ITSAGOAL.org - More than just a game
HomeManagerClubMatch daySquadTransfersLeagueCompetitionsStatisticsCommunityHelpShop

View forum thread

CREATE
Create your football club from the ground up and establish yourself as a football manager.
MANAGE
Manage every aspect of your football club from player transfers to squad training.
COMPETE
Go head to head with thousands of football managers from all over the world.
Bugs & Site Issues
« Prev1234Next »
3rd Nov 15 12:36 PM
maddog17
Posts 273
Quote:
Originally posted by Muffin
Absolutely.

I would bid on more older players if there wasn't such a risk. So it hinders the market.

The other issue is the price. Do you "value" your bid based on a 2, 3, 4 or 5 season contract? Blind bidding makes that much more difficult. If you can see the other bids and you're the only bidder then you're safe with the asking price. It's difficult to see a good solution to that one without removing the blind bidding.

Yes my bids based on how long I think they will accept and I try to factor in how much I will need to pay them over the life of the contract to see if it is worthwhile or not financially but also the benefit to the team/club of having them.

3rd Nov 15 8:07 PM
pleasant_2nd
Posts 1,194
Quote:
Originally posted by maddog17
If the transfer market wasn't hard enough at the minute you get an extra kick in the teeth if you pull out at the negotiations stage (I know this has been mentioned a lot).

Was looking to buy an older player on the assumption he might accept a 2 year contract. Found out this morning that he will only accept 1 year so I have pulled out as not worth it.

Transfer rating now gone from 9 down to 5

I thought we were wanting to attract people to the game not drive them away.

Its going to get to the point where people just use youths and accept the fact that they are going to have an average team at best rather than risk using the transfer market.

Top football clubs pull out of deals all the time at the negotiation stage without any impact to them so I don't get why there is such a massive hit on teams in IAG for doing the same.

A 1 point drop I would get but 4 is ridiculous.

Just received the message 'Negotiations broken down' for a player I was selling.

Bugger! If I had my way, managers would get a TR hit of -5 if they withdraw during negotiations.

3rd Nov 15 8:58 PM
maddog17
Posts 273
Quote:
Originally posted by pleasant_2nd
Just received the message 'Negotiations broken down' for a player I was selling.

Bugger! If I had my way, managers would get a TR hit of -5 if they withdraw during negotiations.

Why?

I could maybe see why if the manager buying had asked you to list the player and then pulled out but if you are taking a punt listing the player then it is the risk you take.

When I put the offer in it was on the basis that the player might accept a 2 year contract based on recently accept a 2 year contract for the manager.

As soon as I knew it was one year only I let the manager know I was pulling out. Fortunately for them there were other bidders but I still think a 3 or 4 point hit is disproportionate especially when you don't have full details about what they will accept around length of contract, wages etc etc.

3rd Nov 15 9:07 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,332
Quote:
Why?

I could maybe see why if the manager buying had asked you to list the player and then pulled out but if you are taking a punt listing the player then it is the risk you take.

When I put the offer in it was on the basis that the player might accept a 2 year contract based on recently accept a 2 year contract for the manager.

As soon as I knew it was one year only I let the manager know I was pulling out. Fortunately for them there were other bidders but I still think a 3 or 4 point hit is disproportionate especially when you don't have full details about what they will accept around length of contract, wages etc etc.

Oh just ignore the bitter old fool. I bet he re-lists the player again soon anyway.

Bit of a bind to keep paying these TL fees though and I understand the manager who pulled out was the only bidder anyway.

Seems it's OK for a seller to take a punt selling a player and taking a risk in him actually selling but not OK for a buyer to take a punt on the player wanting a long contract.

Oh well.

3rd Nov 15 9:10 PM
maddog17
Posts 273
Quote:
Originally posted by pleasantsurprise
Oh just ignore the bitter old fool. I bet he re-lists the player again soon anyway.

Bit of a bind to keep paying these TL fees though and I understand the manager who pulled out was the only bidder anyway.

Seems it's OK for a seller to take a punt selling a player and taking a risk in him actually selling but not OK for a buyer to take a punt on the player wanting a long contract.

Oh well.

It's something that needs a tweak to not be so harsh if you withdraw during negotiations. If it stays as it is then managers won't take a gamble on older players.

3rd Nov 15 9:21 PM
pleasant_2nd
Posts 1,194
Quote:
It's something that needs a tweak to not be so harsh if you withdraw during negotiations. If it stays as it is then managers won't take a gamble on older players.

Well quite. The Help Files do say that you have to be very sure about your actions in the transfer market. A seller cannot remove a player once listed. A buyer, however, can remove his bid. If he leaves it late, he'll suffer a penalty. Managers bidding in the 'hope' of a player accepting a long contract must accept that they sometimes will not.

Older players can play a valuable role for teams. And just because they sometimes only want a 1 year contract in negotiations doesn't mean they're suddenly going to disappear from the game any time soon. They may well accept a longer contract come renewal time...

« Prev1234Next »

Copyright © 2024 - IAG Games Ltd. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Rules of game