ITSAGOAL.org - More than just a game
HomeManagerClubMatch daySquadTransfersLeagueCompetitionsStatisticsCommunityHelpShop

View forum thread

CREATE
Create your football club from the ground up and establish yourself as a football manager.
MANAGE
Manage every aspect of your football club from player transfers to squad training.
COMPETE
Go head to head with thousands of football managers from all over the world.
Off Topic
8th Mar 17 10:28 AM
scotty1962
Posts 3,249
Quote:
Originally posted by Hoopie
Power fade, sounds even better!

Should have said move your hands back as well as the club head. You are pretending to hit a ball further back than it really is. Revolutionised my driving that tip.

Il give it a try, nothing to lose.

And yes, Il pop down the nearest driving range first before I hit the golf course !!

11th Mar 17 2:35 PM
Hoopie
Posts 184
Went with the Driver, 7i and SW.

However, no combo of 3 clubs could have saved me today. Topped a couple of drives, I never do that. That absolutely kills the best laid plans. Once you fall behind on the card you are doomed in this challenge, lost interest and fell away.

Was hitting some nice 7i shots by the end, but too little too late.

Next year I will do better!

13th Mar 17 11:26 PM
Trickyuk
Posts 185
Quote:
Power fade, sounds even better!

Should have said move your hands back as well as the club head. You are pretending to hit a ball further back than it really is. Revolutionised my driving that tip.

I read a tip last year and started using it and it really worked for me.

I tee it up on my big toe and then start my take away really low imagining I am pushing my head cover back beyond my rear foot and then swinging as normal. Causes a upwards strike on the ball and seems to make it go straighter. Used lose every ball to a slice, now then go straight or with a slight draw.

31st Mar 17 8:45 PM
ozzymac
Posts 2,877
Off for a round this morning.

Weathers a bit cooler today so hoping the last few holes play a little better as i'll be less buggered

10th Jun 17 3:13 PM
ozzymac
Posts 2,877
Testing out my new balls in the morning. If i play like crap then i've got something to blame (heaven forbid that the golfer is just rubbish).

Thaxted Park is a course i've only played once so it will be interesting to say the least.

10th Jun 17 6:08 PM
stripey
Posts 6,137
What are these balls, Ozzy? Awaiting full report!

I've now beaten my age over 14 holes at last!

10th Jun 17 9:12 PM
ozzymac
Posts 2,877
Quote:
Originally posted by stripey

Callaway Truvis in red and white. They look like little footballs

20th Jun 17 11:05 PM
stripey
Posts 6,137
Quote:
Originally posted by ozzymac
Callaway Truvis in red and white. They look like little footballs

They look as if they would be fun to chip with - you'd see the spin easily.

21st Jun 17 2:55 PM
scotty1962
Posts 3,249
Quote:

100 over par?

I'm playing TeignValley this wknd, itl probably rain!!

21st Jun 17 3:17 PM
Hoopie
Posts 184
Got my club champs next weekend and my game is a mess.

Losing drives all over the shop, means I can't play 18 holes without the odd disaster, 36 holes I may need to stock up on balls.

Some serious range time required over the next week or so. Got to stop tweaking the swing and just hit the ball where I want to. Trying to get too technical, just need to hit it straight!

Went to the range today, but melted in the heat, someone please hurry up and dial down the temperature!

21st Jun 17 8:43 PM
stripey
Posts 6,137
Quote:
Got my club champs next weekend and my game is a mess.

Losing drives all over the shop, means I can't play 18 holes without the odd disaster, 36 holes I may need to stock up on balls.

Some serious range time required over the next week or so. Got to stop tweaking the swing and just hit the ball where I want to. Trying to get too technical, just need to hit it straight!

Went to the range today, but melted in the heat, someone please hurry up and dial down the temperature!

Best of luck, Hoopie. What score would you expect to win this?
Temperatures should be a lot more reasonable by the weekend - much nearer 20 than 30. Are you any straighter with your three-wood?

21st Jun 17 9:47 PM
Hoopie
Posts 184
Quote:
Best of luck, Hoopie. What score would you expect to win this?
Temperatures should be a lot more reasonable by the weekend - much nearer 20 than 30. Are you any straighter with your three-wood?

