ITSAGOAL.org - More than just a game
HomeManagerClubMatch daySquadTransfersLeagueCompetitionsStatisticsCommunityHelpShop

View forum thread

CREATE
Create your football club from the ground up and establish yourself as a football manager.
MANAGE
Manage every aspect of your football club from player transfers to squad training.
COMPETE
Go head to head with thousands of football managers from all over the world.
Bugs & Site Issues
« Prev123Next »
26th Aug 15 4:04 AM
PH3NIX
Posts 212
Player Contract Negotiations
Not a big one but hey thought you guys wanted to be advised of what we find.

I have a player who im negotiating with and i got a message dated Wednesday 26th August 20:00 saying he wasnt happy.All well and good not aproblem when i go to the players contract page it says i last renegotiated with him 2 days ago.As i said not a biggie but hey as the say from acorns grow.

26th Aug 15 7:17 AM
BerryStraw
Posts 264
That wasn't you probably, it was when the club was generated.

26th Aug 15 12:33 PM
Muffin
Posts 211
That seems to be when negotiations started, not the last offer.

29th Aug 15 7:26 AM
eddie
Posts 2
I've been in negotiations with players which have expired without agreement.
I've tried to then re-open negotiations and get the message:

"xxxxxxx had his contract negotiated 5 days ago. All contracts must be in place for at least 1 season before the board will consider renegotiation."

Is this a glitch?

29th Aug 15 7:35 AM
IanD
Posts 90
Nope... just badly worded jargon from the guys...

You can only Negotiate Contracts once per season, regardless of the outcome. Failure to agree, means you must wait until next season or if the Players Contract is expiring, within 5 days of doing so.

For realism effect ; Everyone has a job to do, and it's agreed upon that having so many players in the squad only allows one sitting per player during a shorter season.

29th Aug 15 7:37 AM
weejordy97
Posts 367
Quote:
Originally posted by eddie

"xxxxxxx had his contract negotiated 5 days ago. All contracts must be in place for at least 1 season before the board will consider renegotiation."

Is this a glitch?

No, it's a new implementation. Means that contracts can't be negotiated every few days, which is a good thing.

29th Aug 15 7:38 AM
ozzymac
Posts 2,877
Quote:
Originally posted by eddie

Is this a glitch?

Yes it is Eddie, we're looking into it.

29th Aug 15 7:39 AM
IanD
Posts 90
Agreed Jordy.. it is an excellent thing and makes it far more interesting.

29th Aug 15 7:43 AM
ozzymac
Posts 2,877
Quote:
Originally posted by weejordy97
No, it's a new implementation. Means that contracts can't be negotiated every few days, which is a good thing.

But it shouldn't happen if you fail to negotiate a contract Jordy.

29th Aug 15 7:44 AM
ozzymac
Posts 2,877
Quote:
Originally posted by IanD
How so.. ??

By looking at what causes this to happen if a contract is not negotiated successfully. This shouldn't be the case.

29th Aug 15 7:48 AM
IanD
Posts 90
Quote:
Originally posted by ozzymac
But it shouldn't happen if you fail to negotiate a contract Jordy.

I recall this to be working correctly... it SHOULD happen if you fail to negotiate successfully. That was the point too, ensuring you didn't keep returning to negotiating something. Gives everyone a fair crack at the whip.

I understand what you are now seeking to change it to... but I personally think it is working correctly.

No-one loses anything, you just need to be sure when entering that you have the time to resolve it..

29th Aug 15 8:13 AM
RocketmanGav_2nd
Posts 42
I think the only thing which isn't working correctly is if you fail to negotiate yourself with the player the board should step in and offer him the contract that he wants, same as transfer system.

The current system means I will get sacked for going on holiday this week.

29th Aug 15 8:17 AM
ozzymac
Posts 2,877
I agree with Gav.

29th Aug 15 8:29 AM
IanD
Posts 90
Firstly, Gav should have time to negotiate again, once 5 days remain on Players contracts.

Secondly, if the Board don't step in and sign the Players due to having minimum squads numbers, then that is a separate bug and only relative to this discussion because it is a bug.

Thirdly, I seemed to know that I needed to ensure my negotiations this week were successful because I was part of Admin a week ago prior to ReLoad launch. How do I know, but the rest of Admin don't appear to ?

Something again isn't right.... second week on the trot...not sure I'll be around long enough to prove alot..

29th Aug 15 8:55 AM
BerryStraw
Posts 264
To me it seems this works fine, except that the wrong event is taken for the new thingy to kick in: it seems to work on 'negotiation start' instead of 'signing date', while it obviously should be the signing date that counts as 'last negotiated day 0'.

