ITSAGOAL.org - More than just a game
HomeManagerClubMatch daySquadTransfersLeagueCompetitionsStatisticsCommunityHelpShop

View forum thread

CREATE
Create your football club from the ground up and establish yourself as a football manager.
MANAGE
Manage every aspect of your football club from player transfers to squad training.
COMPETE
Go head to head with thousands of football managers from all over the world.
New General Discussions Forum
3rd May 21 5:30 AM
AKRAZY
Posts 103
Quote:
Originally posted by Boston2017_2nd
This will hurt top teams

why will it? does winning every season not hurt them more? none have reached 8501 rating and in previous versions they have.

oh yeah the avg levels will in increase but we still aren't sure if we will be getting 90's from the YA or even if its possible, and it will be the top teams that pump more of them out with their staff etc. :L

3rd May 21 5:38 AM
AKRAZY
Posts 103
this will effect transfer prices short term but I think we will hit a point and then will start to inflate or hold their prices.

also nobody is going to crash and burn, the avgs will be probably 50+ now in the top 100 in a couple seasons.

3rd May 21 2:52 PM
roland68
Posts 615
I wonder if anyone logged in to check their youth-player improvements yesterday without having read the announcement / this post.

3rd May 21 3:55 PM
Andy1970_2nd
Posts 14
Great news, well done to all involved!!!!
Several of my youths jumped 20+ points into the 70s, so that is great! To have youths coming through when I cant seem to sign a player will help keep my teams going, and with my 2nd team, my plan is to have Guinea (Equatorial) players in it and I'm hoping to do this with youth promotions!
Also hoping it may push prices in the transfer market down to reasonable levels? Either people will sell their better youths, or hold onto them and not need to buy a player?
Squad sizes should also be capped at 25-30 players, might put some pressure on the top teams who seem to hog the best players.

3rd May 21 6:24 PM
Uxua
Posts 4
Hello,

Now... will there be higher rejection rates from players to join the team? I never understood how that was even ever a thing. Wouldn't correspond to reality.

But I suppose this might finally allow teams like mine to get out of this routine, time will tell.
Next thing to be improved should be the ability to find decent staff.

For seasons (and calendar years) I've been stuck more or less in the same ratings / rankings. I am able to procure youths, but if they are too good by the time they turn 18, it's usual bye-bye. Only about 50-60% of them join the team anyway, which means players retire a bit quicker than I can replace them, causing a natural squad depletion. Therefore back-filling with weaker or retiring players from the transfer-market (all I can afford) have been a sad necessity.
Being stuck in this routine has meant that I am stuck in the 50-60 club rating zone, and ALWAYS get 4th / 5th place every season in the top division of my league, for some 20 seasons now. Maybe I am just a bad tactician I've always blamed myself for that.

In any case, this new change with the Youth Academy may well throw things out of whack, especially if players do sign in with the clubs when they reach ripe age. From my academy, my youths went up significantly in some cases (some had been stuck for a while):

Margrimursson: 49 --> 68
Vara: 56 --> 63
Selvik: 57 --> 75
Hanssen: 42 --> 66
Hein: 47 --> 80
Dohn: 42 --> 55
Paulsen: 36 --> 52
Sondral: 27 --> 36

Marking Selvik (17 yo) for promotion, since one of the attributes went to 99, which I imagine means he can't improve anymore. Expecting a big rejection letter, but if he joins, I'll be happy as a clam

As a general rule (don't know if this is good or bad), I always wait until they turn 18, let the process work itself out and leave them in academy maximum amount of time. But based on the transfer listing youth-sign-ins, I seem to be one of few managers in my league who does this, maybe I am doing it wrong. Based on some of what other posters shared in terms of youth gains, I think I lucked out, lets see how it plays out.

Thanks, team!

Uxua

3rd May 21 6:34 PM
Boston2017_2nd
Posts 29
Quote:
Originally posted by AKRAZY
why will it? does winning every season not hurt them more? none have reached 8501 rating and in previous versions they have.

oh yeah the avg levels will in increase but we still aren't sure if we will be getting 90's from the YA or even if its possible, and it will be the top teams that pump more of them out with their staff etc. :L

Making 80 youth available for everyone means no one will buy 50 rated players, stagnant transfer market, and having all teams in the caliber of Manchester City

4th May 21 12:27 AM
Uxua
Posts 4
Follow-up:
Selvik accepted to join the senior team.
Also, one of my youth players (Vara) went from rating 63 to 65 today (Monday). And yes I checked the 3 specifics attributes to make sure I didn't misread. I thought those updates were a Saturday thing, but I guess no more.
Uxua

4th May 21 6:36 AM
ronaldstothard
Posts 5
Quote:
Making 80 youth available for everyone means no one will buy 50 rated players, stagnant transfer market, and having all teams in the caliber of Manchester City

Nonesense. Youth team takes more time and effort than most are willing to invest. Buying from the market will still be the quickest way to fill your team.

