ITSAGOAL.org - More than just a game
HomeManagerClubMatch daySquadTransfersLeagueCompetitionsStatisticsCommunityHelpShop

View forum thread

CREATE
Create your football club from the ground up and establish yourself as a football manager.
MANAGE
Manage every aspect of your football club from player transfers to squad training.
COMPETE
Go head to head with thousands of football managers from all over the world.
Bugs & Site Issues
« Prev1Next »
29th Sep 15 8:35 PM
toriblack
Posts 108
Average staff rating
I think there might be a bug in the average staff rating calculation. My average staff rating (in the board section) shows 18, but when I calculate it myself the correct average is 16. I tried calculating the average of the highest rated staff member for each role but it's still only 17 (exactly 17, so couldn't be rounded up to 1

The average player rating also shows 18 whereas the true figure is 17.35, so I can understand that one might have been rounded up.

Is this a bug, or one of those quirks in the game which we're supposed to figure out (eg it's their coaching rating rather than their overall rating)?

29th Sep 15 8:39 PM
Muffin
Posts 211
I should keep trying different averages until you find one that works.

29th Sep 15 9:11 PM
Firesilver
Posts 983
It's confirmed that this is not a bug. Exactly how it's calculated is not known. It's not especially important or more people would have tried to.

Pure speculation: the average is based in fact off what the rating of a combination of the best attributes of your staff in a particular area are. That is, if you have two coaches rated 20 overall, one with goalkeeper coaching 25 and outfield coaching 15, and another with goalkeeper coaching 16 and outfield coaching 24, the two combined would form a single staff member with goalkeeper coaching 25 and outfield coaching 24 who would be rated (for example) 24. This figure is used to calculate average staff rating rather than the individual staffs' 20 rating.

Could be way off the mark of course.

29th Sep 15 9:15 PM
TopGun2
Posts 570
Quote:
Originally posted by Firesilver
It's confirmed that this is not a bug. Exactly how it's calculated is not known. It's not especially important or more people would have tried to.

29th Sep 15 9:28 PM
PH3NIX
Posts 212
In the last version people made the mistake of taking the average of only the staff they have,and in many cases they didnt have a staff member for each position.Dont forget there are 5 different staff members.

Im with you TG

29th Sep 15 9:40 PM
Firesilver
Posts 983
Quote:
Originally posted by TopGun2

OK, it only has a small impact on a certain aspect of your club then.

Did you work out exactly how it works TG?

29th Sep 15 9:41 PM
TopGun2
Posts 570
Not 100% but 95% of the way there which was enough to manage it effectively.

29th Sep 15 9:45 PM
Muffin
Posts 211
Don't think it's important, so are we allowed to post or is this restricted info?

29th Sep 15 9:46 PM
TopGun2
Posts 570
It's not in the public domain so let's keep it that way.

29th Sep 15 9:47 PM
Muffin
Posts 211
Sure.

30th Sep 15 9:09 PM
KevinHann
Posts 678
Quote:
Originally posted by Firesilver

Pure speculation: the average is based in fact off what the rating of a combination of the best attributes of your staff in a particular area are. That is, if you have two coaches rated 20 overall, one with goalkeeper coaching 25 and outfield coaching 15, and another with goalkeeper coaching 16 and outfield coaching 24, the two combined would form a single staff member with goalkeeper coaching 25 and outfield coaching 24 who would be rated (for example) 24. This figure is used to calculate average staff rating rather than the individual staffs' 20 rating.

Could be way off the mark of course.

Quote:
Originally posted by TopGun2
It's not in the public domain so let's keep it that way.

So there is more to it

30th Sep 15 9:36 PM
ozzymac
Posts 2,877
Quote:
Originally posted by KevinHann
So there is more to it

Probably

30th Sep 15 9:40 PM
Ibcake
Posts 65

30th Sep 15 10:05 PM
KevinHann
Posts 678
Quote:
Originally posted by ozzymac
Probably

Aww now I won't sleep ever again!

30th Sep 15 10:15 PM
ozzymac
Posts 2,877
Quote:
Originally posted by KevinHann
Aww now I won't sleep ever again!

Good, means my job is done

10th Oct 15 10:12 PM
davidmike
Posts 222
want to know how youth players are being trained.it seems my youth players are not improving.

« Prev1Next »

Copyright © 2024 - IAG Games Ltd. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Rules of game