ITSAGOAL.org - More than just a game
HomeManagerClubMatch daySquadTransfersLeagueCompetitionsStatisticsCommunityHelpShop

View forum thread

CREATE
Create your football club from the ground up and establish yourself as a football manager.
MANAGE
Manage every aspect of your football club from player transfers to squad training.
COMPETE
Go head to head with thousands of football managers from all over the world.
Off Topic
5th Sep 16 11:09 PM
ozzymac
Posts 2,877
Played 9 yesterday and am heading out again today. Shot 45, Tee shots were great (apart from 1 of them) but trustworthy 7 iron let me down

6th Sep 16 7:12 AM
Denny
Posts 377
Quote:
Originally posted by ozzymac
Played 9 yesterday and am heading out again today. Shot 45, Tee shots were great (apart from 1 of them) but trustworthy 7 iron let me down

Full summary of round expected then...!

6th Sep 16 9:31 PM
ozzymac
Posts 2,877
Quote:
Originally posted by Denny
Full summary of round expected then...!

Not really worth summarising Denny.

Couple of great drives, Couple of nice approach shots and quite a few garbage shots to finish with a 48.

Had 1 birdie amd 3 par putts and ballsed them all up

7th Sep 16 6:48 AM
zfreez
Posts 15
The kids an I (fathers day gift)had a blast, a fine nines of hole drain lying
the only birdie I got was the one in the tree

..thank you very much 55
haha shot my age beat that

7th Sep 16 9:08 AM
Hoopie
Posts 184
First whole round in over 3 weeks, was surprised with a 4 over 76. Game was a lot better than expected. I had lost those 4 shots by the 8th, so happy to do the last 10 in level.

Had 4 putts lip out on me as well, but did make a couple of nice ones, so I guess it evens out.

7th Sep 16 9:14 AM
ozzymac
Posts 2,877
Quote:
Originally posted by Hoopie
First whole round in over 3 weeks, was surprised with a 4 over 76. Game was a lot better than expected. I had lost those 4 shots by the 8th, so happy to do the last 10 in level.

Had 4 putts lip out on me as well, but did make a couple of nice ones, so I guess it evens out.

Sounds like you did well after you warmed up

I just couldn't hit it consistently. It was either great drive, rubbish approach or vice versa. Had no less than 2 putts every green which was disappointing.

Back out again tomorrow if the weather holds.

7th Sep 16 10:47 AM
Hoopie
Posts 184
Quote:

I just couldn't hit it consistently. It was either great drive, rubbish approach or vice versa.

As sure as night follows day, your best drive is followed up by your worst approach. So annoying.

7th Sep 16 9:12 PM
stripey
Posts 6,152
Quote:

Sometimes a short layoff can work wonders - clears a few rubbish swing thoughts out of the mind, and you can start with a blank canvas and no particular expectations.

8th Sep 16 10:44 AM
simondo68
Posts 23
Quote:

Nice, I would imagine that the frustration never goes though on a round, the better you get just means you get frustrated about shots many would be very happy with.

Out for 18 holes this afternoon and again on Sunday morning and want to get under the 85 to see progress continuing

8th Sep 16 2:18 PM
Hoopie
Posts 184
Quote:
Originally posted by simondo68
Nice, I would imagine that the frustration never goes though on a round, the better you get just means you get frustrated about shots many would be very happy with.

Doesn't get any less frustrating, that is for sure, maybe even more as your expectations are higher.

Often a better golfer doesn't hit better shots, he just hits less bad ones. I hit shots that a beginner would cringe at, I just hit fewer of them. Also dull golf is good golf. Fairway, green, 2 putts = par. Do that 18 times and you are a top golfer. Nothing exciting there.

8th Sep 16 10:56 PM
simondo68
Posts 23
92 today, 4 over on front nine but went to pieces on the easier back nine, to be fair we followed the green keeper around preparing the greens for winter and played to beaches instead of greens so head dropped a little. Play around greens improved to the point it was strongest part of my game today, minor changes with big results, roll on Sunday

8th Sep 16 11:00 PM
ozzymac
Posts 2,877
Quote:
Originally posted by simondo68
92 today, 4 over on front nine but went to pieces on the easier back nine, to be fair we followed the green keeper around preparing the greens for winter and played to beaches instead of greens so head dropped a little. Play around greens improved to the point it was strongest part of my game today, minor changes with big results, roll on Sunday

Gotta be happy with the front nine Simon.

I played 9 yesterday and managed to avoid the heavy rain we had. 3 over for the last 5 holes but we won't talk about the first 4

Off out again today

8th Sep 16 11:03 PM
simondo68
Posts 23
Quote:
Gotta be happy with the front nine Simon.

I played 9 yesterday and managed to avoid the heavy rain we had. 3 over for the last 5 holes but we won't talk about the first 4

Off out again today

I was really pleases as it included a 3 off the tee triple bogey, sorting the approach to green from within 100 yards is a game changer, hope it lasts. Have a good game

11th Sep 16 8:14 AM
TopGun2
Posts 569
I'm getting back into golf, starting with 9 holes round our local [forgiving] course. Anything sub 50 will be a success.

11th Sep 16 11:11 AM
TopGun2
Posts 569
Quote:
Originally posted by TopGun2
I'm getting back into golf, starting with 9 holes round our local [forgiving] course. Anything sub 50 will be a success.

Ah, an annoying 55, blighted by a 9 on the 5th and a 4 putt 6 on the last (birdie putt and end up with a double grrrr)

11th Sep 16 9:45 PM
Hoopie
Posts 184
Quote:
Originally posted by TopGun2
Ah, an annoying 55, blighted by a 9 on the 5th and a 4 putt 6 on the last (birdie putt and end up with a double grrrr)

You got excited and walked off feeling stupid. We all do it!

11th Sep 16 9:50 PM
Hoopie
Posts 184
First medal round in quite a few weeks.

Started par, par, double, birdie, birdie, bogey so 1 over after 6, then came home in pars with one more bogey and birdie each.

Gross 73 with the CSS at 73 moves me down 0.3 to 0.1 away from my best ever h/c.

3 of the 4 dropped shots were due to pulled drives, the other a sloppy approach shot. Putter was on fire, I sunk some decent yardage today, always satisfying.

11th Sep 16 10:05 PM
DonKilla
Posts 24
Quote:
You got excited and walked off feeling stupid. We all do it!

Only you do it! No body else would think off such astrosities!iloveme

12th Sep 16 10:09 AM
stripey
Posts 6,152
Quote:
First medal round in quite a few weeks.

Started par, par, double, birdie, birdie, bogey so 1 over after 6, then came home in pars with one more bogey and birdie each.

Gross 73 with the CSS at 73 moves me down 0.3 to 0.1 away from my best ever h/c.

3 of the 4 dropped shots were due to pulled drives, the other a sloppy approach shot. Putter was on fire, I sunk some decent yardage today, always satisfying.

Nice work, Hoopie, especially the birdies to get back the two shots you lost at the third. Does that mean you're almost down to 2?

12th Sep 16 10:16 AM
Hoopie
Posts 184
Quote:
Originally posted by stripey
Nice work, Hoopie, especially the birdies to get back the two shots you lost at the third. Does that mean you're almost down to 2?

No 2.9 has been my lowest, on exactly 3.0 now. I think this is my limit to be fair, I am bouncing between 3 and 4. My short game is good at the moment, but my long game is just not solid enough to get lower.

Always making swing changes, current changes are working, but the odd wild shot just kills me (double bogey). Need less errors!

Copyright © 2024 - IAG Games Ltd. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Rules of game