ITSAGOAL.org - More than just a game
HomeManagerClubMatch daySquadTransfersLeagueCompetitionsStatisticsCommunityHelpShop

View forum thread

CREATE
Create your football club from the ground up and establish yourself as a football manager.
MANAGE
Manage every aspect of your football club from player transfers to squad training.
COMPETE
Go head to head with thousands of football managers from all over the world.
Bugs & Site Issues
29th Aug 15 9:43 AM
RocketmanGav_2nd
Posts 42
Thinking about this I think IanD and Berry along with my suggestion of a line in the contract screen is the best way forward.

Obvious update to help files.

Taking away my own disappointment and thinking more gameplay, I think Ron has put in a real good factor to spice up negotiations.

So maybe just a line on the contract screen stating failure to negotiate a contract with x player will mean negotiations will not be possible for 1 season or 5 days at the end of his current contract.

Thoughts?

29th Aug 15 1:50 PM
wheelbarrow
Posts 6
'Tamagotchi Toyota had his contract negotiated 5 days ago. All contracts must be in place for at least 1 season before the board will consider renegotiation.'

See this already being discussed here, I was unaware this was a thing and always renegotiate on mass. Six players agreed new contracts which is fine but what happens with the five who did not? For example Tamagotchi here only has 33 days of his current contract left before his batteries need changing.

29th Aug 15 1:58 PM
weejordy97
Posts 367
Quote:
Originally posted by wheelbarrow
'Tamagotchi Toyota had his contract negotiated 5 days ago. All contracts must be in place for at least 1 season before the board will consider renegotiation.'

See this already being discussed here, I was unaware this was a thing and always renegotiate on mass. Six players agreed new contracts which is fine but what happens with the five who did not? For example Tamagotchi here only has 33 days of his current contract left before his batteries need changing.

You can begin negotiations with him again when he has 5 days remaining on his current contract.

29th Aug 15 2:01 PM
scotty1962
Posts 3,249
Quote:
Originally posted by RocketmanGav_2nd
Thinking about this I think IanD and Berry along with my suggestion of a line in the contract screen is the best way forward.

Taking away my own disappointment and thinking more gameplay, I think Ron has put in a real good factor to spice up negotiations.

So maybe just a line on the contract screen stating failure to negotiate a contract with x player will mean negotiations will not be possible for 1 season or 5 days at the end of his current contract.

Thoughts?

My thoughts are, is that its been added for a reason, those that dont 'get it' and moan because they 'dont get it' are rightfully reaping being ... not very clever.

Its an awesome addition, and personally it will get the transfer system working better and faster, surely thats what the creators intended with this...?

But hey, call it a bug to the unwashed.

29th Aug 15 2:05 PM
thewrongone
Posts 50
Quote:

Thoughts?

I'm not sure if I like this new idea although if kept it just makes it all part of the challenge of the game.

If kept I think 1 season is too long and you may consider half a season, or 2-3 times a season? I agree with the reason it has been changed though.

For instance, without knowing of this new addition, I now have old fringe players that I can't negotiate with for a season because I tried to get them on cheaper deals before deciding whether to try to sell them when the TM opens.

Surely to negotiate more than once a season is realistic?

29th Aug 15 2:29 PM
Killy
Posts 33
I think the whole negotiate a contract once a season (apart from when a player has five days remaining on their contract) makes the game more realistic.

Not only does it mean you have to up your bartering game, but at this stage of the game it puts everyone in the same position - that we need to learn even more about negotiating contracts.

I am currently opening contract discussions right now, but I am not rushing into it immediately due to the fact that I will not have time for some players over the coming days. I like this element, as it means you will have to select a time that is suited to both the manager and the player as well.

It is likely to get annoying for some on the get go, but given time many will grow accustomed to the feature and it will seem like regular clock work.

29th Aug 15 2:38 PM
scotty1962
Posts 3,249
Quote:
Originally posted by Killy
I think the whole negotiate a contract once a season (apart from when a player has five days remaining on their contract) makes the game more realistic.

Not only does it mean you have to up your bartering game, but at this stage of the game it puts everyone in the same position - that we need to learn even more about negotiating contracts.

I am currently opening contract discussions right now, but I am not rushing into it immediately due to the fact that I will not have time for some players over the coming days. I like this element, as it means you will have to select a time that is suited to both the manager and the player as well.

It is likely to get annoying for some on the get go, but given time many will grow accustomed to the feature and it will seem like regular clock work.

+1.

Im sorry, and maybe Im being harsh, but cmon, surely everyone saw the neg. days 'thingy' but if you're being lazy then lol, reap it.

I can only imagine the transfer market will be very active, which will be a good thing surely.

29th Aug 15 2:41 PM
eddie
Posts 2
I have no problem with it, I'll adapt either way. Just want to know that is how it is rather than its a bug.

29th Aug 15 2:42 PM
adam28
Posts 1,666
Quote:
Originally posted by scotty1962
+1.

Im sorry, and maybe Im being harsh, but cmon, surely everyone saw the neg. days 'thingy' but if you're being lazy then lol, reap it.