As it works now the 30% thing can still be done, while I think this was the reason this system is added.

29th Aug 15 8:55 AM
RocketmanGav_2nd
Posts 42
Yes contracts were discussed in the admin section, but the inner details were never discussed as we the admin didn't want to know.

I like this new aspect and if further negotiations are possible with 5 days left then fair enough, I'll start again then.

I still think a failed negotiation should result in the player getting his terms. Otherwise you can plan it to get 2 sets of negotiations when his contract is running down.

I know later into the game I will start negotiations with 15 days left knowing I'll get another bash with 5 days left.

The only other thing which can really harm managers is if they have put certain clauses in to reduce the wage bill now knowing they can renegotiate before the end of the season. Failure to get promotion or relegation could really have a big effect.

Perhaps a line on the negotiation screen saying all contracts will run for 1 season before renegotiations can start so managers know the risk of those clauses.

Let's see what Ron thinks, how he had it working in his mind.

29th Aug 15 9:06 AM
IanD
Posts 90
Quote:
Originally posted by RocketmanGav_2nd
Yes contracts were discussed in the admin section, but the inner details were never discussed as we the admin didn't want to know.

I like this new aspect and if further negotiations are possible with 5 days left then fair enough, I'll start again then.

I still think a failed negotiation should result in the player getting his terms. Otherwise you can plan it to get 2 sets of negotiations when his contract is running down.

I know later into the game I will start negotiations with 15 days left knowing I'll get another bash with 5 days left.

The only other thing which can really harm managers is if they have put certain clauses in to reduce the wage bill now knowing they can renegotiate before the end of the season. Failure to get promotion or relegation could really have a big effect.

Perhaps a line on the negotiation screen saying all contracts will run for 1 season before renegotiations can start so managers know the risk of those clauses.

Let's see what Ron thinks, how he had it working in his mind.

A failed negotiation perhaps 'could' result in the Player getting his terms. A good idea.. if it was there in those discussions previously, I missed that one. However, maybe it could be a factor for Players with 56 days or less remaining - giving Managers more emphasis on ensuring they either negotuate well or ahead of the final season.

Managers shouldn't be totally protected from their mistakes... if they put in clauses for releasing players when failing to promote, this is where the game should recognise Managers need to move on. Failure to succeed, in both the games design and the way it plays, will always hold it back. However Gav, i understand and appreciate what it is you are stating here. Didn't we all learn things the first time round too though...

As for a line on the Negotiations screen... that would be ideal. I'd like to see a redesign on how some pages appear regarding that Green Banner appearance. Why not detail the exact meeting number or break it down into something further such as minutes in meeting and only allow 100 mins... 20 mins a day (10 each update). Therefore you know how long is left...

Some better ways forward certainly..

29th Aug 15 9:08 AM
BerryStraw
Posts 264
Quote:
Originally posted by RocketmanGav_2nd

That could ruin a lot of clubs financially. Starting negotiations with a player don't necessarily need to end in a new contract.

Some examples: if I have a squad filler that might be useful when injuries/suspensions occur, I might want to hang on to him if he signs for a reasonable contract, so I enter negotiations to see what he demands and then see if an agreement can be made. Otherwise I'll sell him/let his contract run out and say goodbye.

If I have a player that is too good for my club, of course I would like him to stay a little longer. So I enter negotiations and see if I can sign him for another few seasons for a reasonable fee (I enter negotiations). If not, I make sure I sell him before his contract runs out.

Managing a club is, as often said before, about living within your means. If entering a negotiation would automatically lead to a new contract, this aspect of the game would get out of control. Bad idea.

PS: the transfer system allows you to withdraw from negotiations, that option might resolve this one as well.

29th Aug 15 9:13 AM
ozzymac
Posts 2,877
Quote:
Originally posted by BerryStraw

Some examples: if I have a squad filler that might be useful when injuries/suspensions occur, I might want to hang on to him if he signs for a reasonable contract, so I enter negotiations to see what he demands and then see if an agreement can be made. Otherwise I'll sell him/let his contract run out and say goodbye.

Even squad fillers have there purpose though. If he accepts a contract that you're not happy with then there is more pressure on you to sell him.

29th Aug 15 9:27 AM
BerryStraw
Posts 264
Quote:
Originally posted by ozzymac
Even squad fillers have there purpose though. If he accepts a contract that you're not happy with then there is more pressure on you to sell him.

No player should be on a contract you're not happy with just because you entered negotiations. Negotiations are about finding out if an agreement can be made, there's never an obligation to finish them successfully.

« Prev123Next »

Copyright © 2024 - IAG Games Ltd. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Rules of game