Last year 6 over for the 2 rounds won, it was set up tough and the wind killed most of us.

My 3 wood is just as wild, but as it doesn't go so far, therefore it doesn't go as far into the woods. Started using my 3 wood on more holes, as the ball travels much further in the summer anyway and the driver is just too long.

21st Jun 17 10:40 PM
stripey
Posts 6,137
Quote:
Last year 6 over for the 2 rounds won, it was set up tough and the wind killed most of us.

My 3 wood is just as wild, but as it doesn't go so far, therefore it doesn't go as far into the woods. Started using my 3 wood on more holes, as the ball travels much further in the summer anyway and the driver is just too long.

Sounds a wise plan to me, especially with all the extra run there will be from all these days of hot sun.

21st Jun 17 10:40 PM
stripey
Posts 6,137
Quote:
Originally posted by scotty1962
100 over par?

Oh, yes!

1st Jul 17 6:57 PM
Hoopie
Posts 184
Club Champs today, a tiring 36 holes with about 30 mins between rounds.

Played well and scored a gross 5 over total for the 2 rounds which was good enough for 3rd. Will happily take that given my golf so far this season.

Winner was 1 under gross, he must have played very well. First time I haven't been beaten up in the club champs, so happy days. Knackered now!

1st Jul 17 11:01 PM
stripey_2nd
Posts 279
Well played, Hoopie - that's an impressive total. What were your two rounds, and what were the winner's?

2nd Jul 17 7:47 AM
Hoopie
Posts 184
Quote:
Originally posted by stripey_2nd
Well played, Hoopie - that's an impressive total. What were your two rounds, and what were the winner's?

74,75 (par 72)

Got to 2 under on the first round at the turn, but then bogied 3 out of 4 holes which was very annoying. 3 putt, unlucky bounce off a drive and a bad shot cost me. 4 birdies and 6 bogies in that round.

Afternoon round was quieter, but only 2 birdies and 5 bogies.

Good to keep any damage to a bogey and finish with the ball I started with. 6 birdies in total is what I would hoped for, just too many silly mistakes leading to bogies. Still, can't complain.

72,71 won, which was very good, with 73,74 coming second. Could have / should have maybe got to second, but first was too good. But golf is all about could have / should haves.

We had a +2 and +1 h/c players in the field, beat them, which is nice

2nd Jul 17 11:11 AM
stripey_2nd
Posts 279
Good stuff, Hoopie - maybe you'll get all the breaks next year.

9th Aug 17 1:24 AM
Gregers
Posts 11
I retired from footy at the end of last season after getting disaffected with the lack of commitment and I'm 39 and can hardly move for 3 days afterwards now, so took up golf.

Joined a club and am loving it, however my handicap came back and I was given 15, that's way too low for someone who has been playing for 5 months, my usual rounds fair between 92 and 107!!!!!

I won't be winning any comps soon

9th Aug 17 9:13 AM
Hoopie
Posts 184
Quote:
Originally posted by Gregers
I retired from footy at the end of last season after getting disaffected with the lack of commitment and I'm 39 and can hardly move for 3 days afterwards now, so took up golf.

Joined a club and am loving it, however my handicap came back and I was given 15, that's way too low for someone who has been playing for 5 months, my usual rounds fair between 92 and 107!!!!!

I won't be winning any comps soon

To be fair (that statement is usually followed by something that is not fair at all) if you have been playing for just a few months, and you've already hit a 92, your h/c will fly downwards very quickly. You must have a natural eye for the game.

Your h/c should reflect your better golf to an extent, too many people think their h/c reflects their average golf. A 15 h/c means you should go round in 20 over par on average. Clearly even that isn't quite right yet, but it'll come.

Also think about the current members, who won't have won anything in years. New guy joins with a 20 h/c and cleans up for a while, then the next new guy does the same and so on. The current members do not have a chance. That is why your starting h/c is also on the low side.

Good luck with the game, it can be massively frustrating, but that is why we play golf, the challenge. It is certainly not a linear line to improvement either. One day you think you have the game cracked, next day you play like a complete muppet.

Copyright © 2024 - IAG Games Ltd. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Rules of game