ITSAGOAL.org - More than just a game
HomeManagerClubMatch daySquadTransfersLeagueCompetitionsStatisticsCommunityHelpShop

View forum thread

CREATE
Create your football club from the ground up and establish yourself as a football manager.
MANAGE
Manage every aspect of your football club from player transfers to squad training.
COMPETE
Go head to head with thousands of football managers from all over the world.
Bugs & Site Issues
« Prev1Next »
6th Apr 16 11:52 AM
adam_w_17
Posts 9
Player coming to end of contract but cannot negotiate contract
I have a player who is getting on, but has not notified me he is going to retire at the end of the season/contract. He doesn't have a large amount of days left on his contract and his last contract was negotiated less than the minimum amount of time before I can negotiate again.

This means his contract will either expire and he will leave my club (to clarify, I do not want him to leave) or I sell him which I have listed him on the TM but only because I can't seemingly keep him. Is this a bug or something I overlooked when last negotiating his contract?

6th Apr 16 4:09 PM
mitchell
Posts 481
What do you call 'not long left on his contract'. If he was previously on a one year deal and he hasn't notified you of his retirement you would have to wait until he has just 5 days left.

7th Apr 16 12:50 PM
adam_w_17
Posts 9
I may have overlooked the date and made a quick error on sums, but from what quickly looked at, he had less than 20 days left on his contract, but when I attempted to negotiate his contract, the message came up and said you have negotiated his contract within the time (don't recall exactly how long) that you can, so therefore I must wait until 'x' time until I can negotiate again. I may have misinterpreted this, however my understanding of it what that I would have to wait until past the date at which his contract expired, therefore I listed him on the TM and have now received one bid (he is currently my top scorer ) so I guess I will never know now!

7th Apr 16 12:54 PM
adam28
Posts 1,666
Quote:
Originally posted by adam_w_17
I may have overlooked the date and made a quick error on sums, but from what quickly looked at, he had less than 20 days left on his contract, but when I attempted to negotiate his contract, the message came up and said you have negotiated his contract within the time (don't recall exactly how long) that you can, so therefore I must wait until 'x' time until I can negotiate again. I may have misinterpreted this, however my understanding of it what that I would have to wait until past the date at which his contract expired, therefore I listed him on the TM and have now received one bid (he is currently my top scorer ) so I guess I will never know now!
You would have been able to offer him a contract with 5 days left mate.

7th Apr 16 1:35 PM
Kejeas
Posts 725
Quote:
Originally posted by adam28
You would have been able to offer him a contract with 5 days left mate.

That's correct. If a player signed a 1 year (56 day) contract then you will be able to negotiate a new contract again when he has 5 days left remaining on it.

7th Apr 16 6:19 PM
adam_w_17
Posts 9
Thank you guys! Seems I acted too hastily but putting him on the TM, let's hope I get a good price for him or he doesn't get past negotiations with whoever has bid on him, he scored another two goals today

7th Apr 16 6:33 PM
camescu
Posts 167
I thought you.couldnt list a player once he announced his retirement plans.

7th Apr 16 6:49 PM
Kejeas
Posts 725
Quote:
Originally posted by camescu
I thought you.couldnt list a player once he announced his retirement plans.

I don't think he did. Adam panicked as it wouldn't let him open contract talks (as he was on a 1 year deal) and so he listed him rather than lose him for nothing.
He didn't realise he would be able to open talks once the contract was down to 5 days

7th Apr 16 6:52 PM
camescu
Posts 167
Quote:
Originally posted by Kejeas
I don't think he did. Adam panicked as it wouldn't let him open contract talks (as he was on a 1 year deal) and so he listed him rather than lose him for nothing.
He didn't realise he would be able to open talks once the contract was down to 5 days

Ah right. I misread it then. Best to luck keeping your player or getting the best price for him then Adam.

7th Apr 16 11:02 PM
adam_w_17
Posts 9
Quote:
Originally posted by camescu
Ah right. I misread it then. Best to luck keeping your player or getting the best price for him then Adam.

Thanks mate. I doubt I'll achieve a great price due to his age but someone will get a season or two and he's still improving. Not a bad buy for the price I listed.

And yes I listed because i didn't want to lose him for nothing. Live and learn!

« Prev1Next »

Copyright © 2024 - IAG Games Ltd. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Rules of game