ITSAGOAL.org - More than just a game
HomeManagerClubMatch daySquadTransfersLeagueCompetitionsStatisticsCommunityHelpShop

View forum thread

CREATE
Create your football club from the ground up and establish yourself as a football manager.
MANAGE
Manage every aspect of your football club from player transfers to squad training.
COMPETE
Go head to head with thousands of football managers from all over the world.
Helpful Information
18th May 16 10:14 AM
Smiler
Posts 123
Quote:
Originally posted by ozzymac
What is not correct?

Read the posts above where I have been told that the was not to help with inflation. All this has left me with the feeling you haven't a clue about what it means and certainly have not addressed a really bad problem.

18th May 16 10:18 AM
Smiler
Posts 123
Quote:
Originally posted by ozzymac
Except the TM is changing as well, together along with the YA they will make a difference.

As i mentioned earlier, look at all the proposals as a package and you may be able to see how they complement each other.

The TM changes are just a process (cosmetic)and the fact that others from other worlds are still going to be biding on players is not encouraging.

What is a problem is the inflations and not being able to get players without killing your club. This has not been sorted and we at still at the mercy of the TM.

18th May 16 10:23 AM
PH3NIX
Posts 212
Quote:
Originally posted by Smiler
When I am told things that are not correct. It makes me have a huge mistrust of anything said from there on in.
Well that pretty much does it for me if a manager of your experience and length of time in the game thinks that some of us are purposely leading managers astray there really is no point in me taking part in discussions any more.

You really dont get what we were trying to achieve, i for one wasnt keen to take part.But in the end felt that my point of view was different from many others and instead of just moaning maybe i could try and help this game move forward.

Clearly a waste of time on my part as it seems some just arnt prepared to try and give the TOTAL package a go.

I look forward to the changes going ahead in time and hope they work as intended.

18th May 16 10:26 AM
Smiler
Posts 123
Don't get why you have even put this for discussion then. It seems you are saying this is it.

18th May 16 10:28 AM
mitchell
Posts 481
Ozzy gave a very good run down of what is addressing inflation. Increased supply from multiple sources, lower demand, the natural slowdown that is already taken place. Agents and youth taking money out of the game. The one thing that has been helped by virtually every change is inflation. I baffled as to how you can't see that increased supply and ways to remove money from the economy doesn't slow inflation?

18th May 16 10:35 AM
Carax
Posts 626
When it comes to inflation on the TM several suggestions target this problem. The YA is probably the most important factor. I don't think the PA will be used by everyone.

The prices are to be set higher than the TM, but at what level we just have to see.

Ron has said that tuning will be done if things don't work out well. Like I wrote, many changes are being implemented and inflation can be countered if it is a problem after the changes are implemented.

Why not wait and see how it works out, and ask for tuning if it doesn't work out well?

18th May 16 10:40 AM
Smiler
Posts 123
Don't bother putting stuff up for discussion when all you are going to say is this is it. Total waste of time.

18th May 16 10:50 AM
Carax
Posts 626
OK, come up with what you think is wrong with this feature. Or why it should not be there. Which would be a positive way to discuss this.

Then it is possible to discuss it.

18th May 16 10:52 AM
donnymayhem
Posts 14
If it's a total waste of time then how about you just shut up and leave? You're not being constructive, you're not helping, you're not making any propositions to address the problems, you're just [Mod edit: No implied swearing please] on the work that people have tried to put together to address the issues you keep whining about.

Whining, I might mention, about a game that is provided to you FOR FREE by people who work effectively in their spare time.

Some people need to learn a little bit of respect and grow up.

18th May 16 11:02 AM
Smiler
Posts 123
Quote:
Originally posted by donnymayhem
If it's a total waste of time then how about you just shut up and leave? You're not being constructive, you're not helping, you're not making any propositions to address the problems, you're just [Mod Edit: No implied swearing please] on the work that people have tried to put together to address the issues you keep whining about.

Whining, I might mention, about a game that is provided to you FOR FREE by people who work effectively in their spare time.

Some people need to learn a little bit of respect and grow up.

