ITSAGOAL.org - More than just a game
HomeManagerClubMatch daySquadTransfersLeagueCompetitionsStatisticsCommunityHelpShop
   

View forum thread

CREATE
Create your football club from the ground up and establish yourself as a football manager.
MANAGE
Manage every aspect of your football club from player transfers to squad training.
COMPETE
Go head to head with thousands of football managers from all over the world.
Off Topic
« Prev12345Next »
11th Jul 16 10:35 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 3,246
Where's the computer help thread gone?
I thought it was stickied?

Anyway, all you tech geniuses out there...

Why has my printer suddenly decided to take an age to actually print anything out?

It used to be almost instantaneous from hitting the print button to it spewing out the goods.

Now, it takes a couple of minutes to have a think about things and then decide 'oh alright, go on then I'll print your page if I must..'

Any ideas?
 
11th Jul 16 11:05 PM
ozzymac
Posts 2,959
PM sent, email following

It's stickied now
 
12th Jul 16 3:55 PM
jamesimp
Posts 1,045
Quote:
Originally posted by pleasantsurprise
I thought it was stickied?

Anyway, all you tech geniuses out there...

Why has my printer suddenly decided to take an age to actually print anything out?

It used to be almost instantaneous from hitting the print button to it spewing out the goods.

Now, it takes a couple of minutes to have a think about things and then decide 'oh alright, go on then I'll print your page if I must..'

Any ideas?


buy another printer
 
12th Jul 16 4:43 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 3,246
Quote:
Originally posted by jamesimp
buy another printer


Lend us sixty quid James.
 
12th Jul 16 5:16 PM
Hoopie
Posts 165
Just start printing 2 minutes earlier than you had planned, problem solved.
 
12th Jul 16 5:40 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 3,246
Great stuff guys!

Keep the suggestions coming.
 
12th Jul 16 5:41 PM
jamesimp
Posts 1,045
Quote:
Originally posted by pleasantsurprise
Great stuff guys!

Keep the suggestions coming.


Use the printer at work?
 
12th Jul 16 5:47 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 3,246
Hahaha!!!
 
12th Jul 16 6:00 PM
jamesimp
Posts 1,045
Quote:
Originally posted by pleasantsurprise
Hahaha!!!


Saves you having to pinch the paper
 
12th Jul 16 6:02 PM
Lemmy
Posts 173
Is it wireless?
 
12th Jul 16 6:05 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 3,246
Quote:
Originally posted by Lemmy
Is it wireless?


Yes
 
12th Jul 16 6:45 PM
Hoopie
Posts 165
Quote:
Originally posted by pleasantsurprise
Yes


That may be the problem then... the wire has fallen out?
 
12th Jul 16 6:47 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 3,246
Quote:
Originally posted by Hoopie
That may be the problem then... the wire has fallen out?


 
12th Jul 16 7:57 PM
Lemmy
Posts 173
Try connecting with a wire and see if that improves things.
 
12th Jul 16 10:47 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 3,246
Quote:
Originally posted by Lemmy
Try connecting with a wire and see if that improves things.


That would be a big upheaval Lemmy as I don't have a wire long enough...

Anyway, the problem has been solved. It was to do with installing the latest printer driver a couple of days ago...
 
12th Jul 16 11:05 PM
Carax
Posts 626
Delete the printer. Reinstall it.

Also, be aware if you use the new functions of sending print by email address of a printer it will be slow.

Send a PM to me about this problem if this foes not help. but once you are out of the EU that offer expires.
 
12th Jul 16 11:12 PM
scotty1962
Posts 3,284
Something Ive always thought that works a treat, and the first thing any tech. support will say to you -

Unplug, wait 10 seconds, and then plug it back in.....

 
12th Jul 16 11:15 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 3,246
Quote:
Originally posted by Carax
Delete the printer. Reinstall it.

Also, be aware if you use the new functions of sending print by email address of a printer it will be slow.

Send a PM to me about this problem if this foes not help. but once you are out of the EU that offer expires.


Earlier on I adjusted the printer settings and clicked 'Apply'.

A bit later I put the setting back to what they were and hey presto. Problem solved. Seems the update got some things stuck in the settings...

I'd better get all my techie questions to you asap hadn't I?
 
13th Jul 16 6:48 AM
TopGun2
Posts 86
Classic IT advice, plug it in, reboot it, reinstall it
 
13th Jul 16 9:58 AM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 3,246
And installing any sort of 'update' or 'latest' is usually guaranteed to bugger up your computer.
 
« Prev12345Next »
 
 

Copyright © 2018 - IAG Games Ltd. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Rules of game