ITSAGOAL.org - More than just a game
HomeManagerClubMatch daySquadTransfersLeagueCompetitionsStatisticsCommunityHelpShop

View forum thread

CREATE
Create your football club from the ground up and establish yourself as a football manager.
MANAGE
Manage every aspect of your football club from player transfers to squad training.
COMPETE
Go head to head with thousands of football managers from all over the world.
Football Leagues and Cups
« Prev1Next »
15th Apr 21 6:21 PM
TopGun2
Posts 569
English League Cup
Wot no League Cup thread?

So, good news, I'm part of the government's Event Research Programme.

In other words, I've got a ticket to the cup final next week!!!!!!!

Been nowhere in a year but suddenly I'm off to Wembley for a day out... on my birthday!

Beat off stiff competition to become one of 2000 Spurs fans allowed to attend (thanks to my ridiculous record of attendance at previous matches because I'm an idiot), and now I've won the glorious prize of a PCR Covid test next Tuesday, a Lateral Flow test at a test centre on Saturday, another PCR test 5 days after the game, a questionnaire to fill in and the opportunity to hand over £50 for the ticket when 4,000 local Wembley residents get their tickets for free.

In addition to all that next week, I am having my vaccine jab this Sunday and a wisdom tooth removed on Wednesday! It's going to be a hell of a week

15th Apr 21 6:37 PM
Lovemaster2nd
Posts 263
Quote:
Originally posted by TopGun2
Wot no League Cup thread?

So, good news, I'm part of the government's Event Research Programme.

In other words, I've got a ticket to the cup final next week!!!!!!!

Been nowhere in a year but suddenly I'm off to Wembley for a day out... on my birthday!

Beat off stiff competition to become one of 2000 Spurs fans allowed to attend (thanks to my ridiculous record of attendance at previous matches because I'm an idiot), and now I've won the glorious prize of a PCR Covid test next Tuesday, a Lateral Flow test at a test centre on Saturday, another PCR test 5 days after the game, a questionnaire to fill in and the opportunity to hand over £50 for the ticket when 4,000 local Wembley residents get their tickets for free.

In addition to all that next week, I am having my vaccine jab this Sunday and a wisdom tooth removed on Wednesday! It's going to be a hell of a week
Keep the ticket stub mate that'll be worth hundreds in years to come.

16th Apr 21 8:26 PM
jamesimp_2nd
Posts 291
There was competition for Spurs tickets? Are you it wasn't the opposition trying to sneak into the away end? I've got this friend on Facebook whos an Arsenil fan, don't know what he'll post if he can't go on about how long its been since you won a trophy

25th Apr 21 10:09 AM
TopGun2
Posts 569
Game day, I'm excited to an unhealthy level. It's 3 hours before I even think about leaving the house but the adrenaline is already coursing, and I barely slept last night. Trying to l keep my expectations in check, chance of winning is down below 20% I'd say but it would be monumental for me if we pulled it off, today of all days.

It's been so long since i was in a stadium, I had to remind myself of the songbook yesterday! No doubt my voice will go, trying to fill Wembley with noise from just 2000 fans is not going to be easy, I already warned my colleagues that I might be quite quiet in tomorrow's virtual meetings.

Watching highlights of our recent victories over City, not sure this is the right way to keep that hope & reality balanced but, oh well, you gotta enjoy it right?

25th Apr 21 10:26 AM
Lovemaster2nd
Posts 263
Quote:
Game day, I'm excited to an unhealthy level. It's 3 hours before I even think about leaving the house but the adrenaline is already coursing, and I barely slept last night. Trying to l keep my expectations in check, chance of winning is down below 20% I'd say but it would be monumental for me if we pulled it off, today of all days.

It's been so long since i was in a stadium, I had to remind myself of the songbook yesterday! No doubt my voice will go, trying to fill Wembley with noise from just 2000 fans is not going to be easy, I already warned my colleagues that I might be quite quiet in tomorrow's virtual meetings.

Watching highlights of our recent victories over City, not sure this is the right way to keep that hope & reality balanced but, oh well, you gotta enjoy it right?
Enjoy the occasion mate.
GL

25th Apr 21 8:09 PM
TopGun2
Posts 569
Might have been nice if Spurs even turned up

25th Apr 21 8:19 PM
Piper_FC
Posts 1,357
Quote:
Might have been nice if Spurs even turned up

That was a tough one! What a fantastic opportunity, nevertheless. I'm sure you had some pretty great moments throughout the build-up and match. Wembley would be an incredible place to watch a match.

25th Apr 21 8:44 PM
TopGun2
Posts 569
I've been lucky enough to go to a lot of games at Wembley, from cup semis & finals to the season Spurs played league games there but I've been to a lot better stadiums than Wembley to be honest. It's huge but it's acoustics are bad, fans are so far apart usually that it's hard to get an atmosphere going.

Was a bit easier to get songs going today because we only had one little corner so it wasn't so bad today. It was good to finally be back at a game and singing in a crowd, and the sun was shining so it was quite a nice day out. Shame none of my football friends qualified for tickets though so I was pretty much on my own [except for the new friends I made who let me share their uber when the tube line to Wembley got shut down].

Every time we lose one of these I tell myself it'll feel so much sweeter when we win one because of all the losses. I just hope I get to witness us win one before I die

« Prev1Next »

Copyright © 2024 - IAG Games Ltd. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Rules of game