ITSAGOAL.org - More than just a game
HomeManagerClubMatch daySquadTransfersLeagueCompetitionsStatisticsCommunityHelpShop

View forum thread

CREATE
Create your football club from the ground up and establish yourself as a football manager.
MANAGE
Manage every aspect of your football club from player transfers to squad training.
COMPETE
Go head to head with thousands of football managers from all over the world.
Football Leagues and Cups
22nd Aug 15 11:55 AM
beeky
Posts 86
The Championship
May as well get this thread going for all Championship team bantz before the early kick off.

Big Yorkshire derby today - Leeds v The Wednesday

Come on you blue and white wizards!

22nd Aug 15 12:00 PM
Killy
Posts 33
Quote:
Originally posted by beeky
May as well get this thread going for all Championship team bantz before the early kick off.

Big Yorkshire derby today - Leeds v The Wednesday

Come on you blue and white wizards!

Should be a good fixture to kick off the Weekend Championship fixtures. Though surely Wednesday should be able to take advantage of Leeds, given that they have played four games over the past 10 days....

But I'm just concerned with Forest beating Bolton today.

22nd Aug 15 12:03 PM
bluelightning
Posts 206
Screw this, come on Leeds. MOT!

22nd Aug 15 2:55 PM
Killy
Posts 33
Mathias' volley was a stunner, though I still felt that Leeds could have taken the match late on.

22nd Aug 15 3:55 PM
Ziggy
Posts 104
Brighton have just taken the lead at home to Blackburn Rovers. Kick-off delayed due to a plane crash on the A27.

22nd Aug 15 5:20 PM
beeky
Posts 86
Yeah think we were luck to take a point from that game, the defending for Leeds equalizer was terrible.. but what a stunner from Mathias!

22nd Aug 15 5:21 PM
Killy
Posts 33
Trust Stephen Dobbie to come back and haunt Forest yet again with another goal that denies us a win

As if his goal for Blackpool in the Play-off semi's a few years back wasn't enough...

22nd Aug 15 7:53 PM
bcagfc
Posts 154
Great win for the Zyder Army today as we continue to be Boro's jinx side.

We have played well in every game (except Wendy away) and deserved better results than we have picked up.

So today was a little payback.

I wouldn't want to be in Andre Gray's boots next Saturday.

22nd Aug 15 7:59 PM
Killy
Posts 33
Quote:
Originally posted by bcagfc
Great win for the Zyder Army today as we continue to be Boro's jinx side.

We have played well in every game (except Wendy away) and deserved better results than we have picked up.

So today was a little payback.

I wouldn't want to be in Andre Gray's boots next Saturday.

Found it surprising the amount of money City were willing to part with for Gray's services, but still I guess he'll have to justify that price tag to Burnley.

I still think it is a ridiculous fee.

22nd Aug 15 8:25 PM
bcagfc
Posts 154
Quote:
Originally posted by Killy
Found it surprising the amount of money City were willing to part with for Gray's services, but still I guess he'll have to justify that price tag to Burnley.

I still think it is a ridiculous fee.

It was a ridiculous fee, Gayle & Gray are not worth anywhere near 9m (although bids did have add ons).

But English players have a premium these days, especially ones that can score at a rate of 1 in every 2 games or more.

We desperately need a proven Championship striker though and if it costs that much, we'll have to pay it.

Our owner is a Billionaire and so has the cash and with the FFP rules changing this season/the QPR debacle and a potential £4m windfall if Bolasie moves, the 9m would be covered anyway.

I also think he is trying to make a statement to the football world, that we are on the up and prepared to spend big.

By all accounts, Andre Gray was prepared to sign as long as he had get out clauses in his contract, if we ever got relegated again. In other words, he wanted to be released on a free if we went down.

22nd Aug 15 8:31 PM
Killy
Posts 33
Quote:
It was a ridiculous fee, Gayle & Gray are not worth anywhere near 9m (although bids did have add ons).

But English players have a premium these days, especially ones that can score at a rate of 1 in every 2 games or more.

We desperately need a proven Championship striker though and if it costs that much, we'll have to pay it.

