ITSAGOAL.org - More than just a game
HomeManagerClubMatch daySquadTransfersLeagueCompetitionsStatisticsCommunityHelpShop

View forum thread

CREATE
Create your football club from the ground up and establish yourself as a football manager.
MANAGE
Manage every aspect of your football club from player transfers to squad training.
COMPETE
Go head to head with thousands of football managers from all over the world.
Football Leagues and Cups
20th Sep 15 11:24 AM
stripey
Posts 6,157
Quote:
Originally posted by almahaza
Unlikely.

I don't mind him as it happens, at least he adds a bit of colour (pink and sweaty usually) to the increasingly bland football world. Wouldn't want him managing my team though!

No - we're happy as we are.

20th Sep 15 6:53 PM
Doink
Posts 114
Quote:
Originally posted by bcagfc
Again, we absolutely batter our opponents but fail to make it count, that's about the 6th time this season that this has happened and so it needs to be rectified ASAP.

An accomplished Championship striker would make the difference but they are hard to find.

I don't understand, the cheque book champions from last year not getting their own way! Deffo, time for Mr Lansdown to get his book out again!!
Your team had got it coming to them, not that I'm bitter being a Robins fan. (Swindon)

20th Sep 15 7:23 PM
almahaza
Posts 297
Quote:
Originally posted by Doink
I don't understand, the cheque book champions from last year not getting their own way! Deffo, time for Mr Lansdown to get his book out again!!
Your team had got it coming to them, not that I'm bitter being a Robins fan. (Swindon)
I think the money is there but the players don't seem to want to go to City. Bristol is a great place to live, the stadium is being improved, perhaps Cotterill is the sticking point?

20th Sep 15 7:35 PM
Doink
Posts 114
Quote:
I think the money is there but the players don't seem to want to go to City. Bristol is a great place to live, the stadium is being improved, perhaps Cotterill is the sticking point?

Very true! Have you noticed on his post match interviews he always blames either the ref or his teams bad luck!! Never praises his opponents! Proves he is a crap manager in a good league!

20th Sep 15 7:35 PM
Carax
Posts 626
Quote:
Again, we absolutely batter our opponents but fail to make it count, that's about the 6th time this season that this has happened and so it needs to be rectified ASAP.

An accomplished Championship striker would make the difference but they are hard to find.
My team in the game.

20th Sep 15 8:59 PM
bcagfc
Posts 154
Quote:

Cheque book champions?, that's rich coming from a club that continuously fails to pay their bills but then refuse to accept a 3m offer for Luongo in January.

Obviously you forgot we got 1.5m for Sam Baldock from Brighton, plus we saved millions on our wage bill by getting rid of Marvin Elliott, Stephen Pearson & Liam Fontaine who were on stupid money.

Kieran Agard cost 700k, Luke Freeman cost 300k, Korey Smith was a swap for Liam Kelly, Luke Ayling was a free, Derrick Williams was a free, Mark Little was on a free, Aaron Wilbraham was on a free....can't see many cheque book damaging fees there.

Steve Lansdown is prepared to splash the cash on fees but not on players wages, that's why players won't come.

Dwight Gayle & Andre Gray were offered 22k per week (IMO a club like ours can't afford that) but Gayle didn't want to leave the Premiership (totally understandable) and Gray wanted 30k plus clauses which would release himself for free if we were relegated at any time during his contract.

And as for we had it coming, we were the best team by far in League 1 last season and we didn't have to dive, cheat and get players purposely sent off to be successful.

20th Sep 15 9:13 PM
bcagfc
Posts 154
Quote:
Very true! Have you noticed on his post match interviews he always blames either the ref or his teams bad luck!! Never praises his opponents! Proves he is a crap manager in a good league!

We did have a lot of luck last season, all successful teams need it but it is certainly paying us back this season.

Steve Cotterill is a stubborn man (a bit like myself), I also have my doubts he's tactically up to the Championship but after the most successful season in our clubs history last season, I am prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt for now.

The referees we have had so far this season (and the lineswoman that gave the most ridiculous penalty against Leeds) have been poor. They've been conned by opposition players diving, feigning injury, time wasting and cheating but that's not the sort of game we play.

Think Swindle would fit right in with their on pitch antics.

20th Sep 15 9:15 PM
bcagfc
Posts 154
Quote:

It's the strict wage budget we have in place and players being greedy.

Our CEO has just been sacked as he was part of the team that dealt with transfers during the summer, he wasn't prepared to budge an inch on wages.

