ITSAGOAL.org - More than just a game
HomeManagerClubMatch daySquadTransfersLeagueCompetitionsStatisticsCommunityHelpShop

View forum thread

CREATE
Create your football club from the ground up and establish yourself as a football manager.
MANAGE
Manage every aspect of your football club from player transfers to squad training.
COMPETE
Go head to head with thousands of football managers from all over the world.
Bugs & Site Issues
« Prev12Next »
11th Feb 20 9:58 AM
Glosterra
Posts 16
Connection Confused
I can be happily IAGing using WiFi and then after say 30 mins to an hour I get connection refused error. I can reset tablet and reset router neither resolve the problem. Also this happens at different locations using different routers.

If I try using mobile data all is fine and I've never had the problem using mobile data, only WiFi.

This problem only affects IAG, other sites work fine.

The WiFi access problem resolves itself usually the best day. Eventually it returns though.

Anyone else get this or know of a solution?

Thanks GT

11th Feb 20 12:12 PM
FootballManager
Posts 295
Quote:
Originally posted by Glosterra
I can be happily IAGing using WiFi and then after say 30 mins to an hour I get connection refused error. I can reset tablet and reset router neither resolve the problem. Also this happens at different locations using different routers.

If I try using mobile data all is fine and I've never had the problem using mobile data, only WiFi.

This problem only affects IAG, other sites work fine.

The WiFi access problem resolves itself usually the best day. Eventually it returns though.

Anyone else get this or know of a solution?

Thanks GT

Hi GT,

Out of interest, if you use IAG on the same WiFi but using a PC / laptop instead, do you get the same issue or is it only occcuring when you access it on your mobile / tablet? Which mobile / tablet device do you have?

Thanks,

FM

11th Feb 20 2:26 PM
Glosterra
Posts 16
I've had the problem on a Samsung galaxy Tab A and a Tesco Hudl2 as well as a Samsung a10e phone. Yesterday when the problem arose on the hudl I tried on the phone and it had the same problem - connection refused -but then I turned WiFi off on the phone and it worked fine with mobile data on the phone. I then tried turning WiFi back on the phone and the problem came back.

So the problem is linked to a) WIFI and b) IAG site. Although it could be linked to how many transactions I push through IAG and have never reached that limit on mobile data.

But this is only a problem with the IAG site and I don't recall having it until last year.

11th Feb 20 2:27 PM
Glosterra
Posts 16
Quote:
Originally posted by FootballManager
Hi GT,

Out of interest, if you use IAG on the same WiFi but using a PC / laptop instead, do you get the same issue or is it only occcuring when you access it on your mobile / tablet? Which mobile / tablet device do you have?

Thanks,

FM

I don't have a PC or laptop.

11th Feb 20 3:04 PM
FootballManager
Posts 295
Quote:
I've had the problem on a Samsung galaxy Tab A and a Tesco Hudl2 as well as a Samsung a10e phone. Yesterday when the problem arose on the hudl I tried on the phone and it had the same problem - connection refused -but then I turned WiFi off on the phone and it worked fine with mobile data on the phone. I then tried turning WiFi back on the phone and the problem came back.

So the problem is linked to a) WIFI and b) IAG site. Although it could be linked to how many transactions I push through IAG and have never reached that limit on mobile data.

But this is only a problem with the IAG site and I don't recall having it until last year.

Thanks GT, do you know if the WiFi networks you?re accessing have any kind of web filter? I appreciate you say it does work then stops working but I?m wondering if it?s tripping some kind of web filter that?s stopping it working that then resets overnight...

I often find that if I use IAG on my iPhone on WiFi it?s slow to complete the log in process and navigate between some pages but on mobile data it?s fine.

11th Feb 20 10:13 PM
Glosterra_2nd
Posts 18
Problem has occurred on both virgin media and talk talk and I'm not aware of web filtering active on either.

12th Feb 20 8:53 AM
FootballManager
Posts 295
Quote:
Originally posted by Glosterra_2nd
Problem has occurred on both virgin media and talk talk and I'm not aware of web filtering active on either.

Are you able to try this on someone elses laptop or PC on the virgin or talk talk WiFi? I appreciate you said you don't have one...so if you're able to borrow someone elses to test that would be great!

12th Feb 20 9:23 AM
Glosterra
Posts 16
Quote:
Are you able to try this on someone elses laptop or PC on the virgin or talk talk WiFi? I appreciate you said you don't have one...so if you're able to borrow someone elses to test that would be great!

Going back a few years I use to use a laptop and this never happened. If I could borrow one, not that I know of someone, it could be weeks before the problem manifested itself.

I posted this to see if anyone else was experiencing the problem or new of a resolution. I've had the problem recently and then whilst abroad in October and I think once or twice last year at home. My work around is to use mobile data if nobody has a better solution.