Our owner is a Billionaire and so has the cash and with the FFP rules changing this season/the QPR debacle and a potential £4m windfall if Bolasie moves, the 9m would be covered anyway.

I also think he is trying to make a statement to the football world, that we are on the up and prepared to spend big.

By all accounts, Andre Gray was prepared to sign as long as he had get out clauses in his contract, if we ever got relegated again. In other words, he wanted to be released on a free if we went down.

Oh yeah, of course add-ons would be implemented. Trouble is that even with add ons plenty of clubs at Championship levels still take great risks in paying that much. I mean Forest paid a record fee for Assombalonga, and even with our 'cash-cow' owner we still managed to get hit with a transfer embargo last January for not being able to pay Peterborough part of the installment.

Now I see why, as the club breached FFP regulations for losing more than we were entitled too.

But yeah, big signings announce big intentions. But they can have the opposite effect should they back fire.

Still, after today's result against Boro I imagine City will be able to locate the goal scorer they need this season.

22nd Aug 15 11:22 PM
eMJay
Posts 3
just our luck Killy, finally get a mega rich (if slightly mad) owner, and they bring rules in to punish us when he starts spending his money..

23rd Aug 15 8:45 AM
ozzymac
Posts 2,877
Quote:

You can have Danny Graham

23rd Aug 15 9:28 PM
Breadman40
Posts 33
Well at least we are strongest team in championship holding all of you up the mighty millers, is any other team playing home and away with one man up front then wondering why we not winning, let's hope Norwich come to us on Tuesday with their kids

23rd Aug 15 9:32 PM
Killy
Posts 33
Quote:
Originally posted by eMJay
just our luck Killy, finally get a mega rich (if slightly mad) owner, and they bring rules in to punish us when he starts spending his money..

Don't worry, other mega rich clubs such as Man City and PSG were punished with transfer embargo's when they broke the FFP rules... oh wait

Though I was hoping that the Vydra to Forest (on loan) rumors actually had some truth to them.

24th Aug 15 12:53 AM
samleeds99
Posts 102
Quote:
Originally posted by Killy
Don't worry, other mega rich clubs such as Man City and PSG were punished with transfer embargo's when they broke the FFP rules... oh wait

Though I was hoping that the Vydra to Forest (on loan) rumors actually had some truth to them.

Doubt Watford would let Vydra leave aswell if they're letting Foresteri come to us... Who knows.

Foresteri is a class signing, 3 mill, for a proven, tricky, winger/striker who will score goals. Just need a centre back and I can see us challenging this season.

Silvestri
Byram Moore (hopefully) Bamba Taylor
Adeyemi
Cook Mowatt
Foresteri Wood Dallas

Turnbull, Cooper, Beradi, Murphy, Phillips, Antenucci, Erwin

Now that is a quality first 11 and I'd be happy with any of the bench coming on aswell!!

29th Aug 15 10:20 PM
bcagfc_2nd
Posts 36
Quote:
Originally posted by ozzymac
You can have Danny Graham

He'll do.

AGAIN, not sure how we lost that today. Completely outplayed them 1st half but they get 2 corners and score from both of them, we should have been 3 or 4 up by then. 2nd half they shut the game up well.

We are in desperate need of a consistent Championship quality striker, a back up central midfield player, a left wing back and an experienced centre back. We are a very young side and it shows.

We have the cash but we won't pay the stupid wages, so we'll have to snap up the young stars from the lower divisions/non league (Gayle & Gray prove they are out there) before anyone else nabs them.

Overall, other than the Wendy debacle where we were pathetic, I am very pleased with the football we are playing but we have to turn that domination into goals, because in this division, players are clinical.

31st Aug 15 11:59 AM
Welliton
Posts 27
We are still unbeaten! CCFC!

31st Aug 15 12:57 PM
bcagfc
Posts 154
Quote:
Originally posted by Welliton
We are still unbeaten! CCFC!

I see your humiliation against us will be beamed live to the nation.

31st Aug 15 1:06 PM
Welliton
Posts 27
Quote:
I see your humiliation against us will be beamed live to the nation.

Excited

Copyright © 2024 - IAG Games Ltd. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Rules of game