I can only imagine the transfer market will be very active, which will be a good thing surely.

Harsh

29th Aug 15 2:57 PM
IanD
Posts 90
Quote:
Originally posted by BerryStraw
No player should be on a contract you're not happy with just because you entered negotiations. Negotiations are about finding out if an agreement can be made, there's never an obligation to finish them successfully.

The game MAY present an opportunity where a Player CAN be on a contract you are not happy with.

It's quite possible if you run the Club poorly, and your Squad numbers drop below an expected level, your Board will step in and renew a contract on a Player that you fail to agree terms with. So this does mean when you enter negotiations, it can happen.

Granted, I'm not 100% on this happening regarding failing to agree under normal circumstances. It isn't quite what I recall discussed in how the current system was due to operate. I understand what Gav's concerns are, regarding waiting until the final 10-15 days and being allowed to negotiate twice in a season. However, even if left alone in that occuring, you gain no more than anyone else in time, you just use it differently.

29th Aug 15 2:57 PM
IanD
Posts 90
Quote:

Thoughts?

Works for me.

29th Aug 15 3:03 PM
IanD
Posts 90
Quote:
Originally posted by thewrongone

Surely to negotiate more than once a season is realistic?

What would you suggest...?

We have seen IRL, some Players at their clubs make demands that have caused contracts to stall. R.Sterling refused several offers but was that ONE negotiation ? Theo Walcott dragged his out, but did it happen over a couple of seasons (ie last and this one)?

If we want realism taken seriously and full on, we should see alot more in the game. Such as Transfer Windows, Sackings and so forth. Managers have squads of approx 20+ players, so having to spend time in negotiations with them all in shortened seasons now, only seems right to have one chance per season to discuss these terms. It's harder, but then again, it's the same for everyone.

29th Aug 15 3:42 PM
BerryStraw
Posts 264
Quote:
Originally posted by IanD
The game MAY present an opportunity where a Player CAN be on a contract you are not happy with.

It's quite possible if you run the Club poorly, and your Squad numbers drop below an expected level, your Board will step in and renew a contract on a Player that you fail to agree terms with. So this does mean when you enter negotiations, it can happen.

Granted, I'm not 100% on this happening regarding failing to agree under normal circumstances. It isn't quite what I recall discussed in how the current system was due to operate. I understand what Gav's concerns are, regarding waiting until the final 10-15 days and being allowed to negotiate twice in a season. However, even if left alone in that occuring, you gain no more than anyone else in time, you just use it differently.

Has this changed? I thought if the squad numbers dropped below a certain value you would get warned by the board via PM and if not dealt with accordingly sacked eventually.

The only time the board would sign a player was when negotiating a transfer. As you have a chance to withdraw from that negotiations, I think that's completely different though.

29th Aug 15 3:46 PM
BerryStraw
Posts 264
Can someone from the admin team tell us if contract negotiations work now as they were meant? Because gut feeling tells me it doesn't.

29th Aug 15 4:27 PM
IanD
Posts 90
Quote:
Can someone from the admin team tell us if contract negotiations work now as they were meant? Because gut feeling tells me it doesn't.

They have worked as they were meant to from the start....

29th Aug 15 4:29 PM
IanD
Posts 90
Quote:
Has this changed? I thought if the squad numbers dropped below a certain value you would get warned by the board via PM and if not dealt with accordingly sacked eventually.

The only time the board would sign a player was when negotiating a transfer. As you have a chance to withdraw from that negotiations, I think that's completely different though.

If you had a Squad of 17 players and you had a few on less than 56 days contracts, the first one that was due and failed to successfully negotiate would likely see the Board step in and keep him.

It's been that way for a long time, not changed as you seem to think.

29th Aug 15 4:29 PM
BerryStraw
Posts 264
Quote:
They have worked as they were meant to from the start....

That surprises me as it keeps the 30% SWR trick possible, although far more difficult.

29th Aug 15 4:33 PM
IanD
Posts 90
Quote:
That surprises me as it keeps the 30% SWR trick possible, although far more difficult.

It means it will actually happen... if used, the 30% SWR will occur. That may then prove to be harder than you think to reduce next season. If programmed correctly, the Player may not accept anything less than what he's being paid..

29th Aug 15 4:38 PM
BerryStraw
Posts 264
Quote:
It means it will actually happen... if used, the 30% SWR occur. That may then prove to be harder than you think to reduce next season. If programmed correctly, the Player may not accept anything less than what he's being paid..

As it is now, I'd just need to make sure that the player signed at the last day out of five. Then, if I start negotiations again exactly one season after I last started them, he should sign on negotiation day four. 30% will not have kicked in by then.

29th Aug 15 4:51 PM
IanD
Posts 90
Quote:
As it is now, I'd just need to make sure that the player signed at the last day out of five. Then, if I start negotiations again exactly one season after I last started them, he should sign on negotiation day four. 30% will not have kicked in by then.

So, you begin Negotiations on Day 10 (for example)... you get him to sign on Day 15.
Next Season, you cannot begin Negotiations until Day 15... hence it has kicked in...

Copyright © 2024 - IAG Games Ltd. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Rules of game