12th Feb 20 9:26 AM
roland68
Posts 978
Quote:

I used to encounter a similar problem and found out that my IP address was being blocked by IAG because it sensed too many requests from my device. It would then reset itself after a number of hours.. This sounds similar because when you use your mobile data it switches to a new IP which isn't blocked... As a quick workaround I used mobile data or a VPN, giving me a new IP address, each time I got blocked.

You said that it could be linked to how many transactions you pushed through IAG, what are you doing to create so many transactions, ? Also take note of what it is you're doing each time this problem occurs.

I ask because I discovered it was something (entirely innocent) I was doing that was creating a flurry of activity to the site from my device causing IAG to block my IP address..

12th Feb 20 1:28 PM
FootballManager
Posts 295
Quote:
Going back a few years I use to use a laptop and this never happened. If I could borrow one, not that I know of someone, it could be weeks before the problem manifested itself.

I posted this to see if anyone else was experiencing the problem or new of a resolution. I've had the problem recently and then whilst abroad in October and I think once or twice last year at home. My work around is to use mobile data if nobody has a better solution.

Sorry, GT...was only asking just to try and ascertain what may be causing the issue...

12th Feb 20 8:56 PM
Glosterra_2nd
Posts 18
Quote:
Sorry, GT...was only asking just to try and ascertain what may be causing the issue...

Hey don't be sorry, I appreciate that you are trying to help

12th Feb 20 9:03 PM
Glosterra_2nd
Posts 18
Quote:
Originally posted by roland68
I used to encounter a similar problem and found out that my IP address was being blocked by IAG because it sensed too many requests from my device. It would then reset itself after a number of hours.. This sounds similar because when you use your mobile data it switches to a new IP which isn't blocked... As a quick workaround I used mobile data or a VPN, giving me a new IP address, each time I got blocked.

You said that it could be linked to how many transactions you pushed through IAG, what are you doing to create so many transactions, ? Also take note of what it is you're doing each time this problem occurs.

I ask because I discovered it was something (entirely innocent) I was doing that was creating a flurry of activity to the site from my device causing IAG to block my IP address..

This does sound like the same problem.

Given I can remember having the problem mid to late October I'm thinking that the problem for me is arising aound the end of season as I generate a lot of traffic by looking at all the players on the transfer market and at that time you can see all the worlds.

13th Feb 20 6:49 PM
roland68
Posts 978
Quote:
Originally posted by Glosterra_2nd
This does sound like the same problem.

Given I can remember having the problem mid to late October I'm thinking that the problem for me is arising aound the end of season as I generate a lot of traffic by looking at all the players on the transfer market and at that time you can see all the worlds.

Do you by any chance make lists of those players in some way using some document / note app on your phone / pad ?

15th Feb 20 10:19 AM
Glosterra
Posts 16
No. Although many years ago I use to have an IAG spreadsheet tracking buying and selling values, birthdays, sell-ons, etc but decided life is too short for such things

15th Feb 20 7:12 PM
KevinHann
Posts 678
Quote:
No. Although many years ago I use to have an IAG spreadsheet tracking buying and selling values, birthdays, sell-ons, etc but decided life is too short for such things

Brother, thou art smarter than me

16th Feb 20 11:28 AM
roland68
Posts 978
Quote:

GT,
Fair enough, I asked because what caused this problem for me was copying data from an IAG page and pasting into an Office document. I usually copy the League table and a couple of other screens at the end of each season. Fields where there is a hypertext link, such as team names or player names, store the website link in the document and, for whatever reason, keep sending requests to the page link.The IAG site doesn't like this.

If you want to find more details them next time it happens make a note of the time and let an admin know.. I think it was Topgun2 who told me some details that showed in their server logs about why I was getting blocked.. From that I then did some searching online and eventually figured out what was happening. You may be able to figure out what's causing it for you too..

2nd Sep 20 11:59 PM
Glosterra
Posts 16
Although i went a while without this problem it is back again now. Connection refused on wifi but ok on mobile data. Had it for a few days.

3rd Sep 20 8:57 AM
Stan
Posts 36
Hi GT, I believe I had the same problem myself a couple of months ago. All my devices could load every website apart from IAG when connected to WiFi, but could connect to IAG whilst using mobile data.

I searched the internet and tried various techniques, spending a lot of time messing around with the settings in the process, and still nothing.

Then by magic, one morning IAG loaded using WiFi and everything has been fine since (touch wood)

If I recall correctly it took about 3 or 4 days to work again.

As mentioned above, I think the most likely thing is that your connection will be temporarily blocked by IAG

I think your best bet is using mobile data for the time being, don't worry with messing with any settings and hopefully it will return in the next day or two.

3rd Sep 20 1:02 PM
roland68
Posts 978
Using a VPN is another way to get around the problem temporarily, until it's back to normal.

4th Sep 20 7:01 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,330
Hmmm... I've had problems with wi-fi on this site all day. (Other sites have been fine)

Had to hook my phone up to my laptop with mobile data.

Hmmm...

« Prev12Next »

Copyright © 2024 - IAG Games Ltd. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Rules of game