ITSAGOAL.org - More than just a game
HomeManagerClubMatch daySquadTransfersLeagueCompetitionsStatisticsCommunityHelpShop

View forum thread

CREATE
Create your football club from the ground up and establish yourself as a football manager.
MANAGE
Manage every aspect of your football club from player transfers to squad training.
COMPETE
Go head to head with thousands of football managers from all over the world.
Bugs & Site Issues
« Prev1Next »
20th Oct 15 8:17 PM
sirchan
Posts 21
Negotiations - BUG?
Possible bug but this is comparing to IAG2....

In IAG2, if you bid and get to negotiations, you have up to 4 attempts to negotiation but these depend on rival bids, how they are negotiating and where you are in the bidding position (1st,2nd or 3rd). 2 feedbacks x 2 days = 4.

Also in IAG2, if you were 2nd and negotiated successfully but 1st place hadn't, by the next day, you would have the player.

I've successfully negotiated a player in IAG3 and I don't believe I am highest bidder. The next day has come and I haven't been sold the player or obtained the player. This means that negotiations are still taking place. This is wrong compared to IAG2. Maybe this is IAG3's new rules, but I don't see this in the help files.

I'm very frustrated as I'm going have to wait until Season 2, day 4 to know whether I have the player or not, even though he's 100% happy with my terms. Some manager above me in bidding is being given a further chance to negotiate up to 4 attempts. Please look into this!!!!

20th Oct 15 8:18 PM
sirchan
Posts 21
The player in question is:

http://www.itsagoal.org/profiles/player/index.php?id=143912D39076C1C609CAE91A2C500227

I successfully negotiated on 1st attempt. Update on day 2 at 8am received.

20th Oct 15 8:29 PM
ozzymac
Posts 2,877
Quote:
Originally posted by sirchan

Also in IAG2, if you were 2nd and negotiated successfully but 1st place hadn't, by the next day, you would have the player.

Are you 100% certain that this was the case?

I remember getting the message that the player was happy with the terms yet his club was still to make their decision.

The only time i ever got a player on the 1st day was if i was the only bidder or the top bidder and the player was happy with what i offered.

20th Oct 15 9:05 PM
sirchan
Posts 21
Quote:
Originally posted by ozzymac
Are you 100% certain that this was the case?

I remember getting the message that the player was happy with the terms yet his club was still to make their decision.

The only time i ever got a player on the 1st day was if i was the only bidder or the top bidder and the player was happy with what i offered.

I'm pretty certain of this. It's why being 2nd highest bidder wasn't always a possible losing situation.

It had worked the other way round too. If you were the highest bidder but couldn't negotiate after 2 attempts, by the next day, if 2nd highest bidder got the contract agreed, they would prize the player away from 1st.

If both 1st and 2nd couldn't agree, negotiations would continue for the second day (meaning 4 attempts for player feedback to negotiations).

If after 4 attempts, no one could agree negotiations, the highest bidder - the club's board would cave into the players demands.

20th Oct 15 9:12 PM
sirchan
Posts 21
Further to the help guides...

"The next minor update will give some indication of how the player feels about your offer, but he won?t decide anything until the next major update. Even then, if you are the only bidder, he may decide he has the upper hand and ask for more wages. Do you call his bluff?"

8am 1st update - 100% happy with terms
8pm update (just), I should have him or the highest bidder should have him. The highest bidder should not get further negotiations.

Currently, just sitting at 100% happy with terms. He's not asking for anything further.

He current is saying "Fantastic, I cannot wait to get started."

20th Oct 15 9:20 PM
ozzymac
Posts 2,877
Quote:
The highest bidder should not get further negotiations.

But they do and this is the way it has always been.

The 2nd and 3rd placed bidders only get the opportunity to sign the player if the top placed bidder fails to agree terms.

20th Oct 15 9:22 PM
Lemmy
Posts 472
Quote:

This was definitely not the case!

20th Oct 15 9:24 PM
adam28
Posts 1,666
In iag2 I remember getting a couple of players from being second highest bidder. It does happen but I think it was rare.

20th Oct 15 9:32 PM
sirchan
Posts 21
I'm sure it wasn't like this.

When you were able to see the bids, you could see what date the manager bid. Something like below:

1st 18th October Manager A Bid 200,000
2nd 16th October Manager B Bid 180,001
3rd 16th October Manager C Bid 180,000

Then when the bidding closes and negotiations starts, you could see whether the manager started negotiations because the date changes:

1st 19th October Manager A Bid 200,000
2nd 19th October Manager B Bid 180,001

I swear that if Manager A failed in his negotiations on day 1, because Manager B has negotiated and successfully on 19th also, Manager A would not get the chance to negotiate. This wouldn't happen below:

1st 20th October Manager A Bid 200,000 - Given time to negotiate for the 3rd feedback from player on 2nd minor update.
2nd 19th October Manager B Bid 180,001 - You don't know this, but the player agreed to the contract

20th Oct 15 10:35 PM
garyt1
Posts 500
I'm sure you are wrong. 2nd only won if 1st failed to negotiate after 2 full days.

20th Oct 15 10:37 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,334
Quote:
Originally posted by garyt1
I'm sure you are wrong. 2nd only won if 1st failed to negotiate after 2 full days.

That's absolutely correct.

21st Oct 15 5:42 PM
roland68
Posts 980
I agree with sirchan here...

I am very, very sure that in IAG2, I got a few players after the first day of negotiations when I was not the highest bidder...

I also lost a player or two because I didn't negotiate on the first day of negotiations when I was the highest bidder..

This was IAG2 though. Haven't had any similar situations in IAG reloaded to know what happens now and with the new season's changes, it seems we'll never know.

21st Oct 15 6:07 PM
sirchan
Posts 21
Quote:
Originally posted by roland68
I agree with sirchan here...

I am very, very sure that in IAG2, I got a few players after the first day of negotiations when I was not the highest bidder...

I also lost a player or two because I didn't negotiate on the first day of negotiations when I was the highest bidder..

This was IAG2 though. Haven't had any similar situations in IAG reloaded to know what happens now and with the new season's changes, it seems we'll never know.

I'm glad I'm not alone here. I'm just going to say that the others who deny this simply did not pay enough attention.

21st Oct 15 6:26 PM
mitchell
Posts 481
Whoever is right, whoever is wrong, it's irrelevant really. That was IAG2, this is version 3 and may or may not have changed.

21st Oct 15 6:41 PM
RocketmanGav
Posts 185
To clear things up, I believe the following happens. If you are 2nd in the bidding and negotiate a contract at the first attempt you will gain the player if the top bidder didn't negotiate after the first day.

If the manager who finishes top doesn't offer a contract on the first day of negotiations he will get an opportunity too on the 2nd day no matter what you do being 2nd in the bidding.

21st Oct 15 7:19 PM
mitchell
Posts 481
Quote:
Originally posted by RocketmanGav
To clear things up, I BELIEVE the following happens.

I'm not sure the second part of that sentence goes very well with the first part

21st Oct 15 9:56 PM
boardmangraham
Posts 71
Quote:
Originally posted by RocketmanGav
To clear things up, I believe the following happens. If you are 2nd in the bidding and negotiate a contract at the first attempt you will gain the player if the top bidder didn't negotiate after the first day.

If the manager who finishes top doesn't offer a contract on the first day of negotiations he will get an opportunity too on the 2nd day no matter what you do being 2nd in the bidding.

+1

« Prev1Next »

Copyright © 2024 - IAG Games Ltd. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Rules of game