ITSAGOAL.org - More than just a game
HomeManagerClubMatch daySquadTransfersLeagueCompetitionsStatisticsCommunityHelpShop

View forum thread

CREATE
Create your football club from the ground up and establish yourself as a football manager.
MANAGE
Manage every aspect of your football club from player transfers to squad training.
COMPETE
Go head to head with thousands of football managers from all over the world.
Transfer Forum
« Prev1Next »
15th Apr 24 12:36 PM
Firesilver
Posts 983
Young, high 50s/low 60s player available
I don't often post here but given that it's time for a clearout of my reserve squad to make space for my youth academy group that are all coming through in the next few seasons, I thought I would give it a go.

The players that I'm willing to let go are effectively maxed out- most of them have no or few red bars but you're not going to get any improvement out of them unless you're a top 40 club (and they wouldn't want these guys anyway).

Rambe (57) both footed fullback aged 22, purchased as a stop-gap when I was lacking fullback cover, now surplus to requirements. Will accept a 5 year contract on 5,200 per day if you negotiate with him the correct way.

Prentice (61) right footed fullback aged 26, one of my first ever purchases and now also sadly no longer required as he's fallen to 4th in the fullback pecking order. Purchased for 6.4M but I'm willing to let him move on to find first-team football for less than that.

Cunha (56) right footed AMF aged 21, a youth academy graduate from the earlier stages of my time with the club. Will accept a 5 year contract on 5,400 per day if you know what you're doing.

Bonilla (56) right footed CRM aged 26, another of my early buys that has also dropped down the pecking order and is sadly surplus to requirements. Will, also accept 5 year contract on 5,400 per day if you know how to negotiate properly.

Finally Aoki (57) left footed striker aged 24, another youth academy promotee who has a fantastic goalscoring record for his rating against better quality defences. A few seasons ago he actually got onto the Brazil Serie A top scorers list and was by far the lowest rated player on it. Punches well over his weight and will easily power a run from Division 5 to Division 1 if that's what you're doing.

All these players can be listed during the mid season transfer window for the region of 4-5M if you PM me your interest. Otherwise I will just pick two to list.

18th Apr 24 12:05 PM
Firesilver
Posts 983
I have listed Prentice at 4M and have possibly underestimated his value as he already has 5 bids. As a result, the remaining players on the list may be a tad bit more expensive!

18th Apr 24 3:28 PM
Hollie
Posts 6
Hi Firesilver, can I ask what do you mean negotiate with him the correct way

18th Apr 24 7:31 PM
Firesilver
Posts 983
There is a way to dramatically reduce a player?s daily wage demands but it requires use of a certain contract clause and regularly reviewing the contract. If you buy a player I might even share the trick with you

19th Apr 24 1:34 PM
Hollie
Posts 6
I might have to then as I was looking at the contracts page and the only thing I can think of is the season wage rise. Surely that can't work either as the new wage will come into force before you can negotiate again?

19th Apr 24 2:59 PM
chyperhondriac
Posts 281
Quote:
Originally posted by Hollie
I might have to then as I was looking at the contracts page and the only thing I can think of is the season wage rise. Surely that can't work either as the new wage will come into force before you can negotiate again?

It seems like IAG footballers really believe they will get the season 4 and 5 wages their contracts state, and don't mind being short changed in the meantime...and never learn even if it happens every season

19th Apr 24 5:39 PM
stripey
Posts 6,152
Quote:
Originally posted by Firesilver
There is a way to dramatically reduce a player?s daily wage demands but it requires use of a certain contract clause and regularly reviewing the contract. If you buy a player I might even share the trick with you
It's a strategy that requires meticulous note-keeping!

19th Apr 24 9:02 PM
Firesilver
Posts 983
Quote:
Originally posted by stripey
It's a strategy that requires meticulous note-keeping!

Not at all. You do need to pay careful attention to your messages though.

20th Apr 24 12:01 PM
Hollie
Posts 6
I have no clue then looks like I'm going to have to buy one of your players fiversilver

20th Apr 24 3:21 PM
roland68
Posts 980
Quote:
Originally posted by Hollie
I have no clue then looks like I'm going to have to buy one of your players fiversilver

You are almost there in your previous post. Your first sentence is correct. Your second sentence is partly true but you can do something about that if you want to. Chyperhondriac subtly tells you what you can do.

20th Apr 24 9:33 PM
ramster59
Posts 29
So are we saying (but not saying) that it's best to offer 30% seasonal wage rise? And then renew the contract in 1-2 years or something..

21st Apr 24 11:45 AM
Tottyyyyy28
Posts 2
Quote:
Originally posted by ramster59
So are we saying (but not saying) that it's best to offer 30% seasonal wage rise? And then renew the contract in 1-2 years or something..

I?m waiting for this answer too
Because so far i?m offering legit contracts

21st Apr 24 1:56 PM
roland68
Posts 980
Quote:
Originally posted by ramster59

Yes, but why wait 2 years? Just do it every season as soon as the wage increase kicks in. That is one way to reduce wages. Mind you, think about what you're doing, you might not want to do this with every player.

21st Apr 24 5:11 PM
Hollie
Posts 6
How can you renew a contract before the 30% increase takes effect as you can only negotiate after 56 days?

21st Apr 24 6:29 PM
Firesilver
Posts 983
You can't.

So, hey, anyone interested of any of these players?

22nd Apr 24 6:58 PM
Hollie
Posts 6
Quote:
Originally posted by Firesilver
You can't.

So, hey, anyone interested of any of these players?

I'm interested in Prentice.

26th Apr 24 10:13 PM
Firesilver
Posts 983
I've listed Cunha and Aoki today at 4.5M each.

« Prev1Next »

Copyright © 2024 - IAG Games Ltd. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Rules of game