ITSAGOAL.org - More than just a game
HomeManagerClubMatch daySquadTransfersLeagueCompetitionsStatisticsCommunityHelpShop

View forum thread

CREATE
Create your football club from the ground up and establish yourself as a football manager.
MANAGE
Manage every aspect of your football club from player transfers to squad training.
COMPETE
Go head to head with thousands of football managers from all over the world.
Helpful Information
18th May 16 2:59 PM
Jija
Posts 72
Quote:
Originally posted by Carax
It boils down to how many players do people need. But after spending money on 2 agent players, they will have less to spend on the TM even if they want more. So the effect will hopefully bring down the TM prices. And it hurts to buy a player expensive on the TM knowing that he is cheaper through an agent, even if you have spent your agent quota.

I think it will bring down prices quickly after introduced and stop the extreme bidding.
Will the pricing of players from Player Agents drive the Transfer Market prices, or will the Transfer Market pricing dictate the player pricing from the Player Agents?

Maybe it's a bit of both, but if the idea is that player prices from the Agents is more expensive than the TM, it would suggest the latter, in which case, you'll never be able to buy a similar player for more money on the TM.

18th May 16 3:05 PM
ozzymac
Posts 2,877
Quote:
Originally posted by Jija
in which case, you'll never be able to buy a similar player for more money on the TM.

It would be rare for sure but it could happen with a bidding war.

18th May 16 3:23 PM
Carax
Posts 626
People will probably not list players for higher prices than the agents charge.

I don't know what lies in more expensive than the TM. If that is more expensive than the most extreme prices for that type of player it can work poorly. There has been some extreme prices around.

18th May 16 3:53 PM
Smiler
Posts 123
Quote:
Originally posted by RonManager
So Smiler your suggestion is in fact the same as option 2 on the list of reasons I gave you as to why we believe the proposal would work.

Does that mean your now onboard ?

Yeah, That's great. Now I now the prices will not be high and we can buy more with PA I am good.

Thanks,

18th May 16 11:18 PM
PH3NIX
Posts 212
Wow just realized that Ziggy has left the building. Not the first time he has thrown his toys out sadly.Bit drastic.

19th May 16 6:53 AM
Carax
Posts 626
We all get fed up at times. Hopefully he will return.

19th May 16 10:12 PM
Barney_Rubble
Posts 6
I'm glad to see all of the new innovations that are being considered, but in my opinion the one area of the game that would really bring about a major improvement is improvement of the Youth Academy. At the moment this seems to me to be the weakest aspect of the game because no matter how much time and thought you put in it does not seem possible to produce any really good players and there are far too many snakes and not enough ladders.

I'm all for bringing in new complications and variations into the game, but I think these would be best directed towards allowing the managers who want to spend some time in working and building up the next generation of players for their side a chance to do so rather than looking for some sort of 'quick fix', for the transfer market.

19th May 16 10:22 PM
stripey
Posts 6,152
Quote:
Originally posted by Barney_Rubble
I'm glad to see all of the new innovations that are being considered, but in my opinion the one area of the game that would really bring about a major improvement is improvement of the Youth Academy. At the moment this seems to me to be the weakest aspect of the game because no matter how much time and thought you put in it does not seem possible to produce any really good players and there are far too many snakes and not enough ladders.

I'm all for bringing in new complications and variations into the game, but I think these would be best directed towards allowing the managers who want to spend some time in working and building up the next generation of players for their side a chance to do so rather than looking for some sort of 'quick fix', for the transfer market.

Barney, have you not seen the Youth Academy improvements thread? Enormous changes are being proposed for the YA. Enjoy!

19th May 16 10:23 PM
stripey
Posts 6,152
Quote:
Originally posted by Carax
People will probably not list players for higher prices than the agents charge.

I don't know what lies in more expensive than the TM. If that is more expensive than the most extreme prices for that type of player it can work poorly. There has been some extreme prices around.

I'm sure it will act as a moderating influence on the TM. It won't be jacked up to reflect today's inflated prices.

19th May 16 10:29 PM
Barney_Rubble
Posts 6
Quote:
Originally posted by stripey
Barney, have you not seen the Youth Academy improvements thread? Enormous changes are being proposed for the YA. Enjoy!

Yes - I take your point Stripey. All I'm saying is that for me the changes to the Youth Academy can't come soon enough and should maybe have priority over any other proposes changes!

19th May 16 10:30 PM
wally
Posts 1,311
Quote:
Yes - I take your point Stripey. All I'm saying is that for me the changes to the Youth Academy can't come soon enough and should maybe have priority over any other proposes changes!

+1

19th May 16 10:33 PM
stripey
Posts 6,152
Quote:

Quote:
Originally posted by wally
+1

We'd love all the improvements to come in as soon as possible! But I think that there's such a problem for a lot of managers not being able to replace retiring players from their squads, owing to the TM being such a difficult place to get a decent player at a fair price, that the PA system has to come first before teams collapse.

