ITSAGOAL.org - More than just a game
HomeManagerClubMatch daySquadTransfersLeagueCompetitionsStatisticsCommunityHelpShop

View forum thread

CREATE
Create your football club from the ground up and establish yourself as a football manager.
MANAGE
Manage every aspect of your football club from player transfers to squad training.
COMPETE
Go head to head with thousands of football managers from all over the world.
New General Discussions Forum
« Prev1Next »
19th Nov 22 8:21 PM
chyperhondriac
Posts 71
Scout question
I want to buy a player (midfielder to be precise) so want to send a scout out. However, I don't have a particular preference for best position - CMF, DMF, AMF, PMK, anything would do. I also can't get the scout to look for players above a certain rating as I don't mind having someone to train up a bit. Likewise age, foot, etc doesn't matter.

So if I just send them out looking for midfielders then will they find all (or most) midfielders on the market? Or is there a max number they'll find? And if so, if I send out two will they find the same players or different ones?

19th Nov 22 8:26 PM
andyoz
Posts 117
A very good question and one I have often wondered about. Never fully understood the ways the scouts work.

19th Nov 22 8:50 PM
roland68
Posts 812
My thoughts are:

Firstly, if you send out 2 (or more) scouts looking for the same thing, the second (or future) scout(s) will find nothing. They will also find nothing if you send them out looking for the same thing again and return while you still have players with those specifics in your players list.

Secondly, is there a maximum? I think so. Most I've seen is, maybe, 6 or 7. I don't know if this depends on your scouts level or attributes but if you just search for "midfielders" and nothing else, it's likely there are more than that for sale most of the time and I'm sure you never see all of them, unless there are very few anyway.

Suggestion: Be quite specific even if you don't want to be. For example, send each scout out looking for different things, maybe one looking for DMF, one for PM, one for CM. Then, next time, look for WNG, AMF, CrM. The next time you should be able to start the rotation again. Alternatively you can rotate on age, something else or two criteria. Depends on how many scouts you have, how specific you need to be.

19th Nov 22 9:08 PM
chyperhondriac
Posts 71
Quote:
Originally posted by roland68
My thoughts are:

Okay, interesting thanks. I'll try splitting by age and see what happens.

Follow up question then... If I sent a scout out for say 60+ players, and another for 30+ players, will that second one only find 30-60 players?

19th Nov 22 11:05 PM
roland68
Posts 812
Quote:
Originally posted by chyperhondriac
Okay, interesting thanks. I'll try splitting by age and see what happens.

Follow up question then... If I sent a scout out for say 60+ players, and another for 30+ players, will that second one only find 30-60 players?

I don't know. I haven't really tried this out or noticed what results you get if I have.

Logically, the possible outcomes are:
1) The 30+ scout returns first with some 30+ (30-60 only) players, then the 60+ scout returns some 60+ players
2) The 30+ scout returns first with some 30+ players but include a 60+ player, so 60+ scout returns nothing
3) The 60+ scout returns first with some 60+ players, then 30+ scout returns nothing
because you have already found players that are 30+
4) They both give you players with mixed ratings because they don't get restricted when searching for certain rated players..

Another IAG mystery. Maybe one you can find out about and share your results.

20th Nov 22 9:30 AM
andyoz
Posts 117
I like that idea of searching for more specific things to get additional results. Never tried that. Next time I'm desperate for a fullback I might give that a try!

21st Nov 22 11:02 AM
chyperhondriac
Posts 71
Well, my scouts are still out but I have found a couple of options so perhaps I won't need to investigate further right now - though once I've filled up my academy I might have a tinker.

4th Dec 22 8:15 PM
chyperhondriac
Posts 71
Here's an update... Sent some scouts out for a GK:
-Looking for age 16-21: Found three players, rated 53-82
-Looking for age 22-25: Found nothing
-Looking for age 26-29: Found nothing
-Looking for rating >30: Found nothing
-Looking for rating >60: Found one player, aged 23

All went out on the same day but I can't remember exactly what order I set them up in.

Make of that what you will!

6th Dec 22 10:09 PM
chyperhondriac
Posts 71
Quote:
Originally posted by chyperhondriac
Here's an update... Sent some scouts out for a GK:
-Looking for age 16-21: Found three players, rated 53-82
-Looking for age 22-25: Found nothing
-Looking for age 26-29: Found nothing
-Looking for rating >30: Found nothing
-Looking for rating >60: Found one player, aged 23

All went out on the same day but I can't remember exactly what order I set them up in.

Make of that what you will!

And I've just seen there are two keepers in Japan (45 and 70 ratings) who are finishing today, so definitely would have been on the market when my scouts were out. Maybe there's an element of luck/scout rating about it? Or something to do with the transfer market cycle - they don't show players from markets you'll see in the next few days anyway?

« Prev1Next »

Copyright © 2022 - IAG Games Ltd. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Rules of game