ITSAGOAL.org - More than just a game
HomeManagerClubMatch daySquadTransfersLeagueCompetitionsStatisticsCommunityHelpShop

View forum thread

CREATE
Create your football club from the ground up and establish yourself as a football manager.
MANAGE
Manage every aspect of your football club from player transfers to squad training.
COMPETE
Go head to head with thousands of football managers from all over the world.
Off Topic
13th Jul 16 11:12 AM
jamesimp
Posts 1,988
Quote:
Originally posted by pleasantsurprise
And installing any sort of 'update' or 'latest' is usually guaranteed to bugger up your computer.

Could you do a system restore from before the update and see if that works? If not pick up said computer and printer (separately - health n safety n all that) and launch them out the window

14th Jul 16 9:01 AM
scotty1962
Posts 3,249
Quote:
Originally posted by jamesimp
Could you do a system restore from before the update and see if that works? If not pick up said computer and printer (separately - health n safety n all that) and launch them out the window

I like this idea.

But make sure [elf & safety] theres no one underneath !!!!!!!

14th Jul 16 10:16 AM
jamesimp
Posts 1,988
Quote:
Originally posted by scotty1962
I like this idea.

But make sure [elf & safety] theres no one underneath !!!!!!!

No he's from 'ull, there'll be no one on the streets, even the rats walk in pairs!

15th Jul 16 11:50 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,326
Quote:
Originally posted by pleasantsurprise
And installing any sort of 'update' or 'latest' is usually guaranteed to bugger up your computer.

Now my sound button has disappeared following a windows update last night.

Found this when searching for how to get it back. Sums up my feelings really..

Seems like every time Win 10 is updated, something which was working fine suddenly stops. Last time it was the Start button, this time it's the sound button. I'm thinking, if every time I took my car for service, something stopped working, I would be entitled to think the garage was incompetent. Is it really beyond the ability of these massively over paid and educated MS clowns to ensure that updates are exactly that, instead of destructive rubbish?

I don't want to, nor shouldn't need to do a reboot, or a system restore after every update, just so MS can continue with their project of world domination by incompetent employees who care nothing for customer satisfaction. Personally, I don't want to alter settings so that the sound is on all the time. There are times when I don't want sound, but I want to be able to click the icon and adjust as required. I want the sound level high for Skype calls and low for games background music etc. It's not as if we are asking for instant transportation or the ability to fly. Just stop ruining our internet experience every time you decide we need a security update! I have to wonder how some MS employees manage to get dressed in the mornings, without assistance. Maybe they don't. Fix it or junk it .

Anyway. Anybody know how to get the sound button back? The one I've come across as a solution starts off:

From the WinX Menu, open Settings > System...

What the hell is the WinX Menu???

16th Jul 16 12:23 AM
ozzymac
Posts 2,877
Click the little windows symbol on the bottom left. (WinX menu)

Then select Settings>System>Notifications and actions

Click "Select which icons appear on the taskbar"

Turn "always show all icons in the notification area" on

Turn sound on

The other way is to watch the link i've sent you.

16th Jul 16 1:47 AM
JustSuper
Posts 25
Can someone help me pls. My computer is slower then a toaster.

16th Jul 16 2:40 AM
KevinHann
Posts 678
Quote:
Originally posted by JustSuper
Can someone help me pls. My computer is slower then a toaster.

Use the toaster instead?

16th Jul 16 6:24 AM
jamesimp
Posts 1,988
You can 'go back to windows 7' then change your settings so it has to ask you before updating, I did this for my mate when all his accounts disappeared after an update.

16th Jul 16 9:10 AM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,326
Quote:
Originally posted by ozzymac
Click the little windows symbol on the bottom left. (WinX menu)

Then select Settings>System>Notifications and actions

Click "Select which icons appear on the taskbar"

Turn "always show all icons in the notification area" on

Turn sound on

The other way is to watch the link i've sent you.

It's re-appeared when I turned my computer on this morning...

16th Jul 16 9:37 AM
mackfishy
Posts 56
Quote:
Originally posted by jamesimp
You can 'go back to windows 7' then change your settings so it has to ask you before updating, I did this for my mate when all his accounts disappeared after an update.

Windows 7 is the most stable operating system. I don't allow windows updates ever. Permanently disabled as they can seriously mess with your computer.

16th Jul 16 10:09 AM
cristianzambrana
Posts 363
Quote:
Originally posted by mackfishy
Windows 7 is the most stable operating system. I don't allow windows updates ever. Permanently disabled as they can seriously mess with your computer.
Can you stop updates on windows 10? Sometimes I think they put on so many updates that in the end your computer does not work so you end up buying a new one. I always think if it works just leave it alone.

25th Jul 16 8:45 PM
bcagfc
Posts 154
QUICK REPLY REQUIRED!!!

In the process of downloading and installing Windows 10 on my laptop.

It says it has downloaded and is now installing.........

It has been on 99% installed for the last 1 & 1/2 hours.

Q1: How long have others waited to it to turn to 100% installed?.
Q2: Does anyone think the install is 'stuck'?.

P.s. I have downloaded Microsoft stuff before and it has stuck at 99% and when I have tried to shut down, it has started configuring the update.

Any other ideas?.

25th Jul 16 8:56 PM
jamesimp
Posts 1,988
I would system restore it in safe mode to windows 7 and stop it updating?

25th Jul 16 8:58 PM
TopGun2
Posts 566
I reckon it's still going, I've done a few windows10 upgrades and they always take ages.

25th Jul 16 9:04 PM
Hoopie
Posts 184
That last 1% is always the toughest

25th Jul 16 9:18 PM
bcagfc
Posts 154
Quote:
Originally posted by TopGun2
I reckon it's still going, I've done a few windows10 upgrades and they always take ages.

The LED is still flashing now and again, so it could still be going.

Had a quick look on the net and it is a common problem and sometimes you have to do other things before you start.

Btw, I went through all this yesterday, the Windows 10 AM App downloaded the update, installed it up to 99% and did nothing for 4 hours.

I tried to shut down my system and it started to configure the 115 updates.

Switched on this morning and nothing, no sign of windows 10.

25th Jul 16 9:21 PM
TopGun2
Posts 566
Ah, you do need to make sure you're fully up to date on updates for your previous version before you start.

27th Jul 16 5:55 PM
bcagfc
Posts 154
Quote:
Originally posted by TopGun2
Ah, you do need to make sure you're fully up to date on updates for your previous version before you start.

Seems like that was the problem.

Windows 7 is totally updated and Automatic Update switched off (will change that when W10 loaded), Windows 10 downloaded and installed.

Laptop configuring Windows 10 now, (in a Spectre henchman voice) 35% and counting......

29th Jul 16 12:44 PM
bcagfc
Posts 154
Everything downloaded ok, now to test it.

Hasn't yet shown me how to go back to Windows 7 like they said I could.

29th Jul 16 2:39 PM
jamesimp
Posts 1,988
Quote:
Originally posted by bcagfc
Everything downloaded ok, now to test it.

Hasn't yet shown me how to go back to Windows 7 like they said I could.

Google it, its ever so easy, even I managed it

Copyright © 2024 - IAG Games Ltd. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Rules of game