20th Sep 15 9:30 PM
Breadman40
Posts 33
The step up to championship is huge look at mighty millers struggle last year and this the gulf is getting wider as well

21st Sep 15 4:47 AM
Doink
Posts 114
Quote:
Cheque book champions?, that's rich coming from a club that continuously fails to pay their bills but then refuse to accept a 3m offer for Luongo in January.

Obviously you forgot we got 1.5m for Sam Baldock from Brighton, plus we saved millions on our wage bill by getting rid of Marvin Elliott, Stephen Pearson & Liam Fontaine who were on stupid money.

Kieran Agard cost 700k, Luke Freeman cost 300k, Korey Smith was a swap for Liam Kelly, Luke Ayling was a free, Derrick Williams was a free, Mark Little was on a free, Aaron Wilbraham was on a free....can't see many cheque book damaging fees there.

Steve Lansdown is prepared to splash the cash on fees but not on players wages, that's why players won't come.

Dwight Gayle & Andre Gray were offered 22k per week (IMO a club like ours can't afford that)

but Gayle didn't want to leave the Premiership (totally understandable) and Gray wanted 30k plus clauses which would release himself for free if we were relegated at any time during his contract.

And as for we had it coming, we were the best team by far in League 1 last season and we didn't have to dive, cheat and get players purposely sent off to be successful.

Wow!! That told me!!

21st Sep 15 1:50 PM
bcagfc_2nd
Posts 36
Quote:
Wow!! That told me!!

Sorry, somebody wound me up yesterday just before I logged in here.

21st Sep 15 7:37 PM
Breadman40
Posts 33
Agard helped us get into championship then we offloaded him

3rd Oct 15 7:46 PM
almahaza
Posts 297
Disappointing to draw against Cardiff today, definitely two points dropped. At least 'Boro lost.

3rd Oct 15 8:24 PM
bcagfc
Posts 154
Took the lead early on against MKD and then proceeded to miss 2 open goals during the 1st half, which we all knew would cost us.

2nd half, we didn't turn up, we looked completely knackered and sat deeper than the Titanic.......and the inevitable happened in added time.

We've had a nightmare 3 months since promotion, a poorly planned pre-season, a distinct lack of quality signings, our solid defence from last season is now more open than a 24/7 superstore and we're missing chances that even Bas Savage would score.......well perhaps not.

We are certainly in a relegation battle now, I've seen it too many times before to be in the Egyptian river (DiNile) about it. We need some experience ASAP.

17th Oct 15 7:24 PM
almahaza
Posts 297
Edging closer to safety. 25 points to go.

Not a classic, but it's always lovely to beat the champions of Europe in their own back yard. Looking forward to every game at the moment.

17th Oct 15 7:29 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,335
Quote:
Took the lead early on against MKD and then proceeded to miss 2 open goals during the 1st half, which we all knew would cost us.

2nd half, we didn't turn up, we looked completely knackered and sat deeper than the Titanic.......and the inevitable happened in added time.

We've had a nightmare 3 months since promotion, a poorly planned pre-season, a distinct lack of quality signings, our solid defence from last season is now more open than a 24/7 superstore and we're missing chances that even Bas Savage would score.......well perhaps not.

We are certainly in a relegation battle now, I've seen it too many times before to be in the Egyptian river (DiNile) about it. We need some experience ASAP.

Watched Bristol City play Forest last night.

What on earth are you lot doing down the bottom? I thought you played really well.

17th Oct 15 8:46 PM
stripey
Posts 6,157
Quote:
Edging closer to safety. 25 points to go.

Not a classic, but it's always lovely to beat the champions of Europe in their own back yard. Looking forward to every game at the moment.

Especially with Zamora back scoring goals for Brighton!

17th Oct 15 11:05 PM
almahaza
Posts 297
Quote:
Originally posted by stripey
Especially with Zamora back scoring goals for Brighton!
Oh that was something else. The bloke is a legend, I can't stop smiling.

18th Oct 15 8:29 AM
Ziggy
Posts 104
Unbeaten in the middle of October? Who are they and what has happened to the REAL Brighton and Hove Albion?

18th Oct 15 9:11 AM
samleeds99
Posts 102
Best away support that's been at Elland Road this year. But I feel we definitely should have had something out of the game. But yet again Rosler's tactics let us down again at home
No win at home now for 7 and a half months. And I've spent over £200 in that time!!

Copyright © 2024 - IAG Games Ltd. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Rules of game