spend longer in the academy to train up before you attempt to promote them.

Each to their own, this thread is a very interesting read from the different input in to it

29th Nov 20 8:10 PM
Revieisking
Posts 17
Quote:
Originally posted by Revieisking
Wow, my best ever find from one of my scouts. 13 year old centre back rated 48, stats of 48, 47, 49. I'm already looking forward to the day where he declines promotion!

Been in the academy for 1 week and he has already improved to 51 rated. Going to be end up being the only genuine World class talent working at McDonald's when he turns 18

29th Nov 20 9:24 PM
stripey
Posts 6,150
Eamonn Todd has just turned 18 and promoted. He came in at 13, rated 41/45/32 (40) and had reached 56 in the academy. Very pleased with how he's turned out - the best Stripey Babe so far!

Oh, and he's the third to promote from my new(ish) academy, and the third to have turned 18.

29th Nov 20 9:37 PM
FootballManager
Posts 298
Quote:
Eamonn Todd has just turned 18 and promoted. He came in at 13, rated 41/45/32 () and had reached 56 in the academy. Very pleased with how he's turned out - the best Stripey Babe so far!

Oh, and he's the third to promote from my new(ish) academy, and the third to have turned 18.

Very nice youth you've got there Stripey

30th Nov 20 1:15 PM
singe
Posts 23
The one that made me look anew was Richard Peters from my previous renamed team 1st Vienna.
He was 35 or so rated (records show35 rated at 17 with 53 days to go)
But when promoted (IIRCauto promoted but I forget) His stats seem really good, and I follow him now to check on progress.

[Mod edit to remove URL but show where player can be found]
Germany 3.Liga 1st Vienna FC

Copyright © 2024 - IAG Games Ltd. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Rules of game