ITSAGOAL.org - More than just a game
HomeManagerClubMatch daySquadTransfersLeagueCompetitionsStatisticsCommunityHelpShop

View forum thread

CREATE
Create your football club from the ground up and establish yourself as a football manager.
MANAGE
Manage every aspect of your football club from player transfers to squad training.
COMPETE
Go head to head with thousands of football managers from all over the world.
New General Discussions Forum
« Prev12Next »
22nd Feb 24 9:10 PM
chyperhondriac
Posts 278
Injuries again
Five first team players on long injuries, including all three of my centre backs. Emergency loan anyone?

And I've just realised I'm going to have to have three goalkeepers on the bench for the next game. Really.

22nd Feb 24 9:13 PM
rambocat
Posts 404
Quote:
Originally posted by chyperhondriac
Five first team players on long injuries, including all three of my centre backs. Emergency loan anyone?

And I've just realised I'm going to have to have three goalkeepers on the bench for the next game. Really.

my centreback doroshenko is listed in brazil for 610k. hes 31 y/o rated 61 overall. 400+ matches of experience.
he had 3 bids currently.

22nd Feb 24 9:30 PM
chyperhondriac
Posts 278
Quote:
Originally posted by rambocat
my centreback doroshenko is listed in brazil for 610k. hes 31 y/o rated 61 overall. 400+ matches of experience.
he had 3 bids currently.

Worth considering, thanks. Can you relist players a couple of weeks after buying them?

22nd Feb 24 10:09 PM
Firesilver
Posts 979
Funny how these injury crises always seem to target a club's centrebacks. I've found fullbacks can do a reasonable job covering there, but if it's long term injuries for all 3 it could end up ruining your season in the key matches. Bad luck

Unfortunately I have nothing to offer you as I'm short on centrebacks myself until my youths come through. Hope you find someone suitable.

22nd Feb 24 11:00 PM
rambocat
Posts 404
Quote:
Originally posted by chyperhondriac
Worth considering, thanks. Can you relist players a couple of weeks after buying them?

i think you can re-list them sooner, if i'm not mistaken. perhap a mod can clarify?

23rd Feb 24 2:57 PM
chyperhondriac
Posts 278
Quote:
Originally posted by Firesilver
Funny how these injury crises always seem to target a club's centrebacks. I've found fullbacks can do a reasonable job covering there, but if it's long term injuries for all 3 it could end up ruining your season in the key matches. Bad luck

Fortunately I'm playing three caretaker teams out of the next four and one defender should be back after that so it shouldn't be catastrophic...unless any more players get crocked *crosses fingers*

20th Mar 24 8:19 PM
Firesilver
Posts 979
Picked up a 51-day injury to a reserve player during our reserve match yesterday. What chances that he doesn't recover fully during the off season and ends up retiring early do you think?

20th Mar 24 8:24 PM
euromyside
Posts 31
Quote:
Picked up a 51-day injury to a reserve player during our reserve match yesterday. What chances that he doesn't recover fully during the off season and ends up retiring early do you think?

buy some insurance then

20th Mar 24 9:19 PM
silkcut04
Posts 117
Quote:

That happened me had to pay up his contract 4 million plus he was only 23 rated 67 and still improving

20th Mar 24 10:50 PM
ramster59
Posts 29
Quote:

I thought all injuries fully reset at the end of the season?

21st Mar 24 8:59 AM
silkcut04
Posts 117
Quote:
Originally posted by ramster59
I thought all injuries fully reset at the end of the season?
They normally do but my 2nd team player was injured then i got message to say he had to retire through injury at the start of the following season ref compensation i had no insurance but this has only happened to me once.

21st Mar 24 10:49 AM
Firesilver
Posts 979
Quote:
Originally posted by euromyside
buy some insurance then

I don?t think insurance works like that

21st Mar 24 3:04 PM
Firesilver
Posts 979
So as far as I'm aware, injuries are reduced by a certain number of days between seasons. I can't recall exactly how many days. (Does anyone know?)

It would make sense for the career-ending injuries to be ones that last longer than this amount of time. So my player will have 41 days remaining injured at the end of the season. If the injury length was reduced by (for example) 35 days during the off season, he'd still have 6 more days remaining. This might be the game's trigger to send the message. Or it might not, it might just be random.

Has anyone else other than silkcut experienced this and, if so, do they remember how many days of injury their player had remaining?

Obviously there is very little I can do about it, but I'm just interested to know how it will work (so I can also brace myself for the potential 1.3M of wages he will have remaining on his contract...)

22nd Mar 24 9:41 PM
czambrana_2nd
Posts 15
Quote:
So as far as I'm aware, injuries are reduced by a certain number of days between seasons. I can't recall exactly how many days. (Does anyone know?)

It would make sense for the career-ending injuries to be ones that last longer than this amount of time. So my player will have 41 days remaining injured at the end of the season. If the injury length was reduced by (for example) 35 days during the off season, he'd still have 6 more days remaining. This might be the game's trigger to send the message. Or it might not, it might just be random.

Has anyone else other than silkcut experienced this and, if so, do they remember how many days of injury their player had remaining?

Obviously there is very little I can do about it, but I'm just interested to know how it will work (so I can also brace myself for the potential 1.3M of wages he will have remaining on his contract...)
Ive never seen that in all the time I've been playing, but I have had a few players say they have had enough and terminate their contract early.

23rd Mar 24 1:19 PM
BlueBoar
Posts 225
Second place in my league would be a great achievement for us, BUT... my season is effectively over after this week.

4 injuries and 1 knock is the worst in my league. 3 injuries occurred in the last 4 days, with 3 midfielders out and I now have 2 defenders injured, but one of those will be rested tonight to get him back to fitness.

It's frustrating when not one of the other 19 teams in my league has more than 2 injuries or knocks. If I was on a par with several other teams, it wouldn't bother me so much, but even the teams with more players than I have, are suffering less with injury... I just don't get why that is?

Bad luck? Nah... I don't buy it!

23rd Mar 24 1:26 PM
BlueBoar
Posts 225
Quote:
Originally posted by BlueBoar
Second place in my league would be a great achievement for us, BUT... my season is effectively over after this week.

4 injuries and 1 knock is the worst in my league. 3 injuries occurred in the last 4 days, with 3 midfielders out and I now have 2 defenders injured, but one of those will be rested tonight to get him back to fitness.

It's frustrating when not one of the other 19 teams in my league has more than 2 injuries or knocks. If I was on a par with several other teams, it wouldn't bother me so much, but even the teams with more players than I have, are suffering less with injury... I just don't get why that is?

And my very average 2nd team, which has only had at most one injury throughout the season, now has just two injuries, using very similar tactics between the teams throughout.

Like I say, it's very frustrating.

23rd Mar 24 2:00 PM
roland68
Posts 977
Quote:

Does that include the one you got in today's match? Sorry about that

Re: Your situation. Maybe you're having a bad season for injuries compared to others in your division but most likely some other teams in your division have had it worse than you in previous seasons.

One thing I noticed though is that two of your players injured this season, do seem to be very injury prone..

23rd Mar 24 2:18 PM
BlueBoar
Posts 225
Quote:
Originally posted by roland68
Does that include the one you got in today's match? Sorry about that

Re: Your situation. Maybe you're having a bad season for injuries compared to others in your division but most likely some other teams in your division have had it worse than you in previous seasons.

One thing I noticed though is that two of your players injured this season, do seem to be very injury prone..

I'm not upset with you, but I really wish I had played a significantly weakened side against your lot, as 2nd in the league is more important and now one of my best defenders is out with 2nd place now in jeopardy.

When you try to play the game in keeping with the spirit of the game and its rules and then have to bend over & take one up the tailpipe, it really rankles.

As for injury prone players, these are common throughout the game, not just to my club, so I don't really buy into that as a reasonable theory as to why I am the worst hit club in the English prem. It's not as if I don't rotate my players, my fringe players get reserve games, but only one of my fringe players is injured.

I'm not a happy bunny about this at all, to be honest.

23rd Mar 24 3:11 PM
Firesilver
Posts 979
Quote:

That seems a little melodramatic to me. Of your remaining 4 league matches, 3 of them are against bottom 6 teams. You can still field an entire team of 80-rated players (albeit not in a great formation, but you have some 70-rated cover in midfield). Yes, your final match of the season is away to 4th place, but they've had their fair share of injuries this season as well!

I doubt you'll finish any lower than 3rd and it's not beyond the realms of possibility that you either beat Lola or Jds drop a couple of points.

We have 3 players out injured for our last 4 games and my player selection screen is liberally coloured in with red and yellow cards next to many player's names, but I'm still not writing off my chances of what would be a very creditable 8th place finish. Like you, I have a final crunch match away to a close rival (and it may well be winner takes 8th) but I'm just getting on with it and trying to manage cards to ensure everyone's available for that game. No point in writing off a season until the 95th minute of the final match of the season

25th Mar 24 5:12 PM
rambocat
Posts 404
i could be wrong, but i have a feeling...
it seems when you promote/sign/sell a player, some kind if injury or injury streak is on the way.

« Prev12Next »

Copyright © 2024 - IAG Games Ltd. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Rules of game