ITSAGOAL.org - More than just a game
HomeManagerClubMatch daySquadTransfersLeagueCompetitionsStatisticsCommunityHelpShop

View forum thread

CREATE
Create your football club from the ground up and establish yourself as a football manager.
MANAGE
Manage every aspect of your football club from player transfers to squad training.
COMPETE
Go head to head with thousands of football managers from all over the world.
Helpful Information
20th May 16 9:55 AM
mitchell
Posts 481
But as long as they're priced highly is that a problem? You, me, and everyone else has access to agents, it's just another area in addition to the youth academy and the transfer market that players can be recruited from. If someone chooses to restock their squad from agents you may find your recruitment from the transfer markets to be more cost effective, particularly as your competition on the markets has just spent all their money on agent players.

20th May 16 10:08 AM
Jija
Posts 72
I just think that the proposed changes to the Youth Academy and the Transfer Market should be enough to improve the situation, and all Player Agents will do is make the game easier for managers who don't want to put in the graft.

I don't understand why Player Agents are being prioritised. I personally think that the changes to the YA and TM should be done first to see if that helps. If it doesn't and more needs to be done, only then try PAs.

Just an opinion.

20th May 16 10:29 AM
ozzymac
Posts 2,877
Quote:
Originally posted by Jija
Sorry to be pessimistic, mitchell, but I think managers will use the Player Agents to build their squad, regardless of the cost, because it is, as you say, a quick fix...providing the cost isn't the same price as "superstars" on the TM.

It can only be a quick fix for so long though. If the price was for example double what you would pay for them in the transfer market then why wouldn't you just bid more.

Personally i see the PA as a means to avoiding the sack for squad size at a cost. Put it this way. If i need to spend 8 million on a player that normally sells for 4 then why wouldn't i just bid 5 million?

If i'm going to spend twice what i should then it's out of need, not desire.

20th May 16 10:31 AM
donnymayhem
Posts 14
I was going to reply in detail but there's no point. You have your opinion based on a singular perspective, and I know perfectly well nothing anyone says is going to change that at this point.

You seem to think that all managers are made of money and that we can afford to pay exhorbitant prices for players on the TM. Prices seem to be low at the moment in the Italy league, but none of the players are spectacular either. As soon as someone puts a decent player out there - watch the price go into the millions.

20th May 16 10:31 AM
Carax
Posts 626
I think the YA will fix things long term. And hopefully the PA's will be little used when everything settles down.

But it will take time before the YA produces the goods. Hopefully the PA will take pressure off the TM in the period before the YA delivers.

There is a lot of frustration about the TM now. Some people adapt, others just want to give up.

20th May 16 10:34 AM
ozzymac
Posts 2,877
Quote:
Originally posted by Carax
I think the YA will fix things long term. And hopefully the PA's will be little used when everything settles down.

But it will take time before the YA produces the goods. Hopefully the PA will take pressure off the TM in the period before the YA delivers.

There is a lot of frustration about the TM now. Some people adapt, others just want to give up.

+1

20th May 16 11:01 AM
Jija
Posts 72
Quote:
Originally posted by donnymayhem
I was going to reply in detail but there's no point. You have your opinion based on a singular perspective, and I know perfectly well nothing anyone says is going to change that at this point.

You seem to think that all managers are made of money and that we can afford to pay exhorbitant prices for players on the TM. Prices seem to be low at the moment in the Italy league, but none of the players are spectacular either. As soon as someone puts a decent player out there - watch the price go into the millions.
Far from it donny, you've got me very wrong. If someone puts in a well thought out counter argument, I will read with interest. I just hadn't seen a decent counter argument yet. And if you read my posts, I'm not saying don't do it, I'm saying try the YA and TM changes first.

20th May 16 11:01 AM
Jija
Posts 72
Quote:
Originally posted by ozzymac
It can only be a quick fix for so long though. If the price was for example double what you would pay for them in the transfer market then why wouldn't you just bid more.

Personally i see the PA as a means to avoiding the sack for squad size at a cost. Put it this way. If i need to spend 8 million on a player that normally sells for 4 then why wouldn't i just bid 5 million?

If i'm going to spend twice what i should then it's out of need, not desire.
Ok, I get that. The key will be in the relative pricing versus similar players on the TM.

Quote:
Originally posted by Carax

And I get that too. The YA will take time to bear fruit, that's true. I just get a little fed up of the managers that are not prepared to adapt, that's all. And it feels like the priority to get the PA done is pandering to those type of managers.

20th May 16 11:35 AM
PH3NIX
Posts 212
One of the reasons PA were thought to be a good idea was the work required to make the changes to the YA cant be worked out quickly,and PA will be much easier to implement.Also even when the YA changes are in place they arnt going to be a quick fis so something needed to be done to try and help out.

Got to say i understand people not liking the ideas and wanting to try something else .What i dont get is managers just writing the suggested changes off without giving them a try,not sure how you can say something wont work if it hasnt been tried before.As for chucking the towel in before even 1 of the suggested improvements has been made....

20th May 16 11:36 AM
Jija
Posts 72
I'm assuming that's not targeted at me, PH3NIX.

