ITSAGOAL.org - More than just a game
HomeManagerClubMatch daySquadTransfersLeagueCompetitionsStatisticsCommunityHelpShop

View forum thread

CREATE
Create your football club from the ground up and establish yourself as a football manager.
MANAGE
Manage every aspect of your football club from player transfers to squad training.
COMPETE
Go head to head with thousands of football managers from all over the world.
Football Leagues and Cups
17th May 16 12:26 PM
acol_arnie
Posts 518
Quote:
Originally posted by Ziggy
Clearly, the view from the East stand was different from the TV then.
I hope Wednesday fans realise how lucky they are after such a bettering.
Come on Hull!

Kayal should have gone - not for his "tackle" on Forestieri alone, but for the follow up challenge a few minutes later with studs showing that was at least a yellow (any player without a card would have been booked) and he should have gone for two bookings.

Bruno's challenge on Helan wasn't a red as there was a covering defender, but it was very cynical.

I didn't see all of the first half and understand there were many chances for Brighton, but the scoreline doesn't lie I'm afraid. It wasn't luck that saw Wednesday through to the final.

Is it fair given how the season went, probably not, as Brighton were the third best team in the league. However, they failed to beat Wednesday once over four games so I don't believe the end result was lucky.

Carlos had a dream ...

17th May 16 1:13 PM
bcagfc
Posts 154
From a neutrals POV, I wouldn't say Wendy were lucky in those first 25 minutes, just some great defending and some wasteful finishing from BHA (not sure how Knockaert missed that header at the far post).

Wendy were lucky to have their goal allowed to stand but it is very hard for officials to spot a little nudge like that, especially from the linesmans angle.

2nd half was much more even.

One thing I have noticed in this seasons Championship, is that the majority of teams only have 1 bad 45 minutes per game, not many play poorly for 90 minutes. Nearly all are teams capable of stepping it up with tactical changes made by the manager.

And finally............to think we stuffed Wendy 4-1 only a few weeks ago.......

17th May 16 2:49 PM
almahaza
Posts 297
Quote:
Originally posted by bcagfc
From a neutrals POV, I wouldn't say Wendy were lucky in those first 25 minutes, just some great defending and some wasteful finishing from BHA (not sure how Knockaert missed that header at the far post).

Wendy were lucky to have their goal allowed to stand but it is very hard for officials to spot a little nudge like that, especially from the linesmans angle.

2nd half was much more even.

One thing I have noticed in this seasons Championship, is that the majority of teams only have 1 bad 45 minutes per game, not many play poorly for 90 minutes. Nearly all are teams capable of stepping it up with tactical changes made by the manager.

And finally............to think we stuffed Wendy 4-1 only a few weeks ago.......
Wednesday had the luxury of resting players in league games prior to our fixtures, knowing that 6th was the only position in which they could finish. It's no wonder that our depleted squad couldn't maintain that for 90 minutes, hard games at home to Derby and away at Boro took their toll.

Still never mind, it's a learning experience for next season.

17th May 16 8:45 PM
almahaza
Posts 297
Come on Hull, come on the Hull fans....you are playing and supporting like lemons!

17th May 16 10:47 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,330
Phew...

18th May 16 7:56 AM
almahaza
Posts 297
Never in doubt!

18th May 16 8:36 AM
beeky
Posts 86
So Wednesday v Hull it is. I think it will be an ET and peno's job, Have already started the hunt for a ticket..

Unlucky to Brighton, Ive never been so worried than in the first 30mins the other night. The second half we came into it and I think we deserve to be in the final with how we played over both legs.

IMO they one of the better clubs in the champ and would be amazing to see them in the prem considering the history so all the best to Brighton next season.

18th May 16 2:53 PM
ozzymac
Posts 2,877
Commiserations to Brighton. the way they started the season was unbelievable.

Now focus on spanking Newcastle twice next season

19th May 16 2:21 PM
stripey
Posts 6,159
Quote:
Originally posted by ozzymac
Commiserations to Brighton. the way they started the season was unbelievable.

Now focus on spanking Newcastle twice next season

Cheers, Ozzy.

28th May 16 11:03 AM
beeky
Posts 86
One game from the big time today is going to be massive.

C'MON WEDNESDAY

28th May 16 5:50 PM
acol_arnie
Posts 518
Hanging in there at the end of the first half, hopefully Carlos has something to say at half time.

And how many empty seats in the Hull side of the ground - can't sell out a play off final?

28th May 16 6:46 PM
bcagfc
Posts 154
Quote:
Originally posted by acol_arnie
And how many empty seats in the Hull side of the ground - can't sell out a play off final?

Absolutely shocking not to sell out for a game like that.

28th May 16 7:03 PM
acol_arnie
Posts 518
Oh well, that was that. Next season it is

28th May 16 7:45 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,330
Job done, thank you very much.

28th May 16 9:59 PM
ozzymac
Posts 2,877
Quote:
Originally posted by pleasantsurprise

looks like you get a visit from TG next season then

28th May 16 10:03 PM
stripey
Posts 6,159
Quote:

Congratulations, PS.

28th May 16 10:14 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,330
Quote:
Originally posted by ozzymac
looks like you get a visit from TG next season then

Yep, I'm planning someplace expensive he can buy me lunch.

28th May 16 10:16 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,330
Quote:
Originally posted by stripey
Congratulations, PS.

Cheers stripey. I still reckon Brighton deserved to go up. I'm still not sure how Wednesday beat you in the semis. They did nothing today.

28th May 16 10:20 PM
stripey
Posts 6,159
Quote:
Cheers stripey. I still reckon Brighton deserved to go up. I'm still not sure how Wednesday beat you in the semis. They did nothing today.

Almahaza summed up the reasons why pretty well, I reckon.
Coming so close to an automatic promotion slot may have been what did for us in the playoff games.

28th May 16 10:28 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,330
Quote:
Originally posted by stripey
Almahaza summed up the reasons why pretty well, I reckon.
Coming so close to an automatic promotion slot may have been what did for us in the playoff games.

Aye there's probably something in that. To be so close to auto-promote right until the end must have knocked the stuffing out of you. Whereas we'd known for a while our only chance was through the play offs.

Copyright © 2024 - IAG Games Ltd. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Rules of game