ITSAGOAL.org - More than just a game
HomeManagerClubMatch daySquadTransfersLeagueCompetitionsStatisticsCommunityHelpShop

View forum thread

CREATE
Create your football club from the ground up and establish yourself as a football manager.
MANAGE
Manage every aspect of your football club from player transfers to squad training.
COMPETE
Go head to head with thousands of football managers from all over the world.
Football Leagues and Cups
11th Jan 19 10:03 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,330
Quote:
Originally posted by ozzymac
Unfortunately we see more of this in society every day

Yeah

*You can't punish me. I didn't know, guv. Nobody told me.

11th Jan 19 10:04 PM
ozzymac
Posts 2,877
Quote:
Originally posted by pleasantsurprise
Yeah

*You can't punish me. I didn't know, guv. Nobody told me.

Sad but true

11th Jan 19 10:08 PM
Lovemaster2nd
Posts 263
Quote:
Does that make it OK then?

Is that what the FA will find?

And is 'ignorance' a legitimate defence?
It's called 'freedom of movement' and he wasn't breaking the law.

If the FA decide to take action, it will be overturned in a court of law. (should it get that far)

11th Jan 19 10:16 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,330
Quote:
Originally posted by Lovemaster2nd
It's called 'freedom of movement' and he wasn't breaking the law.

If the FA decide to take action, it will be overturned in a court of law. (should it get that far)

No-one is saying he broke the law. This is borne out by the police releasing the man without charge after they were called to the ground.

If the FA take action I've no doubt it will be accepted by Leeds and not taken to court. (I'm not even sure a court would interfere with a ruling by a sport's governing body would it? Not unless there is a blatant miscarriage of 'justice' meted out.)

It still stinks though...

11th Jan 19 10:26 PM
mitchell
Posts 481
Surely when Alex Ferguson had a helicopter hover above Man City training before the derby that was worse as City WERE training behind closed doors. A guy stood on a public path watching isn't as bad as that surely.

11th Jan 19 10:32 PM
stripey
Posts 6,150
Quote:
Originally posted by mitchell
Surely when Alex Ferguson had a helicopter hover above Man City training before the derby that was worse as City WERE training behind closed doors. A guy stood on a public path watching isn't as bad as that surely.
Man City had only themselves to blame for that - should have paid for a roof!

11th Jan 19 10:33 PM
Lovemaster2nd
Posts 263
Quote:
No-one is saying he broke the law. This is borne out by the police releasing the man without charge after they were called to the ground.

If the FA take action I've no doubt it will be accepted by Leeds and not taken to court. (I'm not even sure a court would interfere with a ruling by a sport's governing body would it? Not unless there is a blatant miscarriage of 'justice' meted out.)

It still stinks though...
I'd be surprised if Leeds accepted an FA reprisal.
Governing bodies don't have the same clout they used to. They are being taken to court on a regular basis these days.
At the end of the day, they cannot infringe on the law/rights individuals/people have.

It's the way it is now.

11th Jan 19 10:35 PM
Lovemaster2nd
Posts 263
Quote:
Originally posted by stripey
Man City had only themselves to blame for that - should have paid for a roof!

11th Jan 19 10:41 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,330
Quote:

I don't know anything about that mitchell and I can't find anything via Google,

Were Man Utd/Fergie punished for it? Did Fergie admit it publicly? Was the incident even investigated by the FA?

11th Jan 19 10:56 PM
Lovemaster2nd
Posts 263
Besides......what football club pays a supporters mortgage?

It's football....that's all it is.

There's atrocities happening all over the world. (off a football pitch)

So who really bloody cares.

11th Jan 19 11:00 PM
mitchell
Posts 481
Quote:
Originally posted by Lovemaster2nd
Besides......what football club pays a supporters mortgage?

It's football....that's all it is.

There's atrocities happening all over the world. (off a football pitch)

So who really bloody cares.

Frank Lampard does!

11th Jan 19 11:02 PM
mitchell
Posts 481
Quote:
I don't know anything about that mitchell and I can't find anything via Google,

Were Man Utd/Fergie punished for it? Did Fergie admit it publicly? Was the incident even investigated by the FA?

