ITSAGOAL.org - More than just a game
HomeManagerClubMatch daySquadTransfersLeagueCompetitionsStatisticsCommunityHelpShop

View forum thread

CREATE
Create your football club from the ground up and establish yourself as a football manager.
MANAGE
Manage every aspect of your football club from player transfers to squad training.
COMPETE
Go head to head with thousands of football managers from all over the world.
Off Topic
« Prev12Next »
7th Jan 23 6:58 PM
TopGun2
Posts 540
Mafia Game - Day 4
Well folks, it's been a very turbulent night in town and it came to a sad end for Hoopie, who was the Robber when he died.

That leaves 2 core mafia, 1 wife and 1 townie so even if the wife and townie vote together it's still a stalemate so I declare that the game is over. MAFIA WINS!

Up until Hoopie's death there was also a fair chance of the core mafia not even voting together since they were working to different objectives during the previous day/night phase but Hoopie's death puts that to bed.

No doubt that last paragraph needs some explaining, as will a lot of the game, so here's a quick rundown on how this game went down...

7th Jan 23 7:31 PM
TopGun2
Posts 540
Your starting lineup and actions were as follows:

Stripey: Mob Wife. Only figured out who the starting mafia were once Wilson died, by which time the Godfather had changed anyway so Stripey never knew who his hubby was and was therefore never really a trustworthy evil vote. What most people didn't realise was that as part of the mafia team, the Wife could use the mafia team ability to submit a night kill. This is why the wording was in the rules about what happens if there is any conflict amongst the mafia over the night kill. Generally Stripey didn't submit a kill action though but did so on Night 3, a choice that could have had a big bearing on the game, more on that later.

BlueBoar: Vanilla. Did his best to suss things out but ultimately got drawn towards the dark side and fell on the wrong side of the Wilson LoveLee debate.

pleasantsurprise: Boxer - picked the godfather on night 1, thus blocking the godfather's ability to evade the cop (but not the mafia's ability to kill). Then got murdered that same night so couldn't share what he'd done. This is one of the role misunderstandings I mentioned, people seemed to write-off the boxer's power because it didn't stop the kill but what it actually did was reveal your godfather on night 1.

Euro: Vanilla. Did vote on the Godfather on day 2 but sadly more people voted on him instead.

Hoopie: Started as Godfather, got Robbed on Night 2 so became the robber for Day 3. Got killed by the person that robbed him during Night 3 so was too dead to steal back his position at the head of the family. Many shenanigans around this, see below. Hoopie's surprise and confusion about Wilson's mafia result on him was genuine, he initially had no clue how Wilson got that result because he was godfather.

LoveLee: Starting Lawyer, protected themselves night 1 for Day 2 when Hoopie, the GF, was nearly lynched so had to pull the fake cop claim to get Hoopie out of harm's way. Then protected Hoopie the night Hoopie was robbed so Hoopie was safe on Day 3. Night 3 protected himself again rather than his new Godfather for, reasons. LoveLee did all of the mafia kills on PS night 1, BB Night 2 and then Hoopie Night 3 - which might come as a surprise to LoveLee, who submitted a different action to that!!

Wilson23: Town Cop, investigated the Godfather on night 1 and thanks to PS' boxer ability Wilson saw the Godfather as Mafia right at the start and couldn't get anyone to lynch him. Then picked the other core mafia member on night 2 and got a mafia result on LoveLee as well. That was always going to be a tough ask to get people to believe it so WIlson tried some things to throw some chaos between the mafia and the wife but it didn't come off and he got lynched.

Uxua: Town Doctor who protected mafia every single night Started by protecting the lawyer, then the godfather, and then the new godfather!

Jamesimp: Robber, tried to steal PS' role on night 1 but failed due to PS being dead. Then robbed Hoopie of the GF role on night 2 so finished the game as the godfather with his choice of kill last night settling the disputed kill submissions from the other two mob members and naming LoveLee to take out the old GF, Hoopie. My comment about the robber being used to handle inactive players meant that if there were any, I'd force the robber to steal from an inactive to swap their role in and ditch the robber.