20th May 16 11:38 AM
PH3NIX
Posts 212
Quote:

And I get that too. The YA will take time to bear fruit, that's true. I just get a little fed up of the managers that are not prepared to adapt, that's all. And it feels like the priority to get the PA done is pandering to those type of managers.
Dont think its pandering, much more a case of giving Ron the time to get YA changes right.

I for one hope that once all the changes are in place Agents will be removed from the game as the wont be needed.

20th May 16 11:39 AM
PH3NIX
Posts 212
Quote:
I'm assuming that's not targeted at me, PH3NIX.
No its not if it was i would have quoted you or mentioned you directly.

20th May 16 11:41 AM
Jija
Posts 72
Just checking, PH3NIX. It followed on from my posts, that's all. Thanks.

20th May 16 2:51 PM
ozzymac
Posts 2,877
I guess one of the ways to look at it is that PA's are offering you free agents which is something quite a few have been asking for.

It serves a two fold purpose.

1. It allows managers to guarantee a purchase albeit at an inflated price.
2, It removes money from the game as it is not being just passed onto another manager.

20th May 16 3:56 PM
RonManager
Posts 62
JIJA.

I'm trying to look at the game from different managers perspectives. There are many opinions. To rely on the YA to solve everything I don't think is going to work.

The youth academy changes will take a long time to filter into the game. Not only that but the YA is completely in the hands of a manager, so if he gets that wrong, or doesn't invest not only does he mess up his game he has no impact on moving the TM along. In other words we are where we are now.

So YA impact on the TM is limited by time, and managers getting it right.
We cant rely on that to provide significant stimulation.

PA's give the option to address that here and now.
But that is not all they bring. They give us really good controls in the TM economy and player population area. The game needs that too, and the YA doesn't provide that at all.

Your concern is that it will make the game too easy .....

The thing is , that as your squad improves so the usefulness of the agents diminish, you will only get the higher quality players you need through the YA and on the TM.

So yes its a mechanism where managers can get some players to help them on their journey, but when it comes to the end game they need to have a solid YA and trade well in the TM. In other words, when it comes to sitting at the top of the game its is no different really.

If you take on a new team or a manager joins a team in trouble, they need short term fixes to help whilst the YA gets established, I don't see that as making the game too easy, I see it as making it more accessible. It will engage more people hopefully and It provides for an element of catch up, or it may do....... After all player cost and resources are finite so it may not make it that easy.

It should certainly stimulate the game and the TM, which has stalled. Just changing the YA, doesn't have enough impact on the game as a whole.

Your right to be concerned, and I'm not expecting to change your mind, I am saying that I need all these elements in the game to have control, and by having control we can adjust how it plays.

If as a group we feel we have made it to easy then we can tighten it up again. Reduce the PA player number or quality, increase their prices etc.

Ron

20th May 16 4:07 PM
Jija
Posts 72
Thanks for the reply Ron, I really appreciate that. I see where you're coming from. And yes, it doesn't necessarily change my opinion, but I understand your logic.

20th May 16 6:10 PM
Barney_Rubble
Posts 6
Quote:
Originally posted by RonManager
JIJA.

I'm trying to look at the game from different managers perspectives. There are many opinions. To rely on the YA to solve everything I don't think is going to work.

The youth academy changes will take a long time to filter into the game. Not only that but the YA is completely in the hands of a manager, so if he gets that wrong, or doesn't invest not only does he mess up his game he has no impact on moving the TM along. In other words we are where we are now.

So YA impact on the TM is limited by time, and managers getting it right.
We cant rely on that to provide significant stimulation.

PA's give the option to address that here and now.
But that is not all they bring. They give us really good controls in the TM economy and player population area. The game needs that too, and the YA doesn't provide that at all.

Your concern is that it will make the game too easy .....

The thing is , that as your squad improves so the usefulness of the agents diminish, you will only get the higher quality players you need through the YA and on the TM.

So yes its a mechanism where managers can get some players to help them on their journey, but when it comes to the end game they need to have a solid YA and trade well in the TM. In other words, when it comes to sitting at the top of the game its is no different really.

If you take on a new team or a manager joins a team in trouble, they need short term fixes to help whilst the YA gets established, I don't see that as making the game too easy, I see it as making it more accessible. It will engage more people hopefully and It provides for an element of catch up, or it may do....... After all player cost and resources are finite so it may not make it that easy.

It should certainly stimulate the game and the TM, which has stalled. Just changing the YA, doesn't have enough impact on the game as a whole.

Your right to be concerned, and I'm not expecting to change your mind, I am saying that I need all these elements in the game to have control, and by having control we can adjust how it plays.

If as a group we feel we have made it to easy then we can tighten it up again. Reduce the PA player number or quality, increase their prices etc.

Ron

Thanks for the clarification on this Ron. I think I can see exactly where you're coming from now with respect to getting the balance right between the PAs, the TM and the YA. Anything that gives new players to the game a chance to catch up, whilst still enabling the veteran managers to build up quality in their clubs long term via the TM and the YA has to be a good idea and as you say, it will be good for you to be able to exercise some control over the quality of new players coming in. Long may your brilliant game continue!!!

