ITSAGOAL.org - More than just a game
HomeManagerClubMatch daySquadTransfersLeagueCompetitionsStatisticsCommunityHelpShop

View forum thread

CREATE
Create your football club from the ground up and establish yourself as a football manager.
MANAGE
Manage every aspect of your football club from player transfers to squad training.
COMPETE
Go head to head with thousands of football managers from all over the world.
Football Leagues and Cups
11th Jan 19 7:57 PM
ozzymac
Posts 2,877
Quote:
Originally posted by pleasantsurprise
Now Leeds are spying on their opponents!

Isn't that called "scouting"

11th Jan 19 8:09 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,330
Quote:
Originally posted by ozzymac

Not really, no.

Scout players (during matches) not tactics, formations, missing players etc at the opponents' training ground.

Only cheats do that.

11th Jan 19 8:10 PM
ozzymac
Posts 2,877
Quote:
Not really, no.

Scout players (during matches) not tactics, formations, missing players etc at the opponents' training ground.

Only cheats do that.

That'd explain why it's common practice in Argentina

11th Jan 19 8:12 PM
pleasant_2nd
Posts 1,193
Quote:
That'd explain why it's common practice in Argentina

Maybe so, Not here though.

11th Jan 19 8:29 PM
ozzymac
Posts 2,877
Quote:
Not really, no.

Only cheats do that.

What did you expect from Leeds

11th Jan 19 8:49 PM
mitchell
Posts 481
Quote:

Well, yes. I'm genuinely baffled by what the problem is. Derby training pitch is open to the public, it sits beside a public road so anybody can watch should they choose to do so. If you have top secret training plans surely you'd train behind closed doors!

11th Jan 19 8:57 PM
ozzymac
Posts 2,877
Quote:
Originally posted by mitchell
Well, yes. I'm genuinely baffled by what the problem is. Derby training pitch is open to the public, it sits beside a public road so anybody can watch should they choose to do so. If you have top secret training plans surely you'd train behind closed doors!

My thoughts exactly. I'm sure it happens all through the leagues on a regular basis.

11th Jan 19 8:59 PM
KevinHann
Posts 678
They are just trying to build a wall and have Leeds pay for it.

11th Jan 19 9:14 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,330
That's alright then. No need for the FA to investigate the incident.

Nothing to see here (see what I did there?).

Move along now...

There's no reports about anyone else being there. Just this Leeds United employee who had binoculars, pliers (??) and a change of clothes (??).

Sounds to me like. if it wasn't 'behind closed doors', then it wasn't exactly open to the public.

11th Jan 19 9:23 PM
mitchell
Posts 481
It's on a public highway though. I could go watch them train anytime I want to if I so wished to. All they have to do is erect a fence if they don't want to be seen.

11th Jan 19 9:28 PM
ozzymac
Posts 2,877
Quote:
That's alright then. No need for the FA to investigate the incident.

Nothing to see here (see what I did there?).

Move along now...

There's no reports about anyone else being there. Just this Leeds United employee who had binoculars, pliers (??) and a change of clothes (??).

Sounds to me like. if it wasn't 'behind closed doors', then it wasn't exactly open to the public.

Binoculars as he's an avid bird watcher,
Pliers incase he comes across one of his avian friends tangled in wire,
Change of clothes in case the little bird poops on him whilst he's recuing it.

Nothing untoward at all

11th Jan 19 9:31 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,330
Quote:
Originally posted by mitchell
It's on a public highway though. I could go watch them train anytime I want to if I so wished to. All they have to do is erect a fence if they don't want to be seen.

But no-one else was there, just this Leeds employee. Was it his day off or something? Did he just fancy going to watch Derby train the day before his club played them? What was he doing there? Why have there been no reports of other 'suspicious' characters at Derby's training ground involving employees of clubs they're about to meet in the League, just Leeds.

It stinks

11th Jan 19 9:34 PM
ozzymac
Posts 2,877
Quote:
But no-one else was there, just this Leeds employee. Was it his day off or something? Did he just fancy going to watch Derby train the day before his club played them? What was he doing there? Why have there been no reports of other 'suspicious' characters at Derby's training ground involving employees of clubs they're about to meet in the League, just Leeds.

It stinks

Derby offer Training facility tours on thursdays at 4pm.

I can see what Mitchell's saying though as anyone could watch them train. They do have an indoor facility as well.

11th Jan 19 9:36 PM
mitchell
Posts 481
They've not denied he was there scouting them. The point that's being made is that neither Bielsa (Or myself format matter) were aware that scouting was frowned upon.

11th Jan 19 9:36 PM
Lovemaster2nd
Posts 263
Surely he must have been standing on a public footway? I wouldn't want to be standing on a public Highway, unless of course, he was sitting in a parked car?

Sounds rather Inspector Clouseau'ish to me.

11th Jan 19 9:39 PM
ozzymac
Posts 2,877
Apparently this is the Football League law that they may have broken...

'in all matters and transactions relating to the league each club shall behave towards each other club and the league with the utmost good faith'

A bit vague to say the least

11th Jan 19 9:48 PM
stripey
Posts 6,150
Quote:
Originally posted by KevinHann
They are just trying to build a wall and have Leeds pay for it.
Excellent, Donald!

11th Jan 19 9:56 PM
Lovemaster2nd
Posts 263
Quote:

It stinks
Espionage is a way of life, it's been going on long before you were born.

It's up to those being 'spied upon' to limit it's effect.

11th Jan 19 9:58 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,330
Quote:
Originally posted by Lovemaster2nd
Espionage is a way of life, it's been going on long before you were born.

It's up to those being 'spied upon' to limit it's effect.

Does that make it OK then?

Is that what the FA will find?

And is 'ignorance' a legitimate defence?

11th Jan 19 9:59 PM
ozzymac
Posts 2,877
Quote:

And is 'ignorance' a legitimate defence?

Unfortunately we see more of this in society every day

Copyright © 2024 - IAG Games Ltd. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Rules of game