Like you both, I'm looking forward most of all to the new YA - it's a really exciting prospect.

19th May 16 10:36 PM
wally
Posts 1,311
Quote:
We'd love all the improvements to come in as soon as possible! But I think that there's such a problem for a lot of managers not being able to replace retiring players from their squads, owing to the TM being such a difficult place to get a decent player at a fair price, that the PA system has to come first before teams collapse.

Like you both, I'm looking forward most of all to the new YA - it's a really exciting prospect.

im not bothered mate when the improvments come in as i know you are all doing a fantastic job keep up the good work

19th May 16 11:32 PM
Jija
Posts 72
Quote:
I get frustrated when I hear this. So buy players that aren't necessarily top notch to replace retiring players! This game isn't about improving your squad in a standalone fashion, it's about having a better team versus your opponents. So I've spent quite a lot of money recently on relatively average players because I want to maintain a squad and try to stay ahead of my competition. These players aren't going to improve my squad, but they might just be better than the next generation in my competitor's squad.

But now, if my competition can just buy in good players via Player Agents, then my long term tactics go out of the window...and I've wasted money. This is what I mean by a quick fix. And this is why it's important to understand the timings of any developments.

I'm with wally on this one, surely the YA is more important to get right. And as I've said before, if that doesn't work, then bring in Player Agents as a quick fix. Let's face it, there are players out there to buy, and youths to develop, so no manager should be short of players...it's just the quality that needs to be considered.

20th May 16 1:05 AM
donnymayhem
Posts 14
Jija, you're forgetting that you'll be limited to bringing in two players via Player Agents.

I actually agree that the Player Agents should be implemented first. It will help teams like mine where I've been finding it almost impossible to replace my old players with ones who aren't rubbish. I just recently had to buy a Forward from the Transfer Market whom I knew would have plenty of red bars at only 18 skill - that was to replace a 38-ranked Forward who had just retired and I hadn't been able to get anyone else in early enough due to a youth academy full of young'uns who still need plenty of work, and a transfer market full of poor performers at jacked up prices.

When I first read the updates, I thought it was strange that the YA was being updated later, but after some thought I realised that this is going to assist teams like mine which have a number of retiring older players, and have struggled to find suitable replacements. It's about balance - if your strategies are reliant upon teams being unbalanced in your favour, then perhaps your strategies need tweaking?

20th May 16 2:04 AM
PH3NIX
Posts 212
Quote:
Could be wrong but seem to recall it being mentioned at some point in discussions. That the work needed to introduce Agents wasn't as much as the YA so they will come first and hopefully that might ease the pressure on some teams. Pretty sure I saw that somewhere.

20th May 16 3:25 AM
donnymayhem
Posts 14
To me logically and as a programmer, the Youth Academy changes will be much more complex to implement than the Player Agents. Hence it makes more sense to bring in the Player Agents first as it almost certainly be finished far more quickly.

20th May 16 9:25 AM
Jija
Posts 72
Quote:
Originally posted by donnymayhem
Jija, you're forgetting that you'll be limited to bringing in two players via Player Agents.

I actually agree that the Player Agents should be implemented first. It will help teams like mine where I've been finding it almost impossible to replace my old players with ones who aren't rubbish. I just recently had to buy a Forward from the Transfer Market whom I knew would have plenty of red bars at only 18 skill - that was to replace a 38-ranked Forward who had just retired and I hadn't been able to get anyone else in early enough due to a youth academy full of young'uns who still need plenty of work, and a transfer market full of poor performers at jacked up prices.

When I first read the updates, I thought it was strange that the YA was being updated later, but after some thought I realised that this is going to assist teams like mine which have a number of retiring older players, and have struggled to find suitable replacements. It's about balance - if your strategies are reliant upon teams being unbalanced in your favour, then perhaps your strategies need tweaking?
You've just proved my point donnymayhem, thank you. You're currently trying to replace like for like, which isn't necessarily possible. What you should be doing is trying to buy better than your competition. Whereas with Player Agents, you've got an easy way out...and 2 players a season is easily more than enough to replace retiring players.

I'm not relying on teams being unbalanced, you've missed the point, it's about having a better squad than your rivals.

20th May 16 9:44 AM
mitchell
Posts 481
I agree with you Jija that it's all about trying to stay ahead of your competition. If your team gets slightly worse but your opponents team gets drastically worse you're still improving in relative terms.

I don't think the agents should effect how you're operating with your long term strategy though. Remember the players available from the agents are going to be priced at a level that isn't just handing out 2 players per season. The prices are meant to be set at a slightly higher rate than you would expect to pay on the transfer market therefore they are a quick fix or for emergency use, not to build your squad around.

20th May 16 9:49 AM
Jija
Posts 72
Sorry to be pessimistic, mitchell, but I think managers will use the Player Agents to build their squad, regardless of the cost, because it is, as you say, a quick fix...providing the cost isn't the same price as "superstars" on the TM.

Copyright © 2024 - IAG Games Ltd. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Rules of game