ITSAGOAL.org - More than just a game
HomeManagerClubMatch daySquadTransfersLeagueCompetitionsStatisticsCommunityHelpShop

View forum thread

CREATE
Create your football club from the ground up and establish yourself as a football manager.
MANAGE
Manage every aspect of your football club from player transfers to squad training.
COMPETE
Go head to head with thousands of football managers from all over the world.
Off Topic
18th Sep 20 4:05 PM
FootballManager
Posts 295
Quote:
Originally posted by pleasantsurprise
These past few mornings when I've switched my laptop on, I've found that for the sites I visit the most (Itsagoal, fantasy football, hotmail, gmail etc) I have to re-enter all my login details and passwords.

I'm using Chrome and the autofill and save passwords are switched on and I have no problems during the day, it's only when I shut down and start up again.

Any ideas?

I seem to recall there is a setting which is to clear all of the saved sign in info when you close the browser which ?could? be what is causing this.

If I remember where the setting is I will elaborate

18th Sep 20 4:11 PM
TopGun2
Posts 568
Quote:
Originally posted by FootballManager
I seem to recall there is a setting which is to clear all of the saved sign in info when you close the browser which ?could? be what is causing this.

If I remember where the setting is I will elaborate

It's in the Chrome menu (click on the 3 dots to access) then Settings > Privacy & Security > Cookies & other site data then the option is called "Clear cookies and site data when you quit Chrome"

18th Sep 20 4:42 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,331
Just sitting in the garden enjoying a G&T.

I'll try that when I go in.

Cheers

18th Sep 20 5:58 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,331
Quote:
Originally posted by TopGun2
It's in the Chrome menu (click on the 3 dots to access) then Settings > Privacy & Security > Cookies & other site data then the option is called "Clear cookies and site data when you quit Chrome"

Just looked at that and it's turned off?

Should it be on?

18th Sep 20 6:45 PM
FootballManager
Posts 295
Quote:
Just sitting in the garden enjoying a G&T.

I'll try that when I go in.

Cheers

Oh to be finished work before 5 on a Friday enjoying a G&T...

Was it a pink gin with an umbrella and ice too PS?

18th Sep 20 6:49 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,331
Quote:
Oh to be finished work before 5 on a Friday enjoying a G&T...

Was it a pink gin with an umbrella and ice too PS?

Ice - yes

Pink Gin with an umbrella? I should cocoa!

(Gordons and Schweppes)

18th Sep 20 9:50 PM
TopGun2
Posts 568
Quote:
Just looked at that and it's turned off?

Should it be on?

Off is good. Must be something else causing your problem then

18th Sep 20 9:53 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,331
Quote:
Originally posted by TopGun2
Off is good. Must be something else causing your problem then

That's what I feared...

21st Sep 20 8:38 PM
Lemmy
Posts 469
Quote:
These past few mornings when I've switched my laptop on, I've found that for the sites I visit the most (Itsagoal, fantasy football, hotmail, gmail etc) I have to re-enter all my login details and passwords.

I'm using Chrome and the autofill and save passwords are switched on and I have no problems during the day, it's only when I shut down and start up again.

Any ideas?

I've also found I have to reenter details on some sites. This has happened since the recent Windows 10 update.

21st Sep 20 9:19 PM
pleasant_2nd
Posts 1,193
Quote:
Originally posted by Lemmy
I've also found I have to reenter details on some sites. This has happened since the recent Windows 10 update.

Aye, a Windows update was the start of my (ongoing) troubles.

Bloody Microsoft....

26th Dec 20 6:50 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,331
Grandson got a Dell laptop for Christmas.

Reading the blurb before purchasing, his Mum thought it came with the option of either Ubuntu or Windows 10.

On start up, it appears that Ubuntu is pre loaded as the OS. She knows nothing about Ubuntu and is more comfortable with Windows.

How does she get rid of Ubuntu and get Windows 10 as the OS?

26th Dec 20 7:46 PM
FootballManager
Posts 295
Quote:
Grandson got a Dell laptop for Christmas.

Reading the blurb before purchasing, his Mum thought it came with the option of either Ubuntu or Windows 10.

On start up, it appears that Ubuntu is pre loaded as the OS. She knows nothing about Ubuntu and is more comfortable with Windows.

How does she get rid of Ubuntu and get Windows 10 as the OS?

Merry Christmas PS.

Did the laptop come with a recovery disk of any sort? If so, what OS is on the recovery disk?

If not, you/they should be able to contact Dell and ask if they can help.

I bought a Dell laptop a few years back, which came loaded with Windows 7 and a faulty Windows 10 disk. I contacted Dell, and, after some to-ing and fro-ing, sent me a new USB with Windows 10 loaded, which allowed me to wipe and reload the OS.

I hope that helps...

26th Dec 20 7:58 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,331
Quote:
Merry Christmas PS.

Did the laptop come with a recovery disk of any sort? If so, what OS is on the recovery disk?

If not, you/they should be able to contact Dell and ask if they can help.

I bought a Dell laptop a few years back, which came loaded with Windows 7 and a faulty Windows 10 disk. I contacted Dell, and, after some to-ing and fro-ing, sent me a new USB with Windows 10 loaded, which allowed me to wipe and reload the OS.

I hope that helps...

Cheers FM, I shall make enquiries tomorrow.

26th Dec 20 8:12 PM
FootballManager
Posts 295
Quote:
Cheers FM, I shall make enquiries tomorrow.

If you do need any further help with this one, let me know.

27th Dec 20 11:43 AM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,331
There was no recovery disc with the laptop.

27th Dec 20 3:55 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,331
Haha!!

Grandson has brought his laptop round for me to have a look at.

27th Dec 20 4:57 PM
FootballManager
Posts 295
Quote:
Haha!!

Grandson has brought his laptop round for me to have a look at.

If you have the laptop serial number to hand, which should be on a label on the underside of the machine, you should be able to contact Dell online. Google ?Dell technical support UK?, it should be the first/second link down. The service tag is the one I mentioned above on the label.

There is also an 0800 phone number to call, which may be quicker.

27th Dec 20 5:52 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,331
Quote:

If you have the laptop serial number to hand, which should be on a label on the underside of the machine, you should be able to contact Dell online. Google ?Dell technical support UK?, it should be the first/second link down. The service tag is the one I mentioned above on the label.

There is also an 0800 phone number to call, which may be quicker.

Thanks FM. We have come to the conclusion she hasn't bought what she thought she was buying.

In the product description it says (nearly at the bottom the first line says 'Ubuntu 18.04, Linux') 'English Palmrest Label with FHD Non-Touch Display for Ubuntu and Windows 10 home in S mode'. When she saw that, she thought it was a choice of either. We now think that it's nothing of the sort.

It's going back/exchanging for one with Windows 10 only for sure.

27th Dec 20 7:20 PM
FootballManager
Posts 295
Quote:
Thanks FM. We have come to the conclusion she hasn't bought what she thought she was buying.

In the product description it says (nearly at the bottom the first line says 'Ubuntu 18.04, Linux') 'English Palmrest Label with FHD Non-Touch Display for Ubuntu and Windows 10 home in S mode'. When she saw that, she thought it was a choice of either. We now think that it's nothing of the sort.

It's going back/exchanging for one with Windows 10 only for sure.

Very sensible, PS. I hope the exchanging of said laptop for a Windows 10 model reaches a successful conclusion

7th Jan 21 7:05 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,331
Quote:

Any ideas?

Instead of shutting down, I've taken to sending my laptop to sleep.

Solved the problem.

Copyright © 2024 - IAG Games Ltd. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Rules of game