4th May 21 9:21 AM
dazstag1967
Posts 43
Think the increases are daily now uxua

4th May 21 12:13 PM
maddog17_2nd
Posts 237
Quote:
Originally posted by dazstag1967

They are based on the detail in the News Article:

"Player ability increases will now happen across the week rather than only on Saturdays".

Will be interested to see how the changes work out over time.

4th May 21 5:42 PM
Boston2017_2nd
Posts 29
Quote:
Originally posted by ronaldstothard
Nonesense. Youth team takes more time and effort than most are willing to invest. Buying from the market will still be the quickest way to fill your team.

It?s very easy to build a squad just from youth.. it takes 4-5 seasons sondoable and some have done it before

4th May 21 8:27 PM
Uxua
Posts 4
Quote:
It?s very easy to build a squad just from youth.. it takes 4-5 seasons sondoable and some have done it before

Respectfully, I'd love to learn how.
My team is not top, but consistently top 100, often hovering around 50.
I get a youth player join the squad every 2 seasons, sometimes one per season, at best.
And my Youth Academy always has 7-8 players.
Uxua

4th May 21 8:57 PM
Notfair
Posts 13
Quote:
very true. i once built a band from musical youths. it only took 4-5 days.

4th May 21 10:02 PM
stripey
Posts 4,706
Quote:
Originally posted by dazstag1967
They can happen on any day in the week. There's no intended suggestion of increased frequency.

4th May 21 10:04 PM
Lovemaster2nd
Posts 270
At last, a step in the right direction/ kick at goal between the sticks!
Encouraging.

5th May 21 4:00 AM
AKRAZY
Posts 103
Quote:

80+ will probably still be rare, like now we see max rated youths being in the 70?s but there bot exactly common, there will still be use for 50?s for development clubs.

5th May 21 10:59 AM
Bartmeteenc
Posts 597
Quote:
Originally posted by Uxua
Follow-up:
Selvik accepted to join the senior team.
Also, one of my youth players (Vara) went from rating 63 to 65 today (Monday). And yes I checked the 3 specifics attributes to make sure I didn't misread. I thought those updates were a Saturday thing, but I guess no more.
Uxua

Seems like a really decent youth promotion! Congratulations!

Really curious about the long-term effect of the change. I think one of the biggest issues now is the transfer market prices. When there's a larger amount of 70s, 80s players (not only through reset teams), prices should drop and more teams should be able to sign higher rated players...! Thus, staying with a club for a longer time seems more worthwhile.

Psyched about this, I think the IAG crew made a bold but great decision implementing this. Let's see how it plays out

5th May 21 11:21 AM
Andy1970_2nd
Posts 14
Loved my scouts coming back with 50+ rated youths and I rejected them, never would have done that before! And only one 11yo rated 5!
Also I notice when you send scouts out now, that they've tweaked the age bracket you can look for, which is interesting. I'm wondering if there's more gems in a certain age bracket.
My first team is about 75% youth players, and I can actually put a team out made up entirely of promoted youths, which is what I do when I play the top teams and know I will lose.
My 2nd team, the plan is to get promoted youths from Guinea and Eq Guinea, and so my team will eventually be only of players from those countries. Guinea Pig FC project will then be complete, but hopefully I can start adding in better quality youth players now.

5th May 21 3:01 PM
roland68
Posts 615
Quote:
Originally posted by Andy1970_2nd
Loved my scouts coming back with 50+ rated youths and I rejected them, never would have done that before! And only one 11yo rated 5!

Ignored a 50+ rated youth too

5th May 21 5:27 PM
cristianzambrana
Posts 362
Quote:
Originally posted by Andy1970_2nd
Also I notice when you send scouts out now, that they've tweaked the age bracket you can look for, which is interesting. I'm wondering if there's more gems in a certain age bracket.
My first team is about 75% youth players, and I can actually put a team out made up entirely of promoted youths, which is what I do when I play the top teams and know I will lose.
My 2nd team, the plan is to get promoted youths from Guinea and Eq Guinea, and so my team will eventually be only of players from those countries. Guinea Pig FC project will then be complete, but hopefully I can start adding in better quality youth players now.
I like it when people do projects like that. I was promoted to premiership with an all Italian team last season which were mostly youths. It took me ages to achieve that. But I had to bring in foreign players because I was going to get relagated. I regret ruining that now. It was difficult to find enough good players but now the youth system has changed you might not have a bad team.

Copyright © 2021 - IAG Games Ltd. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Rules of game