ITSAGOAL.org - More than just a game
HomeManagerClubMatch daySquadTransfersLeagueCompetitionsStatisticsCommunityHelpShop

View forum thread

CREATE
Create your football club from the ground up and establish yourself as a football manager.
MANAGE
Manage every aspect of your football club from player transfers to squad training.
COMPETE
Go head to head with thousands of football managers from all over the world.
Helpful Information
10th Oct 18 7:15 PM
Ron_Manager
Posts 13
I know it's pretty unoriginal! I use it on a variety of sports manager games to be honest. Jumpers for goalposts and all that!!

Thank you. I will peruse as per your advice

Cheers

Ron

10th Oct 18 8:12 PM
Lovemaster
Posts 486
Whatever happened to Paul Whitehouse? (jumpers for goal posts)

Is he still alive?

10th Oct 18 9:51 PM
Ron_Manager
Posts 13
Yeah, he is. Don't see him on TV much these days though, eh?

10th Oct 18 9:51 PM
Ron_Manager
Posts 13
Keen to upgrade my staff members. Am I on the right track by putting adverts out for new staff members or is there a better way?

10th Oct 18 10:03 PM
Lovemaster
Posts 486
Quote:
Originally posted by Ron_Manager
No you don't. Loved the Fast Show man.

10th Oct 18 10:10 PM
Lovemaster
Posts 486
Quote:
Keen to upgrade my staff members. Am I on the right track by putting adverts out for new staff members or is there a better way?
It's the only way.
The more days you 'advertise' for - the costlier it gets. (One day will turn up 1 applicant, seven days, maybe seven applicants?)

With varying ratings.

10th Oct 18 10:13 PM
Piper_FC
Posts 1,357
Quote:

Adverts are the way to get new staff back. You'll probably find some that are better than what you start with.

Conventional wisdom is that you need to be above club rating point thresholds to get a next 'tier' of staff back when you advertise. Those thresholds are 2501, 3501, 4501, 5501, etc. You can check your club rating points by going to your board page or by clicking on the number/1,000 in the lower left of the screen under RANKINGS. This changes every day based upon lots of stuff, but is the factor that determines how good the staff are that respond to your adverts.

Hope that helps.

10th Oct 18 11:06 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,330
Quote:

I recently watched his series with Bob Mortimer on fishing. It was good I thought.

11th Oct 18 6:57 AM
Ron_Manager
Posts 13
Quote:
Originally posted by Lovemaster
It's the only way.
The more days you 'advertise' for - the costlier it gets. (One day will turn up 1 applicant, seven days, maybe seven applicants?)

With varying ratings.

Cool, I went for 7 days. Cheers

11th Oct 18 6:57 AM
Ron_Manager
Posts 13
Quote:
Originally posted by Piper_FC
Adverts are the way to get new staff back. You'll probably find some that are better than what you start with.

Conventional wisdom is that you need to be above club rating point thresholds to get a next 'tier' of staff back when you advertise. Those thresholds are 2501, 3501, 4501, 5501, etc. You can check your club rating points by going to your board page or by clicking on the number/1,000 in the lower left of the screen under RANKINGS. This changes every day based upon lots of stuff, but is the factor that determines how good the staff are that respond to your adverts.

Hope that helps.

Very helpful, thank you

11th Oct 18 7:09 AM
Ron_Manager
Posts 13
How do players improve? Is it through training only or is their development sped up through exposure to the 1st team starting line up?

I am conscious that I'm in a league full of bot teams and so far they appear to not be offering much resistance. I assume this is merely due to the fact that human managers get a boost over bot teams, rather than anything I'm doing!! Therefore, would I be wise throwing in some promising youngsters with good fixed attributes but very low overall rating for the experience? With little impact on the likely outcome of the game?

11th Oct 18 8:04 AM
mitchell
Posts 481
Quote:
How do players improve? Is it through training only or is their development sped up through exposure to the 1st team starting line up?

Yes, their training will have far more impact when they have high match fitness. There are also reserve games as an option for this.

11th Oct 18 8:53 AM
Ron_Manager
Posts 13
How do I arrange reserve games?

11th Oct 18 9:40 AM
stripey
Posts 6,152
Quote:
How do I arrange reserve games?

Go to COMPETITIONS, then Reserve Matches, then there's an option to schedule a match, which means an invitation goes out to another manager. It's also worth having a look at the Reserve Matches thread, where you can state your availability - someone will probably then send you an invitation.

13th Oct 18 8:52 AM
Ron_Manager
Posts 13
As a newbie, I think this game looks really decent (match graphics aside) why does it struggle so much for managers? There are less than 400 and it seems many have 2 teams. Is it advertised well? Could be a great game with 1000 plus members

13th Oct 18 12:56 PM
Bartmeteenc
Posts 606
Quote:
As a newbie, I think this game looks really decent (match graphics aside) why does it struggle so much for managers? There are less than 400 and it seems many have 2 teams. Is it advertised well? Could be a great game with 1000 plus members

Good point I agree

13th Oct 18 1:16 PM
Lovemaster
Posts 486
Quote:
As a 'newbie' I would suggest you learn how to play the game first etc.

Find your feet first, before diving in at the deep end.

13th Oct 18 4:04 PM
Ron_Manager
Posts 13
I wasn't trying to be rude. I genuinely like the game and think that others would too. I noticed there were only a handful of players on the transfer market, for instance, just seems a shame

Anyway, I sincerely wasn't trying to offend

13th Oct 18 5:25 PM
stripey
Posts 6,152
Quote:
I wasn't trying to be rude. I genuinely like the game and think that others would too. I noticed there were only a handful of players on the transfer market, for instance, just seems a shame

Anyway, I sincerely wasn't trying to offend

I reckon it's a good thing that you have such a positive attitude to the game.

13th Oct 18 5:45 PM
jpjjpj
Posts 278
Quote:
Originally posted by stripey
I reckon it's a good thing that you have such a positive attitude to the game.

+1

Copyright © 2024 - IAG Games Ltd. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Rules of game