ITSAGOAL.org - More than just a game
HomeManagerClubMatch daySquadTransfersLeagueCompetitionsStatisticsCommunityHelpShop

View forum thread

CREATE
Create your football club from the ground up and establish yourself as a football manager.
MANAGE
Manage every aspect of your football club from player transfers to squad training.
COMPETE
Go head to head with thousands of football managers from all over the world.
Bugs & Site Issues
« Prev1Next »
29th Dec 15 8:14 PM
Gabek
Posts 2
Can't renew 19 year old's contract - Help!
Need a little help here!

I've got a 19 year old Defender who has 12 days remaining on his contract. I promoted him from Youth Academy and he only wanted 1 season extension, so I did that about 1 season ago.

Now he only has 12 days left on contract, I'm trying to extend his contract. When I click "Start Negotiations" on his contract, I get the following denial message: "Morimasa Fujii had his contract negotiated 44 days ago. All contracts must be in place for at least 1 season (56 days) before the board will consider renegotiation".

So, I am unable to extend his contract for at least another 12 days. But in 12 days his contract expires and he'll disappear! I really don't want to lose him!

29th Dec 15 8:16 PM
ozzymac
Posts 2,877
Quote:
Originally posted by Gabek
Need a little help here!

I've got a 19 year old Defender who has 12 days remaining on his contract. I promoted him from Youth Academy and he only wanted 1 season extension, so I did that about 1 season ago.

Now he only has 12 days left on contract, I'm trying to extend his contract. When I click "Start Negotiations" on his contract, I get the following denial message: "Morimasa Fujii had his contract negotiated 44 days ago. All contracts must be in place for at least 1 season (56 days) before the board will consider renegotiation".

So, I am unable to extend his contract for at least another 12 days. But in 12 days his contract expires and he'll disappear! I really don't want to lose him!

You'll be able to renegotiate his contract when he has 5 days remaining

29th Dec 15 8:28 PM
Muffin
Posts 211
It would make sense to change the message for players who are on a 1 season contract. It misleads and worries people unnecessarily.

29th Dec 15 8:29 PM
stripey
Posts 6,151
Quote:
Originally posted by Muffin
It would make sense to change the message for players who are on a 1 season contract. It misleads and worries people unnecessarily.

What would you suggest, Muffin?

29th Dec 15 8:33 PM
Muffin
Posts 211
Quote:
Originally posted by stripey

Ideally a message to say that negs will automatically begin with 5 days remaining, or in this case 7 days time.

29th Dec 15 8:35 PM
mitchell
Posts 481
Quote:
Originally posted by stripey

"Morimasa Fujii had his contract negotiated 44 days ago. All contracts must be in place for at least 1 season (56 days) before the board will consider renegotiation. If his contract is due to expire you will be able to begin negotiations with 5 days remaining, irrespective of the above consideration."

29th Dec 15 8:40 PM
Muffin
Posts 211
Maybe this should be for the improvements thread.

Since we have to wait to start negotiations until the 56 days is up, then it's easy to forget and miss it by a few days or even forget entirely. It would make sense to have an option that allows negs to be requested in advance and then get a message saying that negs have started.

29th Dec 15 8:44 PM
mitchell
Posts 481
You get a reminder with 5 days left though so shouldn't really forget I wouldn't have thought.

29th Dec 15 9:04 PM
Muffin
Posts 211
Quote:
Originally posted by mitchell
You get a reminder with 5 days left though so shouldn't really forget I wouldn't have thought.

My fault for not being clearer.

For instance, I buy a player on (say) a 3 season contract but ideally I want him to sign for 5 seasons or some other term I want to change. But I have to wait 56 days to offer him another contract, by which time I've forgotten ...

29th Dec 15 9:14 PM
stripey
Posts 6,151
Quote:
Originally posted by mitchell
"Morimasa Fujii had his contract negotiated 44 days ago. All contracts must be in place for at least 1 season (56 days) before the board will consider renegotiation. If his contract is due to expire you will be able to begin negotiations with 5 days remaining, irrespective of the above consideration."

Thanks, Mitchell. I'll suggest something on these lines to Ron.

29th Dec 15 11:37 PM
Gabek
Posts 2
Quote:
Originally posted by ozzymac
You'll be able to renegotiate his contract when he has 5 days remaining

Thanks for the help ozzymac and everyone else. My concerns are gone!

Agreed: If the error message indicated that I could begin negotiating within 5 days of expiry, that would ease the worry.

« Prev1Next »

Copyright © 2024 - IAG Games Ltd. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Rules of game