ITSAGOAL.org - More than just a game
HomeManagerClubMatch daySquadTransfersLeagueCompetitionsStatisticsCommunityHelpShop

View forum thread

CREATE
Create your football club from the ground up and establish yourself as a football manager.
MANAGE
Manage every aspect of your football club from player transfers to squad training.
COMPETE
Go head to head with thousands of football managers from all over the world.
Off Topic
27th Apr 17 8:57 PM
stripey
Posts 6,155
Quote:
Originally posted by pleasantsurprise
Just out of interest, what did you do to solve the problem?

Just seen this - sorry, I can't remember at all!

1st May 17 6:08 PM
scotty1962
Posts 3,249
When windows 10 got released I switched off Microsoft updates, I just didnt want it, as I'd heard so many horror stories from friends and across the web through reviews.

But a couple of days ago, I switched my laptop on, and get this message - YOU ARE NOT RUNNING A LEGAL COPY OF WINDOWS - and then a bunch of other stuff about my system may be running a counterfeit version of windows...??

Its ofc not as this laptop was purchased from a shop with everything already installed from new.

Also my main screen is now constantly black. Even if choose a screensaver, it goes back to black after a while.

I also get the option to sort this out via a pop up from microsoft [which is legit] but lol I can imagine as soon as I click on it, I will either have to pull my credit card out, or the laptop will self destruct, or microsoft will send some kind of meltdown software directly !!!

Anyone heard of this? If so any ideas??

[yes I have done some research on this, and it seems like a common problem, but as Im not a grt 'techy', I wondered if anyone knew of a very, VERY simple way of rectifying this quite obviously incorrect software issue/bug...??]

1st May 17 6:12 PM
scotty1962
Posts 3,249
Quote:
Originally posted by scotty1962
When windows 10 got released I switched off Microsoft updates, I just didnt want it, as I'd heard so many horror stories from friends and across the web through reviews.

But a couple of days ago, I switched my laptop on, and get this message - YOU ARE NOT RUNNING A LEGAL COPY OF WINDOWS - and then a bunch of other stuff about my system may be running a counterfeit version of windows...??

Its ofc not as this laptop was purchased from a shop with everything already installed from new.

Also my main screen is now constantly black. Even if choose a screensaver, it goes back to black after a while.

I also get the option to sort this out via a pop up from microsoft [which is legit] but lol I can imagine as soon as I click on it, I will either have to pull my credit card out, or the laptop will self destruct, or microsoft will send some kind of meltdown software directly !!!

[yes I have done some research on this, and it seems like a common problem, but as Im not a grt 'techy', I wondered if anyone knew of a very, VERY simple way of rectifying this quite obviously incorrect software issue/bug...??]

Bottom right of my screen it says -

Windows 7
Build 7601
This copy of Windows is not genuine

1st May 17 6:18 PM
BigDave
Posts 147
If you have the Windows activation key handy (if not use Magic Jelly Bean key finder, or something similar) then try reactivating Windows.

It may be worth also checking if you're on the latest Windows 7 service pack as this may help (I appreciate you don't want Windows 10, so be careful to unselect any updates you don't want).

If you really run out of luck, I'd suggest taking it to the shop, or calling them and explaining the situation and they may be able to re-register Windows for you.

Let me know how you get on!

1st May 17 6:23 PM
scotty1962
Posts 3,249
Quote:
Originally posted by BigDave
If you have the Windows activation key handy (if not use Magic Jelly Bean key finder, or something similar) then try reactivating Windows.

It may be worth also checking if you're on the latest Windows 7 service pack as this may help (I appreciate you don't want Windows 10, so be careful to unselect any updates you don't want).

If you really run out of luck, I'd suggest taking it to the shop, or calling them and explaining the situation and they may be able to re-register Windows for you.

Let me know how you get on!

Thx!

Will give those ideas a try later, or phone the shop tomorrow after work.

1st May 17 6:41 PM
BigDave
Posts 147
Quote:
Thx!

Will give those ideas a try later, or phone the shop tomorrow after work.

Cool, see how you get on I can always help some more if you're still stuck after speaking to the shop.

1st May 17 10:10 PM
BlueBoar
Posts 222
Quote:

I can assure you, this is not a bug or issue... it is a security feature.

If the computer is connecting to your broadband, click start, click and type in the search bar "slui.exe" which gives you the options pop-up. Select the option to verify windows online. As long as you have a secure connection, your screen should then return to your profile setting after your license key has been checked.

The reason your computer went into this mode is because the operating system has not been active, so it is a security feature that kicks in to prevent (mis)use if the computer has fallen into the wrong hands. Additional features (if you have them) would be to destroy all the data on your hard disk, again to prevent it falling into the wrong hands.

If you require additional assistance, post here and I will see what I can add!

7th May 17 6:01 PM
scotty1962
Posts 3,249
Quote:
Originally posted by BlueBoar
I can assure you, this is not a bug or issue... it is a security feature.

If the computer is connecting to your broadband, click start, click and type in the search bar "slui.exe" which gives you the options pop-up. Select the option to verify windows online. As long as you have a secure connection, your screen should then return to your profile setting after your license key has been checked.

The reason your computer went into this mode is because the operating system has not been active, so it is a security feature that kicks in to prevent (mis)use if the computer has fallen into the wrong hands. Additional features (if you have them) would be to destroy all the data on your hard disk, again to prevent it falling into the wrong hands.

If you require additional assistance, post here and I will see what I can add!

I'd have to disagree.

Its an issue with windows. I have a legit version of Windows pre-installed on this laptop from when I bought it, new.

You only have to search the web to see quite a few people have suffered this. And it only seems to have happened [I think, from the small amount of research] since Windows 10 got released...strange coincidence right...

Quote:
Originally posted by BigDave
Cool, see how you get on I can always help some more if you're still stuck after speaking to the shop.

I have sorted it, thx Dave !!

Did a little more research and found numerous amounts of help via plenty of well known websites, and the reason why it happens.

27th Nov 17 9:21 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,331
Not exactly computer related...

I'm moving slowly into the 21st century and I've got myself one of them there smart TVs.

Now what? What does/can it do? It's connected to my Sky Box. It can get netflix (I know this because there's an enormous button on the remote control that says 'NETFLIX'. But I don't want to pay any more subscription money - I pay quite enough, thank you, to Sky and BT Sport.

So can I watch films other than through Netflix? If so, do I have to watch them 'live' or can I download them onto my Sky planner?

Amy tips/advice (in simple language) gratefully accepted.

1st Dec 17 6:02 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,331
So no-one else has a clue what these things can or can't do?

1st Dec 17 6:41 PM
stripey
Posts 6,155
Quote:

Skybox??
Far too advanced for me.

1st Dec 17 7:18 PM
ozzymac
Posts 2,877
Quote:

I can watch youtube on mine, it's got a big button as well.

Over here on the free to air channels if it's connected to the internet you can watch "catchup" tv if you've missed a show.

Other than that i've got no idea

1st Dec 17 7:23 PM
NotSoSpecialOne
Posts 538
i used to use 123 movies to watch films on the laptop, however, when i tried to watch movies on my sony smart tv using this site through the internet option it kept saying file size too big and couldn't, i use amazon prime as the missus spends too much of my hard earned on there and get movies through that but it costs £7.99 per month...net flix is similar but at least you get any movie without extra cost once you pay a little under a tenner per month. Next to no such thing as a freebie PS...it puts actors out of business etc and prevents people like Kev from making money from writing screenplays etc...

1st Dec 17 8:51 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,331
Quote:
Originally posted by ozzymac
I can watch youtube on mine, it's got a big button as well.

Over here on the free to air channels if it's connected to the internet you can watch "catchup" tv if you've missed a show.

Other than that i've got no idea

I can see the attraction of viewing Youtube on a screen bigger than a laptop. Searching for something is a bit of a pain in the neck though?

I can do catch up TV on my sky box.

Just idling this afternoon I was searching for 'The lion King' on youtube. Eventually found what purported to be the full move but it turns out it was playing it backwards! Bizarre it was,

1st Dec 17 8:52 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,331
Quote:
Originally posted by NotSoSpecialOne
i used to use 123 movies to watch films on the laptop, however, when i tried to watch movies on my sony smart tv using this site through the internet option it kept saying file size too big and couldn't, i use amazon prime as the missus spends too much of my hard earned on there and get movies through that but it costs £7.99 per month...net flix is similar but at least you get any movie without extra cost once you pay a little under a tenner per month. Next to no such thing as a freebie PS...it puts actors out of business etc and prevents people like Kev from making money from writing screenplays etc...

No such thing as a freebie?

Tsk!

26th Jun 18 9:45 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,331
It's been a while....

Just today, my laptop's screen has decided to go blank after about a minute of inactivity.

I haven't changed any settings, power, display, screensaver etc it's just decided to do it.

It's just a pain having to log on to my computer every time it does it.

Any ideas?

26th Jun 18 10:01 PM
NotSoSpecialOne
Posts 538
i'm far from an expert, but have you had to do any windows updates recently? My missus laptop hadn't been on for a few weeks and i was updating it, after about the 8 millionth update, it killed it and would not turn back on. I did the old open in safe mode and tried to restore back to a previous date ie before the updates but it wasn't having any of it and won't restore as it keeps bringing up a drive error. So a trip yo my techie mate and put on a simple windows 7 software and be rid of these poxey updates.

My bosses laptop was mullered by an update once as well and lost literally everything, not great for a work computer.

26th Jun 18 10:07 PM
TopGun2
Posts 568
I'd agree that sounds like a setting being changed by a windows update process. I'd recheck those screenlock/screensaver/autolock type settings as a starting point.

26th Jun 18 10:35 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,331
Quote:
Originally posted by NotSoSpecialOne
i'm far from an expert, but have you had to do any windows updates recently? My missus laptop hadn't been on for a few weeks and i was updating it, after about the 8 millionth update, it killed it and would not turn back on. I did the old open in safe mode and tried to restore back to a previous date ie before the updates but it wasn't having any of it and won't restore as it keeps bringing up a drive error. So a trip yo my techie mate and put on a simple windows 7 software and be rid of these poxey updates.

My bosses laptop was mullered by an update once as well and lost literally everything, not great for a work computer.

I haven't (to my knowledge) had a windows update for a couple of weeks.

I know they can bugger things up but I don't think it's the case here.

26th Jun 18 10:37 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,331
Quote:
Originally posted by TopGun2
I'd agree that sounds like a setting being changed by a windows update process. I'd recheck those screenlock/screensaver/autolock type settings as a starting point.

I've gone in to check all those settings (maybe not autolock) and they're all set set for 20 min plus.

Where do I find the autolock setting so I can check it out?

Copyright © 2024 - IAG Games Ltd. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Rules of game