Lastly, going waaay back, you all tried to meta the storyteller by assuming I made the last person to speak into the robber so you thought MrBlock would be the robber. Not sure how I could have known he would be the last person to post in the thread, he was actually one of the first to confirm by PM their attendance. However, I was never putting the robber to anyone that might be inactive, it was the best role in the game. Of course, MrBlock was actually the medium and you killed your most important role on day 1 because he voted for himself and because everybody sat back and chose not to tie the vote.

Lastly, mafia shenanigans, infighting and backstabbing. So Hoopie and LoveLee formed quite a bond as the evil team and wanted to win together so when it became clear there was a high chance one of them would be robbed on night 2 they hatched a plan to win together. Important to note here that if the mafia members changed then there was a new mafia thread so the new mafia member wouldn't see the old discussions. LoveLee and Hoopie agreed that whichever one was NOT robbed would put the name of the robber into their first post of the day so that the new robber would know who to rob back from the next night. From that point onwards the mafia was fighting against itself, as well as the town. There were virtually no posts in the second mafia thread because the team didn't trust each other.

They kinda agreed a night kill for last night, to kill Hoopie, the ex Godfather but LoveLee had other ideas. He steered it so that he would submit the kill and then submitted a kill for Uxua instead of Hoopie without telling his godfather with the aim of making the game last an extra day so that Hoopies thieving last night would work.

Sadly there were a couple of problems with that plan. Firstly James saw it coming so he submitted a kill as well, sending LoveLee to kill Hoopie. This wasn't what I had in mind when I put the mafia dispute bit in the rules but I'm glad I did. Secondly, even if LoveLee had succeeded in killing Uxua, the score would have been 2-1-1 but with no townies alive so I would have ended the game anyway before Hoopie's rob action went through. The only way LoveLee could have extended the game into the new day would have been by killing himself. Third problem for LoveLee there was that the Wife submitted a kill action on night 3 as well so even if James hadn't then there would still have been a disputed choice and the godfather's wish would have been carried out - i.e. as was agreed on the mafia forum to kill Hoopie. As it happened the Wife's kill was also to kill Uxua but for Wife to do it rather than Lawyer so would have been a disputed kill.

So, yeah, a hell of a lot more going on there than any of you realised but mostly bits around how the wife role worked, what the boxer really could achieve and some intricacies caused by the medium's existence (namely it being important which mafia member did the kills & votes) added a bunch of layers to the game. Of course when I mentioned confusion with roles, you all went and looked at the living roles, you didn't re-examine the dead roles to see what you might have missed.

Was fun game to run, hope you all enjoyed playing, even if you were confused for most of it!

7th Jan 23 7:33 PM
TopGun2
Posts 540
Evil threads can both be found here:

http://pub11.bravenet.com/forum/877585556/

passwords needed to access them are:

Thread 1: Ev1l0nly

Thread 2: 123Maf!a

7th Jan 23 7:40 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,046
Cheers TG. Was fun to watch as an 'outsider' from Day 2 onwards.

7th Jan 23 7:45 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,046
I have to say that I didn't 'block' Hoopie on N1 because I thought he was the Godfather. ( didn't realise this 'blocking special ability thing... )

No, I blocked him because I thought he was the Robber and I thought having a robbery so early in the game would cause too much confusion for the Town.

7th Jan 23 7:46 PM
TopGun2
Posts 540
It's just a shame that the town gave up too early, for a while the town had decided they had lost while the mafia was actively trying to not win

7th Jan 23 7:56 PM
Hoopie
Posts 191
Thanks TG, was a lot of fun

Thanks LoveLee for trying with the plan, but well played James for foiling the plan.

I enjoyed the banana challenge!

7th Jan 23 7:59 PM
BlueBoar
Posts 104
Hey TG2, thanks for a great game...

It was good seeing it unfold & I'll be ready for the next one, lol.

I thought this one would be complex, but it exceeded even my expectation. If/when there is another one, it should be just like this!

7th Jan 23 8:06 PM
TopGun2
Posts 540
Quote:
Originally posted by BlueBoar
Hey TG2, thanks for a great game...

It was good seeing it unfold & I'll be ready for the next one, lol.

I thought this one would be complex, but it exceeded even my expectation. If/when there is another one, it should be just like this!

I do have a bunch of other roles like these ones but it can be tricky to make them work in a forum setting.

If people want, I have another game (called Blood on the Clocktower) that works in the same way but which needs live voice conversation. I can get a game of that going via Discord but we'd have to all be available at the same time for a couple of hours.

