ITSAGOAL.org - More than just a game
HomeManagerClubMatch daySquadTransfersLeagueCompetitionsStatisticsCommunityHelpShop

View forum thread

CREATE
Create your football club from the ground up and establish yourself as a football manager.
MANAGE
Manage every aspect of your football club from player transfers to squad training.
COMPETE
Go head to head with thousands of football managers from all over the world.
Football Leagues and Cups
21st Oct 15 11:54 PM
Hoopie
Posts 184
Quote:
Originally posted by almahaza
Zamora is a legend.

Oh Bobby Zamora, oh Bobby Zamora. Derby fans love that song, so much so, the Forest fans even sung it to them, lol.

22nd Oct 15 7:35 AM
Denny
Posts 377
Quote:
Wasn't it Evans that won you two successive promotions, then kept you in the Championship when you were favourites to go down at the beginning of the season? I thought he did quite well, given the resources.

He got successive promotions at Crawley Town too and didn't do a bad job there.

22nd Oct 15 7:40 AM
almahaza
Posts 297
Quote:
Originally posted by Denny
He got successive promotions at Crawley Town too and didn't do a bad job there.
....you can still understand why the Leeds fans are a bit unsure though!

22nd Oct 15 7:43 AM
mitchell
Posts 481
I'd be very happy with Evans as choice of manager...If he had any chance of being in the job for more than a few months.

22nd Oct 15 7:59 AM
Breadman40_2nd
Posts 18
It was matt darbyshire that kept us up not Evans he messes with the team too much, he bought a record buy for us and then sent him out on loan Evans got too big headed thinking he was a top 4 prem manager and that's why our chairman got rid of him after we had won 2 on the trot that tells you something, and when we won in playoffs at Wembley what did he do sell the player that got us promoted.

22nd Oct 15 8:43 AM
mitchell
Posts 481
It's ridiculous not to give credit to a manager who has achieved back to back promotions. Pointing out individual issues and things you perceive as mistakes is not greatly relevant, Alex Ferguson bought Jordy Cruyff and thought Wes Brown was worthy of being a professional footballer but it still doesn't take away the many many trophies he won.

22nd Oct 15 7:33 PM
Breadman40_2nd
Posts 18
Ok let's see what he does at leeds to prove my point, a great manager or one out of his depth

22nd Oct 15 9:08 PM
mitchell
Posts 481
I'm not sure the combined managerial prowess of Jose Mourinho, Alex Ferguson and Pep Guardiola could get much success with Leeds United right now to be honest, if Evans succeeds he's a miracle worker!

22nd Oct 15 9:53 PM
samleeds99
Posts 102
Quote:
Originally posted by mitchell
I'm not sure the combined managerial prowess of Jose Mourinho, Alex Ferguson and Pep Guardiola could get much success with Leeds United right now to be honest, if Evans succeeds he's a miracle worker!

Couldn't agree more

23rd Oct 15 5:16 PM
beeky
Posts 86
I would like to put my analytical football hat on and just say - Steve Evans is a fat mess.

So good to be a Wednesday fan atm.

23rd Oct 15 6:25 PM
wilson23
Posts 128
It's not the managers that are the problem, it's the disgrace of an owner.

He's a danger to our football club.

23rd Oct 15 7:19 PM
Breadman40
Posts 33
Beeky lets see about being an owl after your display at the mighty New York stadium on sky tonight

23rd Oct 15 9:57 PM
beeky
Posts 86
Quote:
Originally posted by Breadman40
Beeky lets see about being an owl after your display at the mighty New York stadium on sky tonight

Ahem... *cough cough* easy win *cough*

err..trying to think of something nice to say....Maguire still has class delivery

23rd Oct 15 10:40 PM
Breadman40
Posts 33
2 bad defensive mistake apart from that did any keeper have really any saves to make, I am impressed you now play the ball around instead of long kick and chase and your work rate when you don't have ball is brill wish we were like that. Well done on your win

24th Oct 15 9:15 AM
beeky
Posts 86
Quote:
Originally posted by Breadman40
2 bad defensive mistake apart from that did any keeper have really any saves to make, I am impressed you now play the ball around instead of long kick and chase and your work rate when you don't have ball is brill wish we were like that. Well done on your win

Cheers mate, I think Redfearn might do alright for you lot, hopefully he can keep you up so we still have a south yorks derby next season.

24th Oct 15 8:22 PM
almahaza
Posts 297
Slightly disappointing, if not totally unexpected, result today against PNE. Kayal and Stephens are the engine room of our team, take them out and we struggle. Hoping Bong's injury isn't serious he's been a revelation at left back so far this season.

Reading away next, got my tickets, looking forward to it.

26th Oct 15 9:42 PM
bcagfc
Posts 154
How we didn't win that game I don't know.

At the end of the day, we are not clinical enough at the moment.

Hopefully that doesn't cost us at the end of the season.

And another great showing by the Zyder army under bubble restrictions.

27th Oct 15 7:35 AM
almahaza
Posts 297
Quote:
Originally posted by bcagfc
How we didn't win that game I don't know.

At the end of the day, we are not clinical enough at the moment.

Hopefully that doesn't cost us at the end of the season.

And another great showing by the Zyder army under bubble restrictions.
I listened to the match on the radio, it sounded like you were the better team. Kodjia is getting some rave reviews at the moment, yet your problem seems to be scoring goals. Is he due a hatful or he is flattering to deceive?

How many made the trip in the end? all you could hear were Bristol chants!

27th Oct 15 4:15 PM
bcagfc_2nd
Posts 36
Quote:
I listened to the match on the radio, it sounded like you were the better team. Kodjia is getting some rave reviews at the moment, yet your problem seems to be scoring goals. Is he due a hatful or he is flattering to deceive?

How many made the trip in the end? all you could hear were Bristol chants!

Kodjia's problem at the moment is composure, which is a little confusing as some of his finishes in France were as cool as a polar bears bottom.

He's trying so hard to impress that he's snatching at chances instead of taking his time.....he should have had at least 2 last night.

He has learnt the English game quickly though, his work rate in the 1st few games was poor but now he's running channels and working defenders.....he'll get it right soon.

As for the Zyder Army, around 1,000 went last night.....they had to pick up their tickets from the OB at a M4 service station......Heddlu can't cope with us.

27th Oct 15 6:30 PM
almahaza
Posts 297
Quote:
Originally posted by bcagfc_2nd
Kodjia's problem at the moment is composure, which is a little confusing as some of his finishes in France were as cool as a polar bears bottom.

He's trying so hard to impress that he's snatching at chances instead of taking his time.....he should have had at least 2 last night.

He has learnt the English game quickly though, his work rate in the 1st few games was poor but now he's running channels and working defenders.....he'll get it right soon.

As for the Zyder Army, around 1,000 went last night.....they had to pick up their tickets from the OB at a M4 service station......Heddlu can't cope with us.
I heard about that. Pretty harsh on those that can't drive or wanted to take the train.

Football supporters are treated like criminals in this country, some of the hoops we have to jump through just to watch our teams are laughable. Don't these politicians remember the Magna Carta (did she die in vain!)

Copyright © 2024 - IAG Games Ltd. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Rules of game