ITSAGOAL.org - More than just a game
HomeManagerClubMatch daySquadTransfersLeagueCompetitionsStatisticsCommunityHelpShop

View forum thread

CREATE
Create your football club from the ground up and establish yourself as a football manager.
MANAGE
Manage every aspect of your football club from player transfers to squad training.
COMPETE
Go head to head with thousands of football managers from all over the world.
Off Topic
24th Sep 16 10:47 PM
Hoopie
Posts 184
Closest I have had was into a raised green par 3. Could not see the base of the flag but ball was all over it.

Got to the green and ball was 3 inched short, but the pitch mark was 3 inches long, with only the flag and hole in the way. No idea how it could not have gone in.

24th Sep 16 10:49 PM
ozzymac
Posts 2,877
Quote:
Originally posted by Hoopie
Closest I have had was into a raised green par 3. Could not see the base of the flag but ball was all over it.

Got to the green and ball was 3 inched short, but the pitch mark was 3 inches long, with only the flag and hole in the way. No idea how it could not have gone in.

That's a cruel hop

24th Sep 16 10:54 PM
stripey
Posts 6,150
Quote:
Originally posted by ozzymac
That's a cruel hop

Indeed. I've had one that took a gouge out of the lip, but stayed out.
Luckily I have had two that went in, both a long time ago.

24th Sep 16 10:54 PM
Hoopie
Posts 184
Quote:
Originally posted by stripey
Indeed. I've had one that took a gouge out of the lip, but stayed out.
Luckily I have had two that went in, both a long time ago.

Two, that is just greedy.

24th Sep 16 11:03 PM
stripey
Posts 6,150
Quote:
Two, that is just greedy.

What about Art Wall's hoard, then?

25th Sep 16 1:41 AM
ozzymac
Posts 2,877
A nice 9 holes but alternated between par double then bogey for the first 6 holes.

3 birdie putts and all missed

The 8th and 9th let me down and i finished 12 over for 9

25th Sep 16 8:03 AM
Hoopie
Posts 184
Quote:
What about Art Wall's hoard, then?

American hole-in-ones don't count. They include dropping 10 balls on a tee in a practice round, if the 7th goes in they knock it up as a hole-in-one. I call that a hole-in-13!

Got to be your first hit.

25th Sep 16 2:43 PM
Denny
Posts 377
Pitched in from the bunker today - didn't even bounce.

25th Sep 16 3:01 PM
stripey
Posts 6,150
Quote:
American hole-in-ones don't count. They include dropping 10 balls on a tee in a practice round, if the 7th goes in they knock it up as a hole-in-one. I call that a hole-in-13!

Got to be your first hit.

I agree.

But surely Art's were the real thing, Hoopie. He was famous for sinking over 40 holes-in-one.

25th Sep 16 3:02 PM
stripey
Posts 6,150
Quote:
Originally posted by Denny
Pitched in from the bunker today - didn't even bounce.

Nice.
Birdie?

25th Sep 16 3:44 PM
Denny
Posts 377
Quote:
Nice.
Birdie?

Yup. First time I've chipped in from anywhere where it's literally gone straight in without hitting the turf. Very good feeling.

25th Sep 16 4:06 PM
stripey
Posts 6,150
Quote:
Originally posted by Denny
Yup. First time I've chipped in from anywhere where it's literally gone straight in without hitting the turf. Very good feeling.

It makes a delicious sound, too!

25th Sep 16 7:51 PM
Hoopie
Posts 184
Quote:
I agree.

But surely Art's were the real thing, Hoopie. He was famous for sinking over 40 holes-in-one.

I am sure many were the real thing, I bet many weren't.

I am only guessing of course

26th Sep 16 12:34 AM
zfreez
Posts 15
Quote:
Not sure I fully understand (text speak and all) but are you saying you aced it, but the guys in front had taken the flag out as it got near?

If so I would say it is still an ace as they were not part of your group. That said I am not sure.

No!

