ITSAGOAL.org - More than just a game
HomeManagerClubMatch daySquadTransfersLeagueCompetitionsStatisticsCommunityHelpShop

View forum thread

CREATE
Create your football club from the ground up and establish yourself as a football manager.
MANAGE
Manage every aspect of your football club from player transfers to squad training.
COMPETE
Go head to head with thousands of football managers from all over the world.
Football Leagues and Cups
17th Apr 17 10:22 PM
KevinHann
Posts 678
Of course you are. It's more likely Huddersfield pick up 13 points from their remaining games than us catching up with you. Our play has been rubbish most of the time since March and even when it isn't we struggle to get the points.

It will be a disaster if we blow 2nd place, can't see us going through the play-offs.

17th Apr 17 10:43 PM
stripey
Posts 6,150
Well, of course, logic suggests strongly that you are right, but I'll keep the bubbly on ice until the fat lady has started singing Sussex by the Sea.

17th Apr 17 10:54 PM
KevinHann
Posts 678
It's more important that you grew naturally to this position and you have already earned the culmination of this natural club growth over the seasons, the rest is pretty much the same I usually describe local competition around here - whether you are 1st or 2nd in the end, the practical difference is of little importance as long as you have set the right foundations to grow in the meantime. Position is a footnote, growth is what drives you forward. I'll be curious to see how you fare in the Premiership and for sure Chris deserves another crack at it!

20th Apr 17 1:45 PM
Breadman40
Posts 33
so happy for chris and brighton especially how Newcastle treated him well done what goes around comes around

2nd May 17 11:32 AM
Wolfenstolme
Posts 101
Hello my name is Wolfenstolme and I'm an Aston Villa fan.

Looks like I could be frequenting this forum for quite some time so I'm hoping you guys are a friendly bunch.

Just a brief comment on our season, after years of being absolutely awful in the Premier league it's been nice to go into each game weekend not already expecting to lose. I never expected us to drop into this division and march straight back into the Prem like a lot of my fellow fans seemed to but I've still been disappointed with just how underwhelming we've been. If Kodjia leaves in the summer (which I certainly couldn't begrudge him) I don't see where else our offensive threat is going to come from. Bruce has the pedigree to turn us into promotion contenders but I've seen precious little evidence of that happening on the field.

It'd be nice to hear a neutral opinion of what some of you guys have thought about Villa this year.

2nd May 17 5:13 PM
KevinHann
Posts 678
I haven't followed your team this season, other than the results mostly, but I'm curious what you think about the final game. Do you think you got the form, ability and desire to nick a result against Brighton and send the season off on a positive note?

Obviously Villa are a huge club and I'm sorry to see them down here, really hope they pick themselves up and get back in the Prem asap!

2nd May 17 5:19 PM
almahaza
Posts 297
Quote:
Originally posted by KevinHann
Do you think you got the form, ability and desire to nick a result against Brighton and send the season off on a positive note?

No chance

2nd May 17 5:58 PM
KevinHann
Posts 678
Quote:
Originally posted by almahaza
No chance

I honestly thought the same about Bristol

2nd May 17 8:28 PM
Wolfenstolme
Posts 101
Quote:
I'm curious what you think about the final game. Do you think you got the form, ability and desire to nick a result against Brighton and send the season off on a positive note?

Obviously Villa are a huge club and I'm sorry to see them down here, really hope they pick themselves up and get back in the Prem asap!

I've seen very little passion this season and I don't see why that changing in the last game with nothing to play for and our two best players (Kodjia and Jedinak) out injured. I think we'll do well not to get an utter thrashing.
Cheers for the positive wishes I'd been getting used to the idea everyone hates Villa and has been very much enjoying our fall from grace. Hopefully with a summer to get to know the squad better Bruce can get them playing as a team next season.

2nd May 17 8:47 PM
stripey
Posts 6,150
Quote:
I haven't followed your team this season, other than the results mostly, but I'm curious what you think about the final game. Do you think you got the form, ability and desire to nick a result against Brighton and send the season off on a positive note?

OY!

3rd May 17 5:08 PM
almahaza
Posts 297
Quote:
I honestly thought the same about Bristol
Now where is the drama in that!

It's all scripted don't you know.

3rd May 17 5:12 PM
KevinHann
Posts 678
Quote:
Originally posted by almahaza
Now where is the drama in that!

It's all scripted don't you know.

One scripted thing I recall seems to be an open bus tour that had to be canceled last match

I appreciate the final day drama as it gives us all something to look forward to, however it really ain't that important. In my book you guys deserve the title based on the entire season and I'm surprised you couldn't quite get it over the line after promotion was secured.

7th May 17 3:40 PM
colins70
Posts 335
Well it seems we helped Newcastle to the title today , so well done to the Magpies.

Maybe next season we can go up ourselves , but then again probably not.

7th May 17 7:11 PM
KevinHann
Posts 678
Quote:
Originally posted by colins70
Well it seems we helped Newcastle to the title today , so well done to the Magpies.

Maybe next season we can go up ourselves , but then again probably not.

Thanks, that was some nailbiting finish to the season - but I humbly accept Brighton were better overall and should have claimed the title. They got themselves to blame though with this massive collapse in form in the run in. I wish them every success in the Prem!

I do hope Villa make it back, they belong in the Prem and it's a sad thing so many traditional clubs are now down. Hopefully they make it sooner rather than later, I'd really like Leeds, Blackburn, Nottingham and Derby in there as well.

7th May 17 9:04 PM
ozzymac
Posts 2,877
Quote:
Thanks, that was some nailbiting finish to the season - but I humbly accept Brighton were better overall and should have claimed the title. They got themselves to blame though with this massive collapse in form in the run in. I wish them every success in the Prem!

I do hope Villa make it back, they belong in the Prem and it's a sad thing so many traditional clubs are now down. Hopefully they make it sooner rather than later, I'd really like Leeds, Blackburn, Nottingham and Derby in there as well.

Might be a while before we see Blackburn back up there.

7th May 17 9:10 PM
Lemmy
Posts 469
Quote:
Originally posted by ozzymac
Might be a while before we see Blackburn back up there.

And Sunderland

7th May 17 9:15 PM
KevinHann
Posts 678
Quote:
Originally posted by Lemmy
And Sunderland

I really hope both Sunderland and Boro return asap!

7th May 17 9:30 PM
ozzymac
Posts 2,877
Quote:
Originally posted by Lemmy
And Sunderland

Cheeky bugger

7th May 17 9:30 PM
ozzymac
Posts 2,877
Quote:
I really hope both Sunderland and Boro return asap!

Me too

19th May 17 11:54 AM
Wolfenstolme
Posts 101
So the play off final competitors have been decided.

Huddersfield v Reading

Any thoughts or predictions from anyone?

As a neutral I'd prefer to see Huddersfield get the win, Reading haven't quite been away from the Prem long enough for me to start feeling reminiscent about them, I always do enjoy seeing someone come into the top flight party from a long absence.

Copyright © 2024 - IAG Games Ltd. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Rules of game