I put A LOT OF effort into making suggestions while this was going on. If I hadn't then yes I would not have the right to be critical but I did! I also have subscribed all of my accounts all the time while playing this game.

And I am flipping disappointed with this section of the result.

18th May 16 11:04 AM
simondo68
Posts 23
At least there are attempts being made to improve the game, this at a time when player numbers is extremely low, I am grateful that there are people prepared to put effort in for others to enjoy a free game. I am looking forward to having the chance to improve my squad with decent players, it is proving very difficult to do so on the current transfer market, I am also noticing with some players I have bought that they appear to be red barring far earlier than there preview would suggest.

Thanks for the efforts

18th May 16 11:07 AM
Okgillette
Posts 18
Perhaps this will help you as it helped me Smiler.

Quote:
Originally posted by RonManager

Just giving you the chance to comment ... and your comments are welcome.

At this point I'm looking for opinions and concerns around the proposals..... Things that we havn't considered. I've tried to answer your concerns, but perhaps not making myself clear.

We all have an opinion, but I don't have time to get into a detailed debate over every point. If it helps, but you haven't raised anything that has not been considered. I could also argue this for days, but I sense that wouldn't be productive. Sometimes you have to agree to disagree.

So thanks for taking the time to comment.
I'm not going to agree with everyone, that's not possible, but I appreciate your input.

So lets all remember, this is about improving IAG, we are on the same side after all. Please try and keep the debate on track rather than making derogatory comments.

Thanks,
Ron

Just remember everything you have been saying has apparently been said before so don't waste your breath oh but please share your opinions...

18th May 16 11:17 AM
mitchell
Posts 481
Quote:

And I am flipping disappointed with this section of the result.

This area is an ADDITIONAL source of players. If it doesn't appeal to you, don't use it. There are also changes to youth academy, the transfer market etc. Don't look at just one area that doesn't immediately excite you and immediately flip your lid, look at the total package. Some will love the youth proposals and focus their recruitment strategy there, some might like the transfer market proposals and target that, others might use the player agents. This is simply another choice and another place to recruit as well as being a tool to remove money from the economy. Nobody is saying you HAVE to buy players from agents.

18th May 16 11:53 AM
dmcc1
Posts 12
From what I can see of the proposals -

I can now get the fair/good players from PA rather than from the TM. This is good news, even if the prices are high I am guaranteed the players have (or can attain) a certain skill level. Often the players on the TM at the middle to lower end of the market cost far more than they should and turn out worse than expected from FA's. And thats if I can actually get them. PA's will help with this.

I can get great players from the YA. As long as the youths accepting a contract is set at a very high rate this will give managers a chance at some superstars at best and at worst decent middle range players who can be kept or sold to teams at a lower level. My only worry is just how many youths will accept a contract.

Both will take money out of the game while at the same time giving managers at all levels a chance to get the players they need. How can this be bad?

The only problem I see is that if too much money is taken out of the game it might be too difficult to make enough money to cover expenses and that could lead to new managers not staying around. I don't see how this is making the game easier, just giving more choice requiring more decisions to be made.

18th May 16 12:13 PM
donnymayhem
Posts 14
I think they've got you covered there. As stated in the finances thread, the intent is to monitor the game's economy and determine when and where changes need to be made to ensure inflation is controlled.

Personally I can't wait for the changes to be implemented. I love trying out new things and I'm sure with feedback and testing by players that we'll be able to get things tweaked and working like a well-oiled machine.

18th May 16 12:55 PM
Jija
Posts 72
@donnymayhem, I find your posts in reaction to Smiler offensive and not helpful. This is supposed to be a discussion, and Smiler is putting in an opinion. You don't have to agree with Smiler, but don't attack her like this. And comments about this being a FREE game and you should be thankful are, quite frankly, ridiculous. Ron has posted these proposed changes for discussion in the open forum, and that's what we're doing.

18th May 16 1:00 PM
RonManager
Posts 62
@smiler.

Here is some of the logic behind the inflation reduction statement.
(As many have posted.)

1 ) There are more players ( of a reasonable quality ) available.
The effect of that will be to reduce inflation, but not on its own.

