ITSAGOAL.org - More than just a game
HomeManagerClubMatch daySquadTransfersLeagueCompetitionsStatisticsCommunityHelpShop

View forum thread

CREATE
Create your football club from the ground up and establish yourself as a football manager.
MANAGE
Manage every aspect of your football club from player transfers to squad training.
COMPETE
Go head to head with thousands of football managers from all over the world.
Club News, Results and Banter
26th Nov 19 8:05 AM
Spencer29
Posts 23
what is the biggest cup match of round 3 of supercup! Any big teams matched up!!?

26th Nov 19 9:00 AM
FootballManager
Posts 295
Quote:
Originally posted by Spencer29
what is the biggest cup match of round 3 of supercup! Any big teams matched up!!?

I'd say the biggest tie of the round is probably Lancastrian Redmen FC v Lola FC both ranked inside the top 20...will home advantage count?

26th Nov 19 10:01 AM
Spencer29
Posts 23
Does achieving board objectives help with club/manager ratings

26th Nov 19 6:11 PM
Bartmeteenc
Posts 606
Quote:
Originally posted by FootballManager
I'd say the biggest tie of the round is probably Lancastrian Redmen FC v Lola FC both ranked inside the top 20...will home advantage count?

I think it does!

Quote:
Originally posted by Spencer29
Does achieving board objectives help with club/manager ratings

Not at as far as I know!

18th Sep 20 4:44 PM
calvino_spark
Posts 328
Yeah, it's tough to make it through to the semi-finals. So I'm delighted to make it past a team and manager who has won the competition twice before.

I suspect my luck will soon run out!

20th Sep 20 8:08 AM
FulchesterUnited
Posts 373
Is it me or does the insmouth foundation seem a little like trying to kill a terminator? You beat one and the uprising of same manager virtually same team prob same tactics come at you again!

Fair dos to the insmouth franchise but is it me or does it seem a bit odd to have the two best teams in IAG run by the same manager?

Good luck in the final Kevin if one dosnt succeed youve always got a second chance/team.

20th Sep 20 11:00 AM
FootballManager
Posts 295
Quote:
Originally posted by FulchesterUnited
Is it me or does the insmouth foundation seem a little like trying to kill a terminator? You beat one and the uprising of same manager virtually same team prob same tactics come at you again!

Fair dos to the insmouth franchise but is it me or does it seem a bit odd to have the two best teams in IAG run by the same manager?

Good luck in the final Kevin if one dosnt succeed youve always got a second chance/team.

Nothing like being glass half full

You are not far off being able to do the same with your first and second teams and certainly would not be complaining if you had both this far in the cup.

Best of luck to both teams in the final today!

20th Sep 20 11:49 AM
TopGun2
Posts 568
Quote:

Far from odd, I'd say it's entirely expected. The best managers will rise to the top no matter what their starting point and Kevin's two teams being so good is proof of that. It's up to the rest of us to find a way to topple them.

20th Sep 20 2:23 PM
FulchesterUnited
Posts 373
Quote:
Originally posted by FootballManager
Nothing like being glass half full

You are not far off being able to do the same with your first and second teams and certainly would not be complaining if you had both this far in the cup.

Best of luck to both teams in the final today!

But ive always stated if I get a top 5 team I would hand it over to someone else to have a bit of fun.

Having two of the best teams filled with 90rated players is somewhat different than my 2nd team best player being 81.

20th Sep 20 2:27 PM
FulchesterUnited
Posts 373
Quote:
Originally posted by TopGun2
Far from odd, I'd say it's entirely expected. The best managers will rise to the top no matter what their starting point and Kevin's two teams being so good is proof of that. It's up to the rest of us to find a way to topple them.

I?m not surprised what I mean is, is it good for the game?

This is relevant to all 2nd teams taken up positions in top 10.

20th Sep 20 2:29 PM
FootballManager
Posts 295
Quote:
But ive always stated if I get a top 5 team I would hand it over to someone else to have a bit of fun.

Having two of the best teams filled with 90rated players is somewhat different than my 2nd team best player being 81.

You are still making good progress, with your second team making the Quarter Finals a couple of seasons ago.

Either way, congratulations on the win today.

20th Sep 20 7:02 PM
AKRAZY
Posts 229
Quote:
I?m not surprised what I mean is, is it good for the game?

This is relevant to all 2nd teams taken up positions in top 10.

I agree, there should be set leagues for 2nd teams and should be capped to a certain ratings.. aka, 75 cap, allowing maybe 2-3 players to be above this rating but none above 80 for example.

I think it would be good for the game for managers that manage two teams to be in certain leagues aka, Eng/Ger/Italy/Spain/Scotland for 1st teams and Nig/Bra/Ire/Jap/Usa for 2nd teams.

I think it would be unfair to shuffle managers about now though, but I think its good to have the ideas out just incase theres ever game developments and a reset. but doesn't look likely in the near future, I will be capping my 2nd team anyways though.

20th Sep 20 10:34 PM
Lovemaster
Posts 486
Quote:

I see you won the most prestigious trophy in the game. (for the 8th time)
Well done.
More than most managers, (98%) will never even taste that feeling.
Be happy with where you are.
Oh, and well done...again.

20th Sep 20 11:04 PM
FulchesterUnited
Posts 373
Quote:
Originally posted by Lovemaster
I see you won the most prestigious trophy in the game. (for the 8th time)
Well done.
Be happy with where you are.
Oh, and well done...again.

Im obviously very happy where Im at but Im getting the feeling im in the minority when it comes to the same managers co owning clubs.

I just feel it would be a more exciting game with say the top 20/30 teams with all different managers. Different styles, tactics etc.

6th Jan 21 8:51 PM
ronaldstothard
Posts 18
Furthest I have ever been in the IAG Cup, and possibly a chance to make the semis. Money will come in hndy for replacing some of my retirees!

6th Jan 21 9:42 PM
pleasant_2nd
Posts 1,193
Quote:
Originally posted by ronaldstothard
Furthest I have ever been in the IAG Cup, and possibly a chance to make the semis. Money will come in hndy for replacing some of my retirees!

Furthest for me too!

I have the small matter of the Cadavers 'away' in the quarters.

7th Jan 21 4:40 PM
ronaldstothard
Posts 18
Quote:
Originally posted by pleasant_2nd
Furthest for me too!

I have the small matter of the Cadavers 'away' in the quarters.

Good luck brother.

7th Jan 21 5:02 PM
pleasant_2nd
Posts 1,193
Quote:
Good luck brother.

And you!

(Shhh... don't tell anyone but I'll be sending the boys round to his place tonight... It's the only chance I've got! )

8th Jan 21 2:01 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,331
Quote:
Originally posted by pleasant_2nd

(Shhh... don't tell anyone but I'll be sending the boys round to his place tonight... It's the only chance I've got! )

I think the boys got lost...

9th Jan 21 11:51 PM
satellite360
Posts 228
Quote:
Furthest I have ever been in the IAG Cup,

Certainly the furthest for me too! Just the small matter of dispatching of Newcastle in the final and we win our first bit of silverware

After checking the match preview I can't claim to be quietly confident but I'm sure there must have been bigger upsets than this in the past and if not there is always a first time.

Good luck in the final, bigtyksen, just be sure to score fewer goals than us

Copyright © 2024 - IAG Games Ltd. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Rules of game