ITSAGOAL.org - More than just a game
HomeManagerClubMatch daySquadTransfersLeagueCompetitionsStatisticsCommunityHelpShop

View forum thread

CREATE
Create your football club from the ground up and establish yourself as a football manager.
MANAGE
Manage every aspect of your football club from player transfers to squad training.
COMPETE
Go head to head with thousands of football managers from all over the world.
Bugs & Site Issues
« Prev12Next »
15th Sep 15 10:45 PM
Posseidon
Posts 130
Failed transfer
My purchase of a goalkeeper has failed, which would be fine but I was the only bidder. He had only a few days left so I assume he has run his contract out. Is it intentional for players in this position to leave the old club before accepting a board forced offer?

I can't see on my phone but it also appears to of knocked my transfer rating down, which seems harsh

15th Sep 15 11:09 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,330
Quote:
Originally posted by Posseidon
My purchase of a goalkeeper has failed, which would be fine but I was the only bidder. He had only a few days left so I assume he has run his contract out. Is it intentional for players in this position to leave the old club before accepting a board forced offer?

I can't see on my phone but it also appears to of knocked my transfer rating down, which seems harsh

Bit more info Poss?

Player name, selling club name, selling club manager, transfer rating before this 'transaction'? (TR is currently +1)

15th Sep 15 11:14 PM
Posseidon
Posts 130
Quote:
Originally posted by pleasantsurprise
Bit more info Poss?

Player name, selling club name, selling club manager, transfer rating before this 'transaction'? (TR is currently +1)

I think my TR was at at least 2, I can't remember exactly but I have completed two other transfers already.

GK name Hughie Plenderleith, selling club Yanjing Dragons, manager would be roland68

15th Sep 15 11:24 PM
Ibcake
Posts 65
When u pull out of a transfer, I thought it's meant to subtract one from ur transfer rating? Mine is now -7 and I have only pulled out of two transfers and I have completed one. Wondering how this happened. In the older version, once u pull out at a late stage u get one point yanked from ur transfer rating.

16th Sep 15 1:25 PM
Posseidon
Posts 130
I also have a "Transfer negotiations have started for" message still displaying in the manager home page, player name absent

16th Sep 15 1:46 PM
ozzymac
Posts 2,877
Quote:
I also have a "Transfer negotiations have started for" message still displaying in the manager home page, player name absent

Has the selling manager left the club?

16th Sep 15 2:02 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,330
Quote:
Originally posted by ozzymac

I think he's still there.

Sounds the player's contract ran out before the negotiations stage.

Poss have you asked this of the selling manager?

Not sure why you'd get a TR hit though. You had no other transfer deals going that could have affected your TR?

16th Sep 15 4:30 PM
Posseidon
Posts 130
I last negotiated yesterday afternoon, so if his deal did expire it would of been in the same update the transfer was due to be completed.

Like I say not sure if I did take a hit, but I doubt it would of only been at 1 before...

16th Sep 15 5:09 PM
BubbaGump
Posts 473
Not sure if this is related but I asked to do transfer negotiations after the 8pm update however come 8am I wasn't available to open negotiations. Have been trying to negotiate a keepers new contract for last 2 weeks and he's kept refusing. Now only 2 days left i'm worried i'll lose him 2 days after selling my reserves keeper Will be fuming if this happens

16th Sep 15 5:40 PM
RocketmanGav
Posts 185
Quote:
Originally posted by Ibcake
When u pull out of a transfer, I thought it's meant to subtract one from ur transfer rating? Mine is now -7 and I have only pulled out of two transfers and I have completed one. Wondering how this happened. In the older version, once u pull out at a late stage u get one point yanked from ur transfer rating.

This isn't the old version.

The penalty in the previous version for pulling out on a transfer was so minimal, basically everyone who played for a certain amount of time had a 10 transfer rating.

You have obviously discovered the hard way that not going through with a transfer can give you a big transfer hit.

Moving on to Poss, I don't think you have had a transfer hit, if you did I would have expected you to be on a minus figure now.

17th Sep 15 6:18 AM
fedyshen
Posts 2
I had the same situation last night.

Top Bidder on Gavin Nugent (with Enniskillen Team) and negotiated once and failed and then negotiated again. He was unhappy with the second offer too but it took me to a 'player-less' page (terrible copied below).

[No description] No image for
Name () Position
Age yrs old Wage 0
Estimated value 0 (0) Market value 0 (0)
Contract days Morale 0/100
Loyalty 0/100 Overall 0/100

It seems his contract ran out but I have emailed the manager.

17th Sep 15 8:59 AM
roland68
Posts 978
Quote:
Originally posted by ozzymac

No, I am still here....

The player's contract did expire, but Posseidon had 2 days to negotiate.

I don't know what Posseidon offered but I obviously expected he would have negotiated successfully that last time...

So, If a manager makes a successful contract negotiation for a transfer before 8pm on the player's last day, does he accept? or does he leave the club? We'd hope the check for successful negotiation is done before the check for a contract expiring..

17th Sep 15 9:38 AM
Bartmeteenc
Posts 606
Quote:

Oi! Wanted to bid on a player only to find out my transfer rating has gone down a notch. Not sure why - just bought my first new player, I took about 2 days for transfer negotiating as well but... In the end he agreed terms, he's part of my club now!

Maybe I am overlooking something, but I haven't pulled out on a deal so far... At one point during contract negotiations I clicked on 'stop negotiation', but when I saw that it would cost me a transfer rating point, I canceled and went on with contract negotiations. I thought it could be costly to get a -1 at this stage, but here I am :-/

Well let's first focus on Posseidon's problem, but I thought my problem would fit in the same category, no need to make a new topic.

17th Sep 15 11:11 AM
RocketmanGav
Posts 185
Did you agree the contract or did your board end up offering him what he wanted?

17th Sep 15 12:04 PM
Posseidon
Posts 130
Quote:
Is it intentional for players in this position to leave the old club before accepting a board forced offer?

I don't know Gav, but I offered him improved terms over a rejected offer before the update.

17th Sep 15 12:17 PM
RocketmanGav
Posts 185
Quote:
I don't know Gav, but I offered him improved terms over a rejected offer before the update.

Sorry Poss, my question was to Bart.

In your case I suspect the player left as he didn't accept your offer and his contract run out before your board could step in.

17th Sep 15 12:27 PM
Bartmeteenc
Posts 606
Quote:
Originally posted by RocketmanGav
Did you agree the contract or did your board end up offering him what he wanted?

I kept offering better contracts for a while, until he agreed. Thanks for looking into this!

17th Sep 15 12:40 PM
Posseidon
Posts 130
Quote:
Sorry Poss, my question was to Bart.

In your case I suspect the player left as he didn't accept your offer and his contract run out before your board could step in.

So that's the way it is meant to be then? OK, will have to be more cautious in the future...

17th Sep 15 4:29 PM
roland68
Posts 978
Shame because I was looking forward to receiving your money, Posseidon !!

I really needed that and the transfer rating point(s)

18th Sep 15 11:07 AM
boardmangraham
Posts 71
Quote:

Quote:
So that's the way it is meant to be then? OK, will have to be more cautious in the future...

I think you are right with your assumption Gav as in the last version if you let a player's contract get down to 1 day you lost him no matter what you offered, but I can confirm that has been fixed in the update.

Looks like this is a contract negotiations bug, board should be stepping in before the player's contract runs out surely?

« Prev12Next »

Copyright © 2024 - IAG Games Ltd. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Rules of game