ITSAGOAL.org - More than just a game
HomeManagerClubMatch daySquadTransfersLeagueCompetitionsStatisticsCommunityHelpShop

View forum thread

CREATE
Create your football club from the ground up and establish yourself as a football manager.
MANAGE
Manage every aspect of your football club from player transfers to squad training.
COMPETE
Go head to head with thousands of football managers from all over the world.
Off Topic
2nd Jun 16 4:09 PM
Hoopie
Posts 184
Quote:
Originally posted by ozzymac
There's another version which is a team event. 3 players: one has a wood, another an iron and the 3rd a putter. Players take turns with their shots using the one club they have.

Always a laugh

I do something similar with mates on a par 5. Before you start the hole you must allocate which clubs and which order you will take

i.e.

1. Driver.
2. 6 iron
3. SW
4+ putter

Makes you concentrate!

2nd Jun 16 6:39 PM
BubbaGump
Posts 473
Man I need to get a round in soon... Spent an absolute fortune 2 years ago and then my new job crippled my time

2nd Jun 16 8:58 PM
stripey
Posts 6,151
Quote:
Originally posted by Hoopie
I do something similar with mates on a par 5. Before you start the hole you must allocate which clubs and which order you will take

i.e.

1. Driver.
2. 6 iron
3. SW
4+ putter

Makes you concentrate!

Must be good for a laugh if someone puts their third shot into the sand.

2nd Jun 16 10:05 PM
Hoopie
Posts 184
Quote:
Originally posted by stripey
Must be good for a laugh if someone puts their third shot into the sand.

Even better when the tee shot ends up in the woods. Left with a 6i, SW and putter to get to the green.

2nd Jun 16 10:09 PM
stripey
Posts 6,151
Quote:
Even better when the tee shot ends up in the woods. Left with a 6i, SW and putter to get to the green.

It's horribly easy to break a modern putter when you're trying to thump it 100 yards. If I was playing one of those games I might bring out a really old-fashioned club for putting.

4th Jun 16 9:45 PM
stripey
Posts 6,151
One club only for today's round.
Had a couple of triple bogeys where I got out of position in the rough, and paid the penalty, as my chosen club was a 19 degree hybrid, but overall I scored better than with a 6-iron and putter. Great fun, and got round in 90 minutes!

4th Jun 16 10:35 PM
JustSuper
Posts 25
Can i post my experiances of golf on video games here?

4th Jun 16 10:39 PM
stripey
Posts 6,151
Quote:
Originally posted by JustSuper
Can i post my experiances of golf on video games here?

Go on, Super, why not? Have you given up Minecraft, then?

5th Jun 16 12:18 AM
JustSuper
Posts 25
Quote:
Go on, Super, why not? Have you given up Minecraft, then?

No, haveing said that i have not played it properly for 4 months. I was gonna talk about a part of a game which included mini golf but i think i should keep it to myself or i am endangered of becoming judged

5th Jun 16 7:35 AM
stripey
Posts 6,151
No need to worry, Super; the golf thread is a friendly place.

5th Jun 16 8:52 AM
Hoopie
Posts 184
I do like a bit of holiday mini golf, always feels like a holiday activity.

Have a competition later today (real golf not mini) my last comp was really frustrating. Played badly but was sinking putts all over the place. Ended up with 6 birdies, 2 lost balls and 3 bogies.

Sink those putts when playing well and you score low, although rarely do all the parts of your game work at the same time. Been doing a lot of swing changes this year so can't really expect anything other than inconsistency.

Forecast is for sunshine later, looks like it may be a cracking day for it.

5th Jun 16 8:07 PM
Hoopie
Posts 184
Hit some booooming drives today but the short game let me down for once. Usually the short game bails me out. Couldn't get the ball to the hole, argh.

4 birdies, 8 bogeys, rest pars. 4 over 76.

11th Jun 16 10:28 PM
stripey
Posts 6,151
You must be a scratch golfer, or very close to it, Hoopie.

11th Jun 16 11:38 PM
Hoopie
Posts 184
3, which believe me is nowhere near scratch!

Working really hard on swing changes which are kind of working. Just my rounds are now so inconsistent. When it works it is great, when it doesn't it goes horribly wrong. Still, I enjoy the challenge of trying to get better.

No golf this weekend, but have a competition Wednesday

17th Jun 16 12:08 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,333
All you golf afficiandos enthoosiests players. Are there a highlights show on TV anywhere?

17th Jun 16 10:38 PM
stripey
Posts 6,151
Quote:
Originally posted by pleasantsurprise
All you golf players. Are there a highlights show on TV anywhere?

"Are there"??

Unlike you to make a grammatical error, PS.

Anyway, to your point: I don't think so, at least not on free TV.

RANT
The BBC used to show the US Open and the USPGA, as well as the Masters, which it still does, and the Open championship, which it has abandoned. The BBC does not support golf.

17th Jun 16 10:39 PM
stripey
Posts 6,151
Quote:
3, which believe me is nowhere near scratch!

Working really hard on swing changes which are kind of working. Just my rounds are now so inconsistent. When it works it is great, when it doesn't it goes horribly wrong. Still, I enjoy the challenge of trying to get better.

No golf this weekend, but have a competition Wednesday

Yes, I know it would take you a lot of great rounds just to drop those three strokes, but 3 is a really impressive handicap.

17th Jun 16 11:25 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,333
Quote:
"Are there"??

Unlike you to make a grammatical error, PS.

Anyway, to your point: I don't think so, at least not on free TV.

[/u]
The BBC used to show the US Open and the USPGA, as well as the Masters, which it still does, and the Open championship, which it has abandoned. The BBC does not support golf.

Ah, changed the sentence set up half way through but forgot to change the start. Shame on me...

2nd Jul 16 10:55 PM
Denny
Posts 377
Playing a round tomorrow morning so I'll report back after. Can't compete with Hoopie's scores, unfortunately...

3rd Jul 16 9:20 AM
Hoopie
Posts 184
Quote:
Originally posted by Denny
Playing a round tomorrow morning so I'll report back after. Can't compete with Hoopie's scores, unfortunately...

Oh you can. Had the club champs yesterday and got beaten up by both the course and the wind. Morning round I played badly and scored badly. Afternoon round I played better but still scored badly. Morning round I couldn't get off the tee. Afternoon round I gave shots away with my chipping, usually a strong part of my game.

I look forward to the club champs every year and every year I seem to get beaten up. Back to the drawing board.

Ended up 11th, but way too many shots behind the leaders.

Look at Rory yesterday, 40 front 9, 30 back 9... amazing how you can be both useless and brilliant in the same round. Frustrating game golf, but if it was easy you wouldn't bother.

Copyright © 2024 - IAG Games Ltd. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Rules of game