Sorry, Its a call over hole or call up hole (keeps the rest of the field movin)

Usually the folks in front call you up to play, an normal stand outside the green.

For some odd reason the Asian Gent must of got excited an pulled the flag out, thinking it was going in, which it didnt ...the pitch mark was about 6-8 inchs away, so no real telling (IF) it would've or wouldn't gone in, if the flag hadn't been removed.

The two members, I was with reckon it was a dead cert (ace , if only)!

anyways I got 3 golf balls out of it , as I was in the pros two's

26th Sep 16 8:51 AM
Hoopie
Posts 184
Quote:
Originally posted by zfreez
No!

Sorry, Its a call over hole or call up hole (keeps the rest of the field movin)

Usually the folks in front call you up to play, an normal stand outside the green.

For some odd reason the Asian Gent must of got excited an pulled the flag out, thinking it was going in, which it didnt ...the pitch mark was about 6-8 inchs away, so no real telling (IF) it would've or wouldn't gone in, if the flag hadn't been removed.

The two members, I was with reckon it was a dead cert (ace , if only)!

anyways I got 3 golf balls out of it , as I was in the pros two's

Ah, I get you now.

You'll never know whether that would have gone in, that is even more annoying than actually missing.

Nice shot all the same

26th Sep 16 9:19 AM
simondo68
Posts 23
Nearly a very good round yesterday, 39 front 9 but didn't get the rub back 9 and a few dissapointing shots to finish with 86. Trying to introduce Micklesons hinge and hold around the greens which is costing a few shots, great when it comes off, not so great when it doesn't

26th Sep 16 9:32 AM
stripey
Posts 6,150
R.I.P. Arnold Palmer, 1929 - 2016

Possibly the most exciting player to watch, a highly charismatic person who revitalised the Open. I saw him at two Opens - the first was at Troon in 1973, when I rushed to the Postage Stamp hole, only to see him go from bunker to bunker and get a quadruple bogey. The last time was a glorious day at Turnberry in 1977, when he got a string of birdies and went out in 30.

26th Sep 16 9:52 AM
stripey
Posts 6,150
Quote:
Originally posted by simondo68
Nearly a very good round yesterday, 39 front 9 but didn't get the rub back 9 and a few dissapointing shots to finish with 86. Trying to introduce Micklesons hinge and hold around the greens which is costing a few shots, great when it comes off, not so great when it doesn't

Ah, so not far from a nice sub-80, then, Simon.
I would think that those special techniques take a lot of practice to master, though.

26th Sep 16 2:15 PM
Hoopie
Posts 184
Quote:
Originally posted by simondo68

Difficult to argue with Phil, but I would suggest you'd be better off using a PW, 9i or 8i round the green when you can. Almost like a putting stroke rather than a clever chip.

Your bad shots will be less bad this way. If you have amazing feel like Phil, then fine, but most mere mortals don't.

I default to PW, 9i or 8i, same shot with all 3, just changes depending on distance. When they are not possible (rough, bunker in the way, etc) then use his chip technique. Keeping that left arm straight in line with the wedge is crucial.

I play around with the PW, 9i and 8i depending on shot, forward in stance to add more carry, back in stance if need to get running quicker. I just know my bad shot will not be that bad. Using Phil's method my bad shot can be very bad.

26th Sep 16 2:19 PM
Hoopie
Posts 184
Quote:
Possibly the most exciting player to watch, a highly charismatic person who revitalised the Open. I saw him at two Opens - the first was at Troon in 1973, when I rushed to the Postage Stamp hole, only to see him go from bunker to bunker and get a quadruple bogey. The last time was a glorious day at Turnberry in 1977, when he got a string of birdies and went out in 30.

He was before my time in golfing interest terms. But for sure one of the true greats and more importantly one of the true gents of the game.

Palmer, Nicklaus and Player we'll never see that 3 ball again, that is sad.

Copyright © 2024 - IAG Games Ltd. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Rules of game