ITSAGOAL.org - More than just a game
HomeManagerClubMatch daySquadTransfersLeagueCompetitionsStatisticsCommunityHelpShop

View forum thread

CREATE
Create your football club from the ground up and establish yourself as a football manager.
MANAGE
Manage every aspect of your football club from player transfers to squad training.
COMPETE
Go head to head with thousands of football managers from all over the world.
Bugs & Site Issues
« Prev12Next »
2nd Sep 15 9:22 AM
Muffin
Posts 211
Fatigue
I'm guessing this may be an area that's been changed with the new version, but after 10 days of training and playing matches, it just ain't rising fast enough.

That may sound a little odd, but it seems far too easy to manage fatigue at the moment.

Yeah, it's the same for everyone, but that's the whole point of raising it as an issue. If it's not difficult to manage then there's little point in having it.

Managing fatigue well should allow some managers to train their players faster than others or to use squad rotation if players are too tired ... and it doesn't appear to be achieving that.

2nd Sep 15 9:53 AM
thewrongone
Posts 50
Yes good point, it does seem like that. I've had players on high intensity weights for days, along with matches and they aren't fatigued.

2nd Sep 15 9:55 AM
BerryStraw
Posts 264
Another stat seems to be influenced by training on high intensity though..

2nd Sep 15 10:15 AM
MisterE
Posts 27
Quote:
Originally posted by Muffin
...it seems far too easy to manage fatigue at the moment.
Agreed

Quote:
Originally posted by BerryStraw
Another stat seems to be influenced by training on high intensity though..
Yup - not too bothered about it yet though.

2nd Sep 15 11:12 AM
Ryan1uk
Posts 360
Quote:
Originally posted by Muffin
I'm guessing this may be an area that's been changed with the new version, but after 10 days of training and playing matches, it just ain't rising fast enough.

That may sound a little odd, but it seems far too easy to manage fatigue at the moment.

Yeah, it's the same for everyone, but that's the whole point of raising it as an issue. If it's not difficult to manage then there's little point in having it.

Managing fatigue well should allow some managers to train their players faster than others or to use squad rotation if players are too tired ... and it doesn't appear to be achieving that.

Agreed. It is to easy at the moment to manage.

2nd Sep 15 12:43 PM
Muffin
Posts 211
Thanks for the responses guys.

I've been giving this a lot of thought. Rather than simply raise it as an issue, I thought it may be helpful to propose a solution.

It seems that fatigue comes from two main sources, playing matches and training, and there is also an amount of daily recovery. I've been crunching some numbers, and these may not be perfect, but I think they're a good approximation.

• Fatigue cost of training varies with assignment and intensity.
  • It appears that playing a full match for 90 minutes costs 4 fatigue. This seems to vary a little with older players.
  • There seems to be a daily recovery of 10 fatigue. (Masked by any training, but 10 for Rest).

Maybe this is best analysed on a weekly basis
    There is 70 fatigue available to each player (7 days x 10).

Worst case
    If a first team player plays 5 league and 2 cup matches then that costs 28 fatigue. In the event that he is also selected for 2 reserve games this will be 36 fatigue for 9 matches per week, possible but rather extreme.

First team players
    Most first team players would play less than this. With first team games only, squad rotation, suspensions, substitutions and cup exits then most of the first team would probably average around 5-6 matches a week. That has a fatigue cost of 20-24.

Reserves
    2 reserve matches per week has a fatigue cost of 8. A little more if they are squad players who sometimes play in the first team. With very large squads, they may not even get a regular reserve game.

Fatigue available for training
    So I'd estimate the weekly fatigue for most players from just playing matches will be in the range 8-24. Deducting this from the 70 available leaves between 46 and 62 available for training assignments. That's far too much.

How and why should it be changed?
    Managing fatigue for each player affects how many matches can be played, their training assignments and the intensity.

If it's easy then players can play every match available, choose any training assignment and use high intensity.

If it's hard they can't play every match, or train as hard as possible. Managers will need to use squad rotation and/or put players on Rest and/or train them more slowly.

The question is where to put the slider? Very Easy, Easy, Straightforward, Moderate, Difficult, Hard, Very Hard.

Proposal
    The simplest solution seems to be to decrease the amount of daily recovery from 10 to some other value.

Changing it from 10 to 4, for example, would allow a player to play 1 match per day but not do any training without fatigue rising. It would allow the reserves to train, but after the first few seasons first teamers would not need much training. Hard but workable, and reserves would train slowly.

Daily recovery options

4 - Very Hard
    5 - Hard
    6 - Fairly Hard
    7 - Moderate
    8 - Fairly Easy
    9 - Easy
    10 - Very Easy

Personally, I would like to change it to 5 or maybe 6 as I think it would make this area of the game challenging and fun. It would be more realistic in forcing squad rotation for clubs involved in cup matches. There would be an advantage to having larger squads. Players would train more slowly and this would give an advantage to managers who train their players efficiently.

No doubt, others will have a different view. Thoughts?
  •  
    2nd Sep 15 12:45 PM
    RocketmanGav
    Posts 185
    Obviously with the change to a 56 day season and more games being played, Ron had to adjust fatigue to cater for this.

Perhaps he went a little far?

As the admin didn't want any advantage during the testing we are learning the same things as everyone else.

It has been brought to Ron's attention...

3rd Sep 15 2:19 PM
    calvino_spark
    Posts 329
    Fatigue management is fairly easy at the moment but this is a season without The Divisional Cups. Could teams involved in those Cups find it too difficult to manage fatigue next season if it was made harder to deal with now?

3rd Sep 15 2:23 PM
    RocketmanGav
    Posts 185
    Quote:
    Originally posted by calvino_spark
    Fatigue management is fairly easy at the moment but this is a season without The Divisional Cups. Could teams involved in those Cups find it too difficult to manage fatigue next season if it was made harder to deal with now?

Isn't that the challenge of making sure you use a full squad rather than a set 11 players for each game.

Personally I would like to see it much harder, with 2 reserve games each week, at the moment I can play my best 11 in each game and still keep my full squad fit.

3rd Sep 15 2:28 PM
    calvino_spark
    Posts 329
    Quote:
    Originally posted by RocketmanGav
    Isn't that the challenge of making sure you use a full squad rather than a set 11 players for each game.

Personally I would like to see it much harder, with 2 reserve games each week, at the moment I can play my best 11 in each game and still keep my full squad fit.
    Fair enough. I was more saying that I don't know what the impact of the extra divisional cup matches would be and whether that would make the fatigue and recovery right as it is.

3rd Sep 15 2:43 PM
    RocketmanGav
    Posts 185
    Quote:
    Originally posted by calvino_spark
    Fair enough. I was more saying that I don't know what the impact of the extra divisional cup matches would be and whether that would make the fatigue and recovery right as it is.

I understand.

I suppose the current position needs to be the default and those managers who do get into the extra cup competition need to plan a little harder to keep fatigue under better control

3rd Sep 15 5:12 PM
    Muffin
    Posts 211
    There's so much "free" fatigue at the moment that a few more cup games won't make much difference.

See the numbers I posted earlier.

As Gav says, if necessary the clubs should make use of the full squad.

3rd Sep 15 7:01 PM
    scotty1962
    Posts 3,249
    Ive got a player on 35 fatigue, and other players with highish fatigue, so some teams still in the cups are suffering.

With so many games so close, plus training, plus low stat. players, I think the fatigue is currently perfect. Maybe a tweak in a couple of seasons, but not right now.

Like I say, I think its perfect atm.

3rd Sep 15 7:04 PM
    stripey
    Posts 6,150
    Some very helpful stuff there, Muffin.

3rd Sep 15 7:10 PM
    stripey
    Posts 6,150
    Quote:
    Originally posted by scotty1962
    Ive got a player on 35 fatigue, and other players with highish fatigue, so some teams still in the cups suffering.

With so many games so close, plus training, plus low stat. players, I think the fatigue is currently perfect. Maybe a tweak in a couple of seasons, but not right now.

Like I say, I think its perfect atm.

You're working them to the bone, then, Scotty?

3rd Sep 15 8:22 PM
    scotty1962
    Posts 3,249
    Quote:
    Originally posted by stripey
    You're working them to the bone, then, Scotty?

Nah not really tbh, and the training Im doing shouldnt raise their fatigue that much.

Like I say the Cup games [Im still in our Lge Cup ] are having an impact, so imho, the fatigue is set perfectly, for now.

Maybe change it in season 3? I think atm, with players attributes so low, having to rest a player for so many days over a season will become a long and tedious task, atm....

3rd Sep 15 8:46 PM
    wally
    Posts 1,311
    Quote:
    Originally posted by scotty1962
    Nah not really tbh, and the training Im doing shouldnt raise their fatigue that much.

Like I say the Cup games [Im still in our Lge Cup ] are having an impact, so imho, the fatigue is set perfectly, for now.

Maybe change it in season 3? I think atm, with players attributes so low, having to rest a player for so many days over a season will become a long and tedious task, atm....

wouldnt want to be a player in your team you slave driver

3rd Sep 15 10:03 PM
    scotty1962
    Posts 3,249
    Quote:
    Originally posted by wally
    wouldnt want to be a player in your team you slave driver

heheee

4th Sep 15 8:05 AM
    IanD
    Posts 90
    Increase the risks of knocks to higher fatigue... don't perhaps need to change the faitgue levels just yet. Having more knocks means the Players are not injured, but forces the Manager to decide whether to train them. He may even be convinced he may be able to play them, should the variation of knocks be administered well.

Currently, we have too few knocks. Maybe we could add a list of the typical knocks players receive and introduce more, at various levels of knocks..

Example Knocks

Broken Nose - loss of 50% Match Fitness
    Dead Leg - loss of 25%
    Cut / Bandage - Loss of 5%

any more?

4th Sep 15 8:43 AM
    scotty1962
    Posts 3,249
    Quote:
    Originally posted by IanD
    Increase the risks of knocks to higher fatigue... don't perhaps need to change the faitgue levels just yet. Having more knocks means the Players are not injured, but forces the Manager to decide whether to train them. He may even be convinced he may be able to play them, should the variation of knocks be administered well.

Currently, we have too few knocks. Maybe we could add a list of the typical knocks players receive and introduce more, at various levels of knocks..

[/u]

Broken Nose - loss of 50% Match Fitness
    Dead Leg - loss of 25%
    Cut / Bandage - Loss of 5%

any more?

Players continue playing now with broken noses and fractured cheekbones 0% decrease. We could impose a 50 credit charge for the carbon face mask for each time the player continues to play in matches. Although if he suffers another head injury during the match then maybe 50% loss.

Also cut/bandage, that would be no loss, it would come under the Terry Butcher no problem just carry on ideology of, even when half my skull is hanging off, its just a scratch!!!

Ermmm ... but we could have... getting bitten by an opposition player, loss of morale 15%.

« Prev12Next »

Copyright © 2024 - IAG Games Ltd. All rights reserved.
    Disclaimer | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Rules of game