2 ) The price of the PA players is set by the system, that will have the effect of capping the price of a player in the TM on the basis you wont buy from the TM if the price is too high because you can buy from the PA instead.

3) The money played for the player goes out of the game... not to another manager to spend. Less money in the game reduces inflation.

4) YA quality and control. Managers are better able to produce better quality youth. So again, more players of better quality drives down inflation.

5) A more transparent TM, able to see bidding, able to bid on the whole market will help managers get the player they want at a lower price. The sales tax, takes money out of the game. So again this speaks to supply and demand and to reducing the economy.

6) Other financial tuning, changes to player contracts/YA/TM.

So there are 6 factors which taken TOGETHER will we think help address the issue.

You have asked for the reasoning behind this, and hopefully you can see why we feel this s the way to go. So now its your turn. You have made a lot of comments in this thread, but none of them actually suggest a way forward, they pretty much say "this is not enough", or "it wont work". That's fine, but it doesn't help move the debate forward....

If you can clarify why it wont work, or suggest an alternative then please do.

Ron

18th May 16 1:01 PM
Jija
Posts 72
I have to agree with Smiler on the point about inflation...

Quote:
Inflation occurs when supply does not meet demand!
It is not...

Quote:
Originally posted by mitchell
Inflation occurs when more money comes into the game than goes out.
Just taking money out of the game in different ways will not necessarily reduce inflation. Some managers will always pay more for the players they believe that they need, unless there are more players at that level.

[EDIT: We posted at the same time, Ron. I'm just not convinced that using other levers to take money out of the game will have the effect you anticipate on inflation in the TM. I'm happy to wait and see. I'm just giving my opinion.]

18th May 16 1:06 PM
RonManager
Posts 62
A note to you ALL.

Please try to keep the conversation in a good place.
Don't get personal and respect each other.
Otherwise this becomes a futile slanging match which I will close.

Everyone one has a voice and that is cool, likewise please make your comments constructive where ever possible. Moaning for the sake of it doesn't help us improve IAG, you need to explain your opinion and/or offer alternatives.

Happy to hear if you don't agree, but you need to offer more than that if you are to influence the changes.

Thanks

Ron

18th May 16 1:14 PM
donnymayhem
Posts 14
Quote:
Originally posted by Jija
@donnymayhem, I find your posts in reaction to Smiler offensive and not helpful. This is supposed to be a discussion, and Smiler is putting in an opinion. You don't have to agree with Smiler, but don't attack her like this. And comments about this being a FREE game and you should be thankful are, quite frankly, ridiculous. Ron has posted these proposed changes for discussion in the open forum, and that's what we're doing.

It's nice that you are offended. Allow me to quote the very first two posts by Smiler in this thread:

I don't think this is enough and does not look good. Really disappointed and such an important part of the game.

It has achieved very little in regards with reducing inflation and as for new users catching up using it lol. With what money?

This was so important to get right and it has done nothing.

As you can see, this is not constructive, and it degenerates from here by continuing to do nothing but tear others down and complain, complain, complain. In the end I had enough of the whining and stooped to speak to Smiler on their own level. You say this is 'a discussion' and that Smiler is 'putting in an opinion'. An opinion that is not backed up by constructive feedback is not an opinion worth listening to. How does it help anything? It helps nothing. All it does is stir up trouble and make people angry.

Now, you are offended by my post? That's nice. People are far too easily offended these days, but apparently telling people to 'harden up' is mean and offensive. Please observe the restraint I am displaying by avoiding expressing my true feelings on this in order to avoid allowing this discussion to degenerate further than it already has, thanks to the repetitive negative and unconstructive comments that have been presented by a few individuals who are unwilling to make an actual contribution to the betterment of this game. Which is - I say again - provided to people for free REGARDLESS of donations made by premium users, and maintained and developed FOR FREE by people who are doing it to try and make this little corner of the internet a better place.

Ron - Thank you for giving us the opportunity to contribute and discuss the proposed changes. I hope the tone lifts and I apologise for my negativity. I can't tolerate people who do nothing but whine and my response on here is precisely what my response would have been if this discussion was occurring in the real world.

Copyright © 2024 - IAG Games Ltd. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Rules of game