7th Jan 23 8:13 PM
LoveLee
Posts 4
Wow! I enjoyed the summary more than the win. Although, you didn't include the banana thing in your summary. LOL

Thanks TG, for running the best Mafia game ever. I and Hoopie's plan failed when we had Wilson23 lynched. I was expecting him to try to get a draw. But James's cautiousness made the difference. He was too clever. Well played.

Well played everyone! Sorry Wilson23, I imagined how you would feel when I first claimed your role.

Goodnight everyone, looking forward to the next game!

7th Jan 23 8:21 PM
wilson23
Posts 126
Well played mafia!

Cheers TG, enjoyed that!

7th Jan 23 8:28 PM
BlueBoar
Posts 104
Quote:
Originally posted by TopGun2
I do have a bunch of other roles like these ones but it can be tricky to make them work in a forum setting.

If people want, I have another game (called Blood on the Clocktower) that works in the same way but which needs live voice conversation. I can get a game of that going via Discord but we'd have to all be available at the same time for a couple of hours.

That sounds interesting but getting a decent group together could be problematic, especially if they come from different timezones. I have discord, so could do it with a decent briefing pre-game.

7th Jan 23 9:59 PM
stripey
Posts 5,694
Great game, TG, thanks! I failed to understand the Boxer role sufficiently, so didn't see the implication for the GF being investigated.

It was quite tricky playing the wife, and weirdly lonely as well, being a Mafia player with no forum access. I did drop a nice big breadcrumb - not sure if anyone spotted it.

Reading the Mafia thread, I agree with Hoopie that I didn't want some sneaky Robber breaking up the team (sorry, James - and you played your part well), but it was virtually impossible to avoid that with the robber always most likely to try to rob the GF.

7th Jan 23 9:59 PM
stripey
Posts 5,694
Quote:
Originally posted by BlueBoar
That sounds interesting but getting a decent group together could be problematic, especially if they come from different timezones. I have discord, so could do it with a decent briefing pre-game.
Good idea but I'd find that hard to fit in.

7th Jan 23 10:04 PM
Hoopie
Posts 191
Quote:
Originally posted by stripey
Good idea but I'd find that hard to fit in.

Agreed, I wouldn?t be able to do that

7th Jan 23 10:06 PM
Hoopie
Posts 191
Quote:
Originally posted by stripey
Great game, TG, thanks! I failed to understand the Boxer role sufficiently, so didn't see the implication for the GF being investigated.

It was quite tricky playing the wife, and weirdly lonely as well, being a Mafia player with no forum access. I did drop a nice big breadcrumb - not sure if anyone spotted it.

Reading the Mafia thread, I agree with Hoopie that I didn't want some sneaky Robber breaking up the team (sorry, James - and you played your part well), but it was virtually impossible to avoid that with the robber always most likely to try to rob the GF.

Wife+Stripey=Wifey

I hoped you only may have spotted that, or less likely LoveLee? but was always a long shot

7th Jan 23 10:07 PM
Hoopie
Posts 191
I did quiz TG on whether Hoops and Stripes being married was a fashion joke, but he denied it

7th Jan 23 10:08 PM
Hoopie
Posts 191
Quote:
Originally posted by wilson23
Well played mafia!

Cheers TG, enjoyed that!

Sorry Wilson it felt like we bullied you during all that, but I guessed you understood

7th Jan 23 10:19 PM
stripey
Posts 5,694
Quote:
Originally posted by Hoopie
I did quiz TG on whether Hoops and Stripes being married was a fashion joke, but he denied it
Busted!

7th Jan 23 11:10 PM
wilson23
Posts 126
Quote:
Originally posted by Hoopie
Sorry Wilson it felt like we bullied you during all that, but I guessed you understood
Haha that's the game. I would never have worked out that you'd been boxed on night 1 if we'd played all year, I was absolutely adamant you were the wife.

I was one of those that misunderstood that the wife didn't know who her husband was, (until TG pointed out misunderstanding of the roles on day 3) if I'd realised that I wouldn't have given up before the end of day 2 and would've tied the votes so was kicking myself for that.

Day 3 I had no idea how best to play it... I was trying to make myself appear bad to baddies and good to goodies... in the end I did the opposite

« Prev12Next »

Copyright © 2023 - IAG Games Ltd. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Rules of game