ITSAGOAL.org - More than just a game
HomeManagerClubMatch daySquadTