ITSAGOAL.org - More than just a game
HomeManagerClubMatch daySquadTransfersLeagueCompetitionsStatisticsCommunityHelpShop

View forum thread

CREATE
Create your football club from the ground up and establish yourself as a football manager.
MANAGE
Manage every aspect of your football club from player transfers to squad training.
COMPETE
Go head to head with thousands of football managers from all over the world.
Helpful Information
18th May 16 1:20 PM
mitchell
Posts 481
I'm not going to get into an argument about economics Jija as that deviates from the purpose of this thread so I'll make this my only post on this.
There are several kinds of inflation. Demand-Pull inflation is what you're focussing on where the level of demand pulls the equilibrium price higher due to more people wanting the item (in this case a player) than there is supply.
On a Macro level having more money entering the economy than is leaving creates a wider inflation beyond just player prices, hence why quantitative easing is used to prevent deflation. Taking money out of the economy slows inflation in exactly the reverse manner that the government has used to try and stop inflation turning negative. In a small economy such as IAG where there aren't thousands of things to spend your money on, there are just a couple of things, keeping the money supply under control is the best way to stop prices spiralling.
That being said, demand-pull inflation is also being addressed through enhancements to the youth academy and the player agents redressing supply issues.

18th May 16 1:26 PM
Carax
Posts 626
Quote:
Originally posted by mitchell
I'm not going to get into an argument about economics Jija
Warn me if you do, as I almost died of boredom reading that post.

18th May 16 1:28 PM
Jija
Posts 72
Quote:
Originally posted by donnymayhem
It's nice that you are offended.
Thank you for not caring that I was offended and for repeating your ridiculous comments. (I'm being sarcastic, by the way.) I will say no more and let the discussion continue.

18th May 16 1:31 PM
Jija
Posts 72
Quote:
I'm not going to get into an argument about economics Jija as that deviates from the purpose of this thread...
I think you just did get into an argument there.

I also think you've massively over complicated the issue, but I do hear what you're saying...although I do disagree.

18th May 16 1:41 PM
Smiler
Posts 123
Quote:
Originally posted by donnymayhem
It's nice that you are offended. Allow me to quote the very first two posts by Smiler in this thread:

As you can see, this is not constructive, and it degenerates from here by continuing to do nothing but tear others down and complain, complain, complain. In the end I had enough of the whining and stooped to speak to Smiler on their own level. You say this is 'a discussion' and that Smiler is 'putting in an opinion'. An opinion that is not backed up by constructive feedback is not an opinion worth listening to. How does it help anything? It helps nothing. All it does is stir up trouble and make people angry.

Now, you are offended by my post? That's nice. People are far too easily offended these days, but apparently telling people to 'harden up' is mean and offensive. Please observe the restraint I am displaying by avoiding expressing my true feelings on this in order to avoid allowing this discussion to degenerate further than it already has, thanks to the repetitive negative and unconstructive comments that have been presented by a few individuals who are unwilling to make an actual contribution to the betterment of this game. Which is - I say again - provided to people for free REGARDLESS of donations made by premium users, and maintained and developed FOR FREE by people who are doing it to try and make this little corner of the internet a better place.

Ron - Thank you for giving us the opportunity to contribute and discuss the proposed changes. I hope the tone lifts and I apologise for my negativity. I can't tolerate people who do nothing but whine and my response on here is precisely what my response would have been if this discussion was occurring in the real world.

You are a right nasty piece of work and a crawler too.

18th May 16 1:59 PM
Firesilver
Posts 977
I actually agree with what Donny is saying.

The point of this exercise was to put the Think Tank's work up for public discussion and to work out how it could be improved further. It was not put up so that people could say "that's a load of rubbish, I don't like it". For goodness sake, put why you don't like it and then say how it could be improved. Offering nothing but negative criticism is a) not going to make Ron change his mind about the proposal and b) do nothing but start arguments.

You are meant to say how you'd like to see the proposal changed, but as far as I can tell, you'd just like to see the whole thing scrapped.

I'm sorry, but that's simply not going to happen unless every manager comes on to tell us the idea is rubbish. The whole TT was happy with this proposal and other managers like it as well now that it's out for public viewing. Having a small handful of managers say "no, it's rubbish" isn't going to sway anything.

What might sway things is if you actually put forward an idea of how we could adapt the proposal to make it work for you.

If you're not going to do that, please appreciate the fact that you're wasting your own time.

18th May 16 2:01 PM
Smiler
Posts 123
Quote:
Originally posted by RonManager
@smiler.

Here is some of the logic behind the inflation reduction statement.
(As many have posted.)

1 ) There are more players ( of a reasonable quality ) available.
The effect of that will be to reduce inflation, but not on its own.

2 ) The price of the PA players is set by the system, that will have the effect of capping the price of a player in the TM on the basis you wont buy from the TM if the price is too high because you can buy from the PA instead.

3) The money played for the player goes out of the game... not to another manager to spend. Less money in the game reduces inflation.

4) YA quality and control. Managers are better able to produce better quality youth. So again, more players of better quality drives down inflation.

5) A more transparent TM, able to see bidding, able to bid on the whole market will help managers get the player they want at a lower price. The sales tax, takes money out of the game. So again this speaks to supply and demand and to reducing the economy.

6) Other financial tuning, changes to player contracts/YA/TM.

So there are 6 factors which taken TOGETHER will we think help address the issue.

You have asked for the reasoning behind this, and hopefully you can see why we feel this s the way to go. So now its your turn. You have made a lot of comments in this thread, but none of them actually suggest a way forward, they pretty much say "this is not enough", or "it wont work". That's fine, but it doesn't help move the debate forward....

If you can clarify why it wont work, or suggest an alternative then please do.

Ron

Ok it has been stated that supply will be increased by YA and the PA. A total of a possible 5 players a season but 3 of them are from very long term planning so not likely to be 3 at least in the short term. It could be 3 but only as a result of long term planning and at a hefty cost. The YA ideas are good though but very slow.

The PA players could really force the prices down in the short term by instead of being high being a more middle ranged price and one or two more. Perhaps reduced as the YA does kick in. It would stop the crazy prices that are happening at the moment short term which is what is needed now. This would increase the rate of buying and selling and the TM would tick over at a better pace and make it worthwhile looking for players on the TM. It would also stop clubs from getting silly money from the luck of the draw of the players they found overall in their club.

18th May 16 2:05 PM
Firesilver
Posts 977
Quote:
Originally posted by Smiler
Ok it has been stated that supply will be increased by YA and the PA. A total of a possible 5 players a season but 3 of them are from very long term planning so not likely to be 3 at least in the short term. It could be 3 but only as a result of long term planning and at a hefty cost. The YA ideas are good though but very slow.

The PA players could really force the prices down in the short term by instead of being high being a more middle ranged price and one or two more. Perhaps reduced as the YA does kick in. It would stop the crazy prices that are happening at the moment short term which is what is needed now. This would increase the rate of buying and selling and the TM would tick over at a better pace and make it worthwhile looking for players on the TM. It would also stop clubs from getting silly money from the luck of the draw of the players they found overall in their club.

Like this, for example.

As mentioned in the finances proposal, the prices can be set by Ron. Effectively, we use the PA system to control inflation in the game. It will take money out when needed, and prevent people paying silly money in the TM.

So what, exactly, is the problem, Smiler?

18th May 16 2:07 PM
Smiler
Posts 123
Quote:
Originally posted by Firesilver
Like this, for example.

As mentioned in the finances proposal, the prices can be set by Ron. Effectively, we use the PA system to control inflation in the game. It will take money out when needed, and prevent people paying silly money in the TM.

So what, exactly, is the problem, Smiler?

Lost today did you?

Nothing if you cannot read then fair enough.

18th May 16 2:09 PM
Firesilver
Posts 977
Quote:
Lost today did you?

Nothing if you cannot read then fair enough.

Probably ought to stop the personal attacks, Smiler.

18th May 16 2:11 PM
Jija
Posts 72
Quote:
Originally posted by Firesilver
Probably ought to stop the personal attacks, Smiler.
You appear happy for Donny to personally attack people though?!?

18th May 16 2:23 PM
pahawkfan_2nd
Posts 19
Quote:
I'm not going to get into an argument about economics Jija as that deviates from the purpose of this thread so I'll make this my only post on this.
There are several kinds of inflation. Demand-Pull inflation is ...

Entirely too Keynesian for me.

"Inflation is always and everywhere a monetary phenomenon in the sense that it is and can be produced only by a more rapid increase in the quantity of money than in output." Milton Friedman

18th May 16 2:27 PM
Jija
Posts 72
Whilst we're quoting, from Wikipedia...
"In economics, inflation is a sustained increase in the general price level of goods and services in an economy over a period of time. When the price level rises, each unit of currency buys fewer goods and services. Consequently, inflation reflects a reduction in the purchasing power per unit of money ? a loss of real value in the medium of exchange and unit of account within the economy."

So in reference to IAG, "goods" = "player pricing".

18th May 16 2:27 PM
mitchell
Posts 481
Quote:
Originally posted by pahawkfan_2nd
Entirely too Keynesian for me.

"Inflation is always and everywhere a monetary phenomenon in the sense that it is and can be produced only by a more rapid increase in the quantity of money than in output." Milton Friedman

My point exactly - ever so slightly more succinctly put!

18th May 16 2:30 PM
Jija
Posts 72
And continuing from Wikipedia...
"...money supply growth does not necessarily cause inflation. Some economists maintain that under the conditions of a liquidity trap, large monetary injections are like "pushing on a string". Views on which factors determine low to moderate rates of inflation are more varied. Low or moderate inflation may be attributed to fluctuations in real demand for goods and services, or changes in available supplies such as during scarcities."

18th May 16 2:34 PM
RonManager
Posts 62
Quote:

So Smiler your suggestion is in fact the same as option 2 on the list of reasons I gave you as to why we believe the proposal would work.

Does that mean your now onboard ?

18th May 16 2:37 PM
pahawkfan_2nd
Posts 19
Quote:
Originally posted by Jija
Whilst we're quoting, from Wikipedia...
"In economics, inflation is a sustained increase in the general price level of goods and services in an economy over a period of time. When the price level rises, each unit of currency buys fewer goods and services. Consequently, inflation reflects a reduction in the purchasing power per unit of money ? a loss of real value in the medium of exchange and unit of account within the economy."

So in reference to IAG, "goods" = "player pricing".

Indeed, if all of the players in IAG were exactly the same you would have nailed it. Players have different abilities, and therefore, in effect there are different products. In the commentaries for the proposals they have been described as: Poor/Fair/Good/Great, for example.

It is very important to note that a price increase in one product is not necessarily evidence of inflation.

18th May 16 2:38 PM
ozzymac
Posts 2,877
Quote:
Originally posted by Okgillette
Perhaps this will help you as it helped me Smiler.

Just remember everything you have been saying has apparently been said before so don't waste your breath oh but please share your opinions...

Opinions and concerns are more than welcomed OK.

That being said....

"This is bad" does nothing to help.
"This is bad because ........ and i would suggest........" is helpful and constructive.

I'm sure you'd agree

18th May 16 2:41 PM
pahawkfan_2nd
Posts 19
Quote:
Originally posted by Jija
And continuing from Wikipedia...
"...money supply growth does not necessarily cause inflation. Some economists maintain that under the conditions of a liquidity trap, large monetary injections are like "pushing on a string". Views on which factors determine low to moderate rates of inflation are more varied. Low or moderate inflation may be attributed to fluctuations in real demand for goods and services, or changes in available supplies such as during scarcities."

I'd love to see any empirical evidence of the "liquidity trap." And it's not supply growth alone, but rather supply growth outstripping economic growth.

We may want to stop though, so we can get back to positive commenting.

18th May 16 2:42 PM
Carax
Posts 626
Quote:

It boils down to how many players do people need. But after spending money on 2 agent players, they will have less to spend on the TM even if they want more. So the effect will hopefully bring down the TM prices. And it hurts to buy a player expensive on the TM knowing that he is cheaper through an agent, even if you have spent your agent quota.

I think it will bring down prices quickly after introduced and stop the extreme bidding.

Copyright © 2024 - IAG Games Ltd. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Rules of game