None of the above. It was just a shrug of the shoulders and acceptance that scouting is a normal part of the game. Even Charlie Nicholas on Sky has just been taking about how it was perfectly standard practice back in his day.

12th Jan 19 10:30 AM
Wolfenstolme
Posts 101
Doesn't sound like he was just watching from the road if he came across suspiciously enough for someone to call the police.

Not sure I have an opinion beyond that, everyone wants to get whatever advantage they can, so long as it's done within the rules of the game you've got to expect it to happen.

Probably more of a story because it's Leeds and nobody likes Leeds

12th Jan 19 11:12 AM
mitchell
Posts 481
Quote:
Originally posted by Wolfenstolme
Doesn't sound like he was just watching from the road if he came across suspiciously enough for someone to call the police.

He was stood at the side of the pitch on the footpath watching, there are images on social media of his vantage point and position and the pitch they train on is only about 20 metres from the public path. He wasn't hidden because he had no idea he was doing anything wrong so never hid the fact he was from Leeds, he was even in an LUFC car! If he thought it was an issue I'm sure he'd have picked a different vehicle to turn up in...

12th Jan 19 11:13 AM
mitchell
Posts 481
Quote:
Originally posted by Wolfenstolme

Probably more of a story because it's Leeds and nobody likes Leeds

I think that's the crux of the issue.

12th Jan 19 11:59 AM
mitchell
Posts 481
The irony of Frank Lampard being the one to kick up this stink is that Villa Boas openly admits to doing this on a regular basis when working as Mourinho's assistant at Chelsea!

Quote from an interview in the telegraph 2014

"My work enables Jose to know exactly when a player from the opposition team is likely to be at his best or his weakest,? he explained. ?I will travel to training grounds, often incognito, and look at our opponents? mental and physical state before drawing my conclusions. Jose will leave nothing to chance.?

12th Jan 19 1:33 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,330
Quote:
I think that's the crux of the issue.

If course it is.

Leeds have been cheating for more than 50 years!

But one thing I don't understand. If the practice is so widespread why have the FA not investigated before? Why now? Does the FA hate Leeds too?

12th Jan 19 2:39 PM
mitchell
Posts 481
Quote:

But one thing I don't understand. If the practice is so widespread why have the FA not investigated before? Why now? Does the FA hate Leeds too?

Because nobody has made an official complaint to the FA before. Charlie Nicholas, Paul Gasgoine, Gary Linekar have all mocked how ridiculous this is considering it's been common for many years. Gary Linekar even wrote in his autobiography that whenever he saw an opposition scout watching training he'd always practice penalties to the opposite side that he would use in the game to throw them off. If a report is made the FA have to investigate it regardless whether it breaks any rule or not but they would be hard pressed to pass any penalties for something that there's no rule against. What would they then do, take back all the trophies Chelsea won while they had their 'opposition observation department' who's job it was to do exactly this?

12th Jan 19 7:04 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,330
Quote:
Because nobody has made an official complaint to the FA before. Charlie Nicholas, Paul Gasgoine, Gary Linekar have all mocked how ridiculous this is considering it's been common for many years. Gary Linekar even wrote in his autobiography that whenever he saw an opposition scout watching training he'd always practice penalties to the opposite side that he would use in the game to throw them off. If a report is made the FA have to investigate it regardless whether it breaks any rule or not but they would be hard pressed to pass any penalties for something that there's no rule against. What would they then do, take back all the trophies Chelsea won while they had their 'opposition observation department' who's job it was to do exactly this?

Gsxza!! Haha!

Good idea re Chelsea!

As for Leeds, how about a 12 point deduction?

12th Jan 19 7:57 PM
mitchell
Posts 481
If there's one positive to come out of 'spygate' it's the fact that the media obsessing over that seems to have meant they completely glossed over Bailey Pea**** Farrels attempt to remove that Derby lads head!

Copyright © 2024 - IAG Games Ltd. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Rules of game