ITSAGOAL.org - More than just a game
HomeManagerClubMatch daySquadTransfersLeagueCompetitionsStatisticsCommunityHelpShop

View forum thread

CREATE
Create your football club from the ground up and establish yourself as a football manager.
MANAGE
Manage every aspect of your football club from player transfers to squad training.
COMPETE
Go head to head with thousands of football managers from all over the world.
New General Discussions Forum
« Prev123Next »
5th May 21 5:30 PM
cristianzambrana
Posts 362
Quote:
Originally posted by cristianzambrana
I like it when people do projects like that. I was promoted to premiership with an all Italian team last season which were mostly youths. It took me ages to achieve that. But I had to bring in foreign players because I was going to get relagated. I regret ruining that now. It was difficult to find enough good players but now the youth system has changed you might not have a bad team.
I thought about a new project when I had a player named garibaldi. Maybe a team named after biscults. But that would be difficult if not impossible. But to do something similar would be impressive.

8th May 21 5:56 PM
BlueBoar_2nd
Posts 4
The youth academy player search upgrade is a brilliant addition to the game & like most managers, I had a real mixed bag of improvements to the existing players in my academy. The younger players rightly so, didn't move too much, but the 14, 15, 16, players certainly had a shot in the arm with some as much as 30+ rating increases.

For info, I marked a youth for promotion after the Friday update. He was rubbish, but he was still better than most in his position, so the objective was to get rid of an older player. I was delighted that he joined us & appeared to have improved upwards of 20 rating points compared to his youth rating.

As for the transfer market, I found the ridiculously high transfer fees demanded by top managers to be largely to the detriment of that part of the game, so I rarely ventured into the market except at end of season, when your chances of getting a reasonable player increased somewhat due to market saturation (supply exceeding demand).

Hopefully the wider availability of better quality youths will make the transfer market more realistic in seasons to come. We can but hope... but well done the head honcho, for making the change.

8th May 21 9:30 PM
cristianzambrana
Posts 362
Quote:
Originally posted by BlueBoar_2nd
The youth academy player search upgrade is a brilliant addition to the game & like most managers, I had a real mixed bag of improvements to the existing players in my academy. The younger players rightly so, didn't move too much, but the 14, 15, 16, players certainly had a shot in the arm with some as much as 30+ rating increases.

For info, I marked a youth for promotion after the Friday update. He was rubbish, but he was still better than most in his position, so the objective was to get rid of an older player. I was delighted that he joined us & appeared to have improved upwards of 20 rating points compared to his youth rating.

As for the transfer market, I found the ridiculously high transfer fees demanded by top managers to be largely to the detriment of that part of the game, so I rarely ventured into the market except at end of season, when your chances of getting a reasonable player increased somewhat due to market saturation (supply exceeding demand).

Hopefully the wider availability of better quality youths will make the transfer market more realistic in seasons to come. We can but hope... but well done the head honcho, for making the change.
Maybe it will bring down the price of players in the transfer market. I have a poor team of mostly 30 or 40 rated players. I have about 28 million in the bank. Because the players are so expensive there is no point spending the money I have. I need about 200 million to make my team good. If I move team's I would have reset players but staying at same team for a long time it becomes hard to improve.

8th May 21 10:53 PM
singe
Posts 19
Dear singe,

Following your request to offer an initial senior team contract,
We have now heard back from Estanislao MBo?, youth team forward.
Unfortunately he has declined our offer of a place in the senior team and has now left the club.

Regards,
Abiola Akinnuoye

Secretary, IToldEmOldhamMkII

Jumoed from 39 to 54 at the Youth upgrade, tried to promote him. Maybe these changes need tweaking a bit.....

9th May 21 12:19 AM
Uxua
Posts 4
Hi,

I honestly fail to quite grasp how a youth "declines offer to join senior team" -- not sure this would ever happen in real life.
Maybe he should have to stay in Youth Academy for 2, or 3 seasons, sure. But imagine a youth been in your academy... 3, 4, 6 seasons. Now he's youth-rated 70 or 80. Great potential. He declines joining senior team. How? Based on what? He's going to find better employment elsewhere? No. Does he get released into the transfer market? No. I would appreciate if he refused to sign say... 5 year contracts until his training plateaus... or... ask for more money than less promising youths. But declining to join senior team? Not only is it not realistic, it's a kick in the balls for the manager and mother of this kid, and then he just disappears.

Uxua

« Prev123Next »

Copyright © 2021 - IAG Games Ltd. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Rules of game