ITSAGOAL.org - More than just a game
HomeManagerClubMatch daySquadTransfersLeagueCompetitionsStatisticsCommunityHelpShop

View forum thread

CREATE
Create your football club from the ground up and establish yourself as a football manager.
MANAGE
Manage every aspect of your football club from player transfers to squad training.
COMPETE
Go head to head with thousands of football managers from all over the world.
Football Leagues and Cups
16th Aug 17 10:22 AM
ozzymac
Posts 2,877
Quote:
Originally posted by Wolfenstolme
Villa looking quite bad in these first few games, it wouldn't be so bad if they were even competing but seem to be getting totally outplayed away from home. So congratulations Steve Bruce so far you've managed to build a team that have achieved all my worst fears for this season, I won't be disappointed to see you lose your job any time soon.

Agree with that Wolfy.

Bruce: Let's go with plan A

Bruce: Bugger, Plan A isn't working, we better stick with it as i don't have a plan B

16th Aug 17 12:02 PM
mitchell
Posts 481
Quote:
Originally posted by ozzymac
Agree with that Wolfy.

Bruce: Bugger, Plan A isn't working, we better stick with it as i don't have a plan B

It's an absolute mystery how Bruce keeps getting jobs at pretty big clubs. With the exception of 2 or 3 reasonably successful seasons at Birmingham he's been pretty woeful wherever he's been at about 7 or 8 clubs!

16th Aug 17 12:57 PM
Wolfenstolme
Posts 101
Quote:
Agree with that Wolfy.

It reminds me a little of the Martin O'Neill days in that sense except MON's plan A worked more often than not.

I wouldn't mind if they were playing pretty well but falling short I understand new players need time to gel but it doesn't seem like they have a clue what they're trying to do. He can have no excuses this is his squad now, of the 11 starters last night 9 were Bruce signings. If he doesn't know how to get the best out of them that's only his failing.

...and breathe only 3 games down still plenty of time to turn things around. We'll be fine

16th Aug 17 1:08 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,330
Bruce had a decent record at City. 2 promotions to the Premier League and an FA Cup final so, you know...

16th Aug 17 4:28 PM
colins70
Posts 335
Anyone who says Bruce needs time is having a laugh.
3 games in and we dont look like winning.
He has brought in players over the course of time and got rid of a few, but its the same old story.
Anything but 3 pts saturday and Bruce is walking a tightrope.

16th Aug 17 4:46 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,330
Christ. You Villa fans...

16th Aug 17 10:04 PM
porkpie
Posts 232
Decent enough point tonight at Hillsborough. We had enough chances in the first half to kill the game off. The 2nd half was backs to the wall and we managed to come away with a point. Last season we would have lost that game.

We need players in asap as we are very short on numbers/quality. Hopefully a few players will be incoming soon, but I don't expect any large sums of money spent.

16th Aug 17 10:08 PM
ozzymac
Posts 2,877
Quote:
Originally posted by porkpie
Decent enough point tonight at Hillsborough. We had enough chances in the first half to kill the game off. The 2nd half was backs to the wall and we managed to come away with a point. Last season we would have lost that game.

We need players in asap as we are very short on numbers/quality. Hopefully a few players will be incoming soon, but I don't expect any large sums of money spent.

I think all of us would have taken 5 points from the first 3 matches if offered it at the start of the season.

16th Aug 17 10:48 PM
porkpie
Posts 232
Quote:
I think all of us would have taken 5 points from the first 3 matches if offered it at the start of the season.

The problem is that we are going to lose a few players before the window shuts. We need to get players in asap as we are quite threadbare esp if we get a few injuries. A decent goalscorer would have buried at least one of those chances we missed tonight. The other thing that worries me is our lack of possession and inability to pass the ball. I know it's early days but during the premier league seasons we were exactly the same. A good ball playing midfielder would be good.

16th Aug 17 10:59 PM
ozzymac
Posts 2,877
Quote:
Originally posted by porkpie
The problem is that we are going to lose a few players before the window shuts. We need to get players in asap as we are quite threadbare esp if we get a few injuries. A decent goalscorer would have buried at least one of those chances we missed tonight. The other thing that worries me is our lack of possession and inability to pass the ball. I know it's early days but during the premier league seasons we were exactly the same. A good ball playing midfielder would be good.

Agree totally Porky.

It's shame that Maja is out for another month as i think he was looking good during pre season.

17th Aug 17 9:12 AM
JAMES_2nd
Posts 26
After all the upheaval at Norwich, I'm pleased they got their first win and clean sheet at home to QPR

8th Sep 17 10:50 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,330
Bloody Hell....

8th Sep 17 10:55 PM
ozzymac
Posts 2,877
Quote:
Originally posted by pleasantsurprise
Bloody Hell....

Not the result i was expecting. Honestly had you down for a draw at worst.

8th Sep 17 11:04 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,330
Quote:
Not the result i was expecting. Honestly had you down for a draw at worst.

If we'd have equalised with that pen and if Derby hadn't seem to score with every shot they had...

If...If...If...

8th Sep 17 11:23 PM
ozzymac_2nd
Posts 113
Quote:
Originally posted by pleasantsurprise
If we'd have equalised with that pen and if Derby hadn't seem to score with every shot they had...

If...If...If...

Watch us get stuffed tomorrow, it'll make you feel better

9th Sep 17 8:45 PM
porkpie
Posts 232
We were/are dreadful.

Going to take a miracle to sort us out.

Ellis Short and co need to do one.

9th Sep 17 10:29 PM
beeky_2nd
Posts 124
Championship is going to be so unpredictable this season. Crazy to see Sunderland, Brum, Villa, Hull and Fulham all out of the top ten. 40 games to go so still to early to judge but the only thing that looks about right to me at this point is the bottom three.

I had Ipswich down as a possible dark horse as Mick Mcarthy knows this league and is underrated IMHO but I cant see them and SUFC being top 6 in May.

We never start strong but I think today could be the game where everything starts to click, hopefully we'll smash Brentford on Tuesday and give Cardiff a tough challenge next weekend.

9th Sep 17 10:38 PM
mitchell
Posts 481
I feared selling Wood would harm our chances at Leeds this season but Lassogo, wow he really looked something special today! Two goals on his debut is good in itself but his all round play was absolutely outstanding. For the first time in 15yrs I'm feeling positive about Leeds chances!

9th Sep 17 11:35 PM
KevinHann
Posts 678
Quote:
Originally posted by mitchell
I feared selling Wood would harm our chances at Leeds this season but Lassogo, wow he really looked something special today! Two goals on his debut is good in itself but his all round play was absolutely outstanding. For the first time in 15yrs I'm feeling positive about Leeds chances!

About time! Been getting positive vibes about your lot in recent seasons, hopefully that's not wrong - one of the clubs that simply must be back in the top flight!

10th Sep 17 1:17 PM
samleeds99
Posts 102
Quote:
Originally posted by mitchell

I felt too positive about last year and that went tits up, so I'm staying pessimistic this year, but we have looked outstanding this season. 5 clean sheets in a row aswell!

Copyright © 2024 - IAG Games Ltd. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Rules of game