ITSAGOAL.org - More than just a game
HomeManagerClubMatch daySquadTransfersLeagueCompetitionsStatisticsCommunityHelpShop

View forum thread

CREATE
Create your football club from the ground up and establish yourself as a football manager.
MANAGE
Manage every aspect of your football club from player transfers to squad training.
COMPETE
Go head to head with thousands of football managers from all over the world.
Football Leagues and Cups
14th Jul 20 7:20 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,330
Quote:
Originally posted by maddog17_2nd
There is an interesting subplot to the game as 'if' Wigan get a 12 point deduction from going into administration they will be on the same points as Hull with a GD that is 25 goals better

14 goal swing in the first half.

Wigan just need to keep winning. Hull need a miracle in last 2 games.

Wigan should get a 20 point deduction...

15th Jul 20 8:54 AM
Hoopie
Posts 184
Quote:
Originally posted by pleasantsurprise
Wigan should get a 20 point deduction...

I wouldn't wish that on any club. If you read how Wigan got to where they are with the gambling going on, you might have more sympathy for them.

If only they were backed by the UAE and a Chinese consortium, they too could buy their way out of any penalty.

Football is a murky world of dodgy dealings, even dodgier owners and trodden down supporters. I wouldn't wish a points deduction on any team, it is the supporters who suffer (ok I might exclude Chelsea from that list, lol)

15th Jul 20 9:06 AM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,330
I did have my tongue in my cheek when I wrote that Hoopie.

15th Jul 20 7:32 PM
Hoopie
Posts 184
Quote:
Originally posted by pleasantsurprise
I did have my tongue in my cheek when I wrote that Hoopie.

ah, the subtlety must have flown over my head.

17th Jul 20 3:36 PM
jamesimp
Posts 1,985
There's talk of Sheff Wednesday getting a 12 point deduction because of fiddling the price of there ground sale.

17th Jul 20 4:45 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,330
Quote:
Originally posted by jamesimp
There's talk of Sheff Wednesday getting a 12 point deduction because of fiddling the price of there ground sale.

Ooh, naughty.

Another possible lifeline for City...

17th Jul 20 7:55 PM
Hoopie
Posts 184
Next season is going to see a lot of teams with -12pts

17th Jul 20 8:08 PM
pleasant_2nd
Posts 1,193
Quote:
Originally posted by Hoopie
Next season is going to see a lot of teams with -12pts

Oh. Are these potential points deductions effective next season?

17th Jul 20 8:57 PM
BubbaGump
Posts 473
Im hoping us canaries can find our winning mentality very quickly back in the championship

17th Jul 20 10:29 PM
Hoopie
Posts 184
Quote:
Originally posted by pleasant_2nd
Oh. Are these potential points deductions effective next season?

If the minus 12 doesn?t relegate you it carries to the next season.

So if Wigan avoid relegation this season, the minus 12 won?t kick in until next season.

Stops teams doing a Birmingham.

No doubt lawyers will win whatever season

17th Jul 20 10:36 PM
Hoopie
Posts 184
Quote:
Originally posted by Hoopie
If the minus 12 doesn?t relegate you it carries to the next season.

So if Wigan avoid relegation this season, the minus 12 won?t kick in until next season.

Stops teams doing a Birmingham.

No doubt lawyers will win whatever season

I have re-read the rules and the above is incorrect

The points only carry over if you were relegated anyway. So teams can still do a Birmingham.

Either way a lot of teams are in big trouble, I would expect a lot of minus points next season

21st Jul 20 7:54 AM
Hoopie
Posts 184
A report out suggesting Wigan to start next season on -12 and Sheff Wed on -21.

A race to the bottom.

There will be others

12th Sep 20 11:56 AM
Harry_H0rnet
Posts 27
So the season starts and Watford win with a very different squad due to injuries and transfers. No assumptions in this league, I hope the club can develop the youths, give them a chance in the team and that the new manager is given a chance and any bad runs are not cause for the managerial Merry-go-round stays quiet. A community club that has been innovative in that area. The owners have done a lot of good in keeping the club going, developing the ground. Their methods have raised eyebrows, but we are a club with no right to success, and the past five years has had us fight above our weight. In the championship we will find it hard, but I hope for a strong season and a chance of a promotion, but I hope for that whenever we have been in this league or below.
Cheers,

Harry

23rd Sep 20 10:47 AM
almahaza
Posts 297
Quote:
Originally posted by Harry_H0rnet
So the season starts and Watford win with a very different squad due to injuries and transfers. No assumptions in this league, I hope the club can develop the youths, give them a chance in the team and that the new manager is given a chance and any bad runs are not cause for the managerial Merry-go-round stays quiet. A community club that has been innovative in that area. The owners have done a lot of good in keeping the club going, developing the ground. Their methods have raised eyebrows, but we are a club with no right to success, and the past five years has had us fight above our weight. In the championship we will find it hard, but I hope for a strong season and a chance of a promotion, but I hope for that whenever we have been in this league or below.
Cheers,

Harry
Good luck to you. I?ve had a bit of a soft spot for Watford since Harry the Hornet did the Zaha dive.....very funny.

23rd Sep 20 6:14 PM
Hoopie
Posts 184
Quote:
Cheers,

Harry

Watford run a very good academy system, you will reap the rewards in years to come, takes a while for it to feed through.

23rd Sep 20 7:00 PM
Harry_H0rnet
Posts 27
Focus on the league after the youngsters couldn?t get past Newport. No shame there. What do others see as the form teams for the Championship? Also which teams are going to struggle to stay afloat? That is so sad to write. I question how much money from tv deals will filter down.

Cheers,

Harry

24th Sep 20 8:46 PM
Harry_H0rnet
Posts 27
Big derby match against Luton at the weekend. Last game was in 2006. . Such a shame we can?t see it. Hoping the team shows up and we can get the win.

Has anyone else got a derby game this season they haven?thad For a few years?

24th Sep 20 8:50 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,330
Quote:
Big derby match against Luton at the weekend. Last game was in 2006. . Such a shame we can?t see it. Hoping the team shows up and we can get the win.

Has anyone else got a derby game this season they haven?thad For a few years?

Yes (but in League 1 - am I allowed to post in here?)

City v Donny

City v Lincoln (Look out James!)

26th Sep 20 9:14 PM
Harry_H0rnet
Posts 27
1-0 win good to have a derby match. They bring that extra to a game and the season.

Good luck in your derby matches this season.

Cheers,

Harry

19th Jan 22 10:17 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,330
Great start for the new owners of City tonight.

Copyright © 2024 - IAG Games Ltd. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Rules of game