21st May 16 1:51 PM
singe
Posts 23
Ron's clarification is welcome.Overall, Player Agents is welcome.

It will allow some quality into the squad that is not possible on the transfer market, it would allow cover for injuries, and just give your team aelping hard, whilst not over compensating causing too many players on the TM, and at a clear but manageable cost.
For me the transfer market currently is the weakest part of the game, there is too little you can do to improve your team within a season currently, and it is realistic too.

A very welcome move that will not adversely affect the dynamic of the game too

10th Mar 18 4:40 PM
bluelightning
Posts 206
Im quite annoyed i wasnt here when this thread was up because the ignorance of whoever came up and put backing into this idea should be banned from the game. This will not solve the Transfer market issue (although given ive not fully read the Transfer market changes proposed but have glanced at the main proposal in the first post) and will instead just shift the problem further up the ratings chain. Also the abuse from some of the managers in here levied at Alison is unacceptable. Im going to post my views on this below referencing Rons post in reply to Alison.

Quote:
Originally posted by RonManager
@smiler.

Here is some of the logic behind the inflation reduction statement.
(As many have posted.)

1 ) There are more players ( of a reasonable quality ) available.
The effect of that will be to reduce inflation, but not on its own.

2 ) The price of the PA players is set by the system, that will have the effect of capping the price of a player in the TM on the basis you wont buy from the TM if the price is too high because you can buy from the PA instead.

3) The money played for the player goes out of the game... not to another manager to spend. Less money in the game reduces inflation.

4) YA quality and control. Managers are better able to produce better quality youth. So again, more players of better quality drives down inflation.

5) A more transparent TM, able to see bidding, able to bid on the whole market will help managers get the player they want at a lower price. The sales tax, takes money out of the game. So again this speaks to supply and demand and to reducing the economy.

6) Other financial tuning, changes to player contracts/YA/TM.

So there are 6 factors which taken TOGETHER will we think help address the issue.

You have asked for the reasoning behind this, and hopefully you can see why we feel this s the way to go. So now its your turn. You have made a lot of comments in this thread, but none of them actually suggest a way forward, they pretty much say "this is not enough", or "it wont work". That's fine, but it doesn't help move the debate forward....

If you can clarify why it wont work, or suggest an alternative then please do.

Ron

Firstly,

When supply does not meet demand = INFLATION

When demand does not meet supply = SATURATION

And that is the problem here. This game is saturated with "poor" players (to quote Rons original description), we have managers at all ends of the financial spectrum who dont have a clue when it comes to identifying what is a great player or not thus pushing the price up of fair/good players to unrealistic levels.

Right now the player spectrum looks like this
Poor - OVER SATURATED (Everyone has poor players and want to sell them)
Fair - SATURATED (Everyone has these players and want to sell them but are being sold at way above normal market price)
Good - FEW (Most teams have/had 1 of these players)
Great - RARE (sitting with a select few managers)

The problem is education in this game, more exactly the lack of it. Over the last 10 days, ive been researching a theory (only L0vemaster actually knows what my theory is and theres darn good evidence that im correct) that this game is built on a lie from IAG2. Well this might be IAG3 exclusive and that IAG2 was correct but i believe there was a change in the way the game pulls ratings for players but i think there may be a bug in it that ofcourse only Ron can confirm. For the ones who dont know, i was the one who found the Red Card bug, rage quit because like this, everyone told me its part of the game only to find out that a year later, it was confirmed a bug after some others complained about it.

But back to this, this "Player Agent" thing is a direct copy of Top Eleven's "Assistant Manager Player Recommendation". Now the problem with this compared to T11 is that T11 does not have a ceiling when it comes to player ratings (i should know, i have 154 rated when i uninstalled it) whereas this game ends with the top division (you cant go any further than that). What this will do is allow clubs to let the contracts of poor players run out because no one will buy them and it will be cheaper to run the contract down than pay them off.
This game will also end up with (potentially) an influx of 800 Fair/Good players A SEASON! How is the transfer market going to cope with that?

1) This will not reduce inflation, it will move inflation further up the ratings ladder
2) I agree that this will take money out of the economy but wont rectify the over saturation of players.
3) No, less money means liquidation of some clubs which is what will happen when they cant shift players out of their teams fast enough
4) Yes but right now lack of education for managers will drive prices up until they know what a great player looks like
5) This plan is just to turn the Transfer Market into an Auction House (again, this is T11). This didnt actually help the game in terms of inflation because players valued at 100m still went for 350m plus until they introduced tokens and P2W which i know will kill IAG if they ever introduce P2W.
6) Having reviewed the YA proposal, ive spotted a potential issue which ill raise in that thread but again this is an education issue.

This idea will give smaller clubs the chance of catching bigger teams but it will do that for all of them and i fail to see how this will look appealing to any of the "super clubs" now?

17th Dec 18 4:53 PM
AKRAZY
Posts 229
i guess nothing is going to happen then?

Copyright © 2024 - IAG Games Ltd. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Rules of game