ITSAGOAL.org - More than just a game
HomeManagerClubMatch daySquadTransfersLeagueCompetitionsStatisticsCommunityHelpShop

View forum thread

CREATE
Create your football club from the ground up and establish yourself as a football manager.
MANAGE
Manage every aspect of your football club from player transfers to squad training.
COMPETE
Go head to head with thousands of football managers from all over the world.
Football Leagues and Cups
28th May 16 10:33 PM
stripey
Posts 6,160
That being said, we failed to win either of our last two games, and you finished at a sprint!

31st May 16 8:52 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,332
Au revoir...

I'm sure I speak for wally as well in saying we'll be gutted to leave this thread behind for next season...

31st May 16 8:54 PM
stripey_2nd
Posts 280
Quote:
Originally posted by pleasantsurprise
Au revoir...

I'm sure I speak for wally as well in saying we'll be gutted to leave this thread behind for next season...

Let's hope your French remark is prophetic - the right way round!
Until then, you'll just have to drop in here as a guest.

31st May 16 9:14 PM
wally
Posts 1,311
Quote:
Au revoir...

31st May 16 9:15 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,332
Quote:
Originally posted by stripey_2nd
Let's hope your French remark is prophetic - the right way round!
Until then, you'll just have to drop in here as a guest.

Oh I'll drop in OK.

Christ it's going to be a tough old Championship next season. I'm glad we're out of it!

1st Jun 16 11:12 AM
stripey
Posts 6,160
Quote:

Christ it's going to be a tough old Championship next season. I'm glad we're out of it!

Yeah, yeah, yeah! i can see TG rubbing his hands at the thought of six easy points!

1st Jun 16 12:40 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,332
Quote:
Originally posted by stripey
Yeah, yeah, yeah! i can see TG rubbing his hands at the thought of six easy points!

Oh I dunno. Boro might surprise them you know. ..

1st Jun 16 1:27 PM
stripey
Posts 6,160
Quote:
Oh I dunno. Boro might surprise them you know. ..

Too modest! Hull could do the same.

1st Jun 16 10:08 PM
Hoopie
Posts 184
Spurs could well have a hangover after coming 3rd in a 2 horse race. Mentally a tough thing to get over.

Leicester won't be able to keep the league and Europe going, they too will struggle.

Back to the bad old guard I reckon.

Promoted teams have a chance as still a lot of rubbish in the lower half of the prem, although Boro's brand of dull, defensive football will maybe find it tough to pick up the wins. Early points for any new team is crucial, get behind the curve and you're doomed, unless you are Leicester.

2nd Jun 16 9:16 AM
samleeds99
Posts 102
Garry Monk to Leeds

Finally we have a manager, very good appointment on paper but he has no chsmpionship experience as a player. Certainly a better appointment to the other managers that were touted before him.

Maybe next season is our year after all...

2nd Jun 16 9:30 AM
Carax
Posts 626
Sorry, it doesn't matter much who comes in as manager. We have had people who could have done a good job with backing up and trust.

The aim should not be going up, but staying in the div until Cellino throws away his toy. And hope that whoever comes after him has a clue.

2nd Jun 16 9:55 AM
camescu
Posts 167
Quote:
Originally posted by samleeds99
Garry Monk to Leeds

Finally we have a manager, very good appointment on paper but he has no chsmpionship experience as a player. Certainly a better appointment to the other managers that were touted before him.

Maybe next season is our year after all...

That's a big assumption he won't be sacked and replaced before next season starts.

2nd Jun 16 10:00 AM
mitchell
Posts 481
That statement is probably meant as a joke but sadly it's actually quite a realistic possibilty...more realistic than promotion anyway!

2nd Jun 16 10:53 AM
samleeds99
Posts 102
Quote:
Originally posted by Carax
Sorry, it doesn't matter much who comes in as manager. We have had people who could have done a good job with backing up and trust.

The aim should not be going up, but staying in the div until Cellino throws away his toy. And hope that whoever comes after him has a clue.

I'm in the minority here. But the only qualms I have against Cellino is the mad sackings of every manager. He's learned that we need a British manager which is good. He's backed with money and I'm sure he'll do it again this summer.

I just hope he keeps belief in Monk, but considering he's on a 1 year contract I suppose we'll be talking about another manager this time next year

2nd Jun 16 11:33 AM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,332
Monk must be desperate for a job...

2nd Jun 16 1:11 PM
Hoopie
Posts 184
Leeds reminds me of QPR with their managers.

After you have tried more managers than you can shake a stick at, you need to take a step back and realise it may not actually be the manager that is the problem.

I think QPR are starting to understand that, a decade too late, but at least they are getting there.

2nd Jun 16 1:39 PM
Carax
Posts 626
Most know who is the problem, it is Cellino. Who can't even manage to pay his taxes. One of the cases against him in court was VAT for a Range Rover (!). Is he even declared fit to be an owner yet?

The club has also been charged over the Ross McCormack deal. There was also an investigation into sexual discrimination by an employee of the club, not sure what came out of that.

Can't someone get him locked up and throw away the key?

12th Aug 16 11:00 PM
stripey
Posts 6,160
Brighton 3 - Forest 0

27th Aug 16 1:39 PM
bcagfc
Posts 154
Off to the Theatre of Cider in a moment to see if we can be 3rd time lucky against an ex-PL club.

Whoever picked these fixtures had it in for us.........must be a BHA fan.

Should be 'fun' today.

COME ON YOU REDS!!!

27th Aug 16 9:28 PM
bcagfc
Posts 154
Cider Army 3-1 Villa

1st half it was Newcastle deja vu, scared to play and sat off them THEN
a 2nd half blitz.

I'll take 9 points from 5 games against the 3 relegated Prem clubs and the 2 promoted clubs with momentum.

Now for the easier games against the likes of Brighton & Leeds.

JOHNSON SAYS, BOUNCE AROUND THE GROUND.

Copyright © 2024 - IAG Games Ltd. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Rules of game