ITSAGOAL.org - More than just a game
HomeManagerClubMatch daySquadTransfersLeagueCompetitionsStatisticsCommunityHelpShop

View forum thread

CREATE
Create your football club from the ground up and establish yourself as a football manager.
MANAGE
Manage every aspect of your football club from player transfers to squad training.
COMPETE
Go head to head with thousands of football managers from all over the world.
Football Leagues and Cups
23rd Apr 16 11:07 PM
stripey
Posts 6,160
Quote:
Originally posted by ozzymac
2 games to go and it's anyone's to lose now.

Looks like the last game will be the decider of who goes up automatically

That is the only 100% guaranteed correct prediction that can be made.

23rd Apr 16 11:11 PM
stripey
Posts 6,160
Quote:
Originally posted by wally_2nd
Defo, squeaky bum time for Boro

Brighton will be a tough game but we have the small matter of Birmingham next friday another tough game, we have to win that one other wise i feel both burnley and Brighton will go up and we will have another play-off.

or hope Derby get a result at Brighton either way its been an amazing season this year in the Championship and exciting with the twist and turns..

Good luck to Burnley, Brighton and of cause the Mighty Boro..

I agree, Wally, one of the most exciting seasons I can remember.

If Derby beat us and Boro and Burnley win, then we'd have too much ground in goal difference to make up. Of the three teams with 87 points, I think Boro and Brighton would be tipped to get through the playoffs, given recent form.

29th Apr 16 8:02 AM
stripey
Posts 6,160
I'm hoping Birmingham can be motivated to cause a few problems for Boro tonight.

29th Apr 16 12:09 PM
almahaza
Posts 297
Quote:
Originally posted by stripey
I'm hoping Birmingham can be motivated to cause a few problems for Boro tonight.
I'm still hoping that Boro and us can play out a magnificent 0-0 both go up on the final day. What a party that will be!

29th Apr 16 9:27 PM
stripey
Posts 6,160
2-2 Birmingham - Boro with 78 minutes on the clock.

29th Apr 16 9:43 PM
stripey
Posts 6,160

29th Apr 16 10:31 PM
almahaza
Posts 297
Well done Birmingham. That was an entertaining game.

29th Apr 16 11:08 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,332
Quote:
Originally posted by almahaza
Well done Birmingham. That was an entertaining game.

Boro should have won that.

Was Ayala's 'goal' definitely onside? I haven't watched the post match gubbins.

29th Apr 16 11:16 PM
stripey
Posts 6,160
Quote:
Originally posted by pleasantsurprise
Boro should have won that.

Was Ayala's 'goal' definitely onside? I haven't watched the post match gubbins.

According to the BBC online text commentary it was onside.
In the end, though, it's still most likely going to come down to the Brighton/Middlesbrough match. The winner of that one gets promoted. Where it's potentially made a difference is that if Brighton beat Derby then a draw at the Riverside puts the Seagulls up, and almost certainly sinks Boro.

30th Apr 16 9:19 PM
bcagfc
Posts 154
Cyder Army 4-0 Flat Cap Terriers

Oh Jonathan Kodjia, Oh Jonathan Kodjia

20 goals in your 1st season in English football and it really could have been 35.

Roll on the summer and hopefully we get those signings in early this time.

Johnson says:
Bounce Around The Ground

1st May 16 2:16 PM
Doink
Posts 114
Yeah I'm sure Mr rich chairman will put his hand in his pocket again!!!

1st May 16 2:56 PM
bcagfc_2nd
Posts 36
Quote:
Originally posted by Doink
Yeah I'm sure Mr rich chairman will put his hand in his pocket again!!!

Pipe down and get back to the League 1 thread.

As for our major investor, he won't have to put much in as match day income is set to improve significantly with 13,000+ season tickets sold already (before General sale) and the executive boxes cash.

We are also well within FFP rules unlike some clubs (QPR/Wendy/Boro) and if we can pick up a few more bargains like Kodjia, then we'll be well set for at least mid table next season.

1st May 16 3:18 PM
almahaza
Posts 297
Brighton v Derby on Monday. I thought this might be a season defining game, but as it turns out we can still lose this and go up automatically......Saturday's match however

1st May 16 5:23 PM
stripey
Posts 6,160
Quote:
Brighton v Derby on Monday. I thought this might be a season defining game, but as it turns out we can still lose this and go up automatically......Saturday's match however

Game of the season, that match on Saturday. It would be nice to go there with pressure on Boro caused by our beating Derby.

1st May 16 6:56 PM
almahaza
Posts 297
Quote:
Originally posted by stripey
Game of the season, that match on Saturday. It would be nice to go there with pressure on Boro caused by our beating Derby.
Absolutely. We'd only require a draw too. Only!

2nd May 16 4:02 PM
samleeds99
Posts 102
Oh Brighton

2nd May 16 4:56 PM
DonKilla
Posts 24
yes now I love Bradford Mac City xo

2nd May 16 6:47 PM
almahaza
Posts 297
So it all comes down to the final game then, nothing but a win will do for the top two, draw or lose and it's the playoffs.

How exciting.

2nd May 16 8:51 PM
wally
Posts 1,311
Quote:
So it all comes down to the final game then, nothing but a win will do for the top two, draw or lose and it's the playoffs.

How exciting.

Like i said Earlier in the thread been an excellent season for both Boro and Brighton, Goodluck to both Teams, Just hope for Boro we sneak it and Brighton go up through the Play offs

Also congrats to Burnley..

2nd May 16 8:58 PM
ozzymac
Posts 2,877
Quote:

How exciting.

A draw's enough for Boro

Copyright © 2024 - IAG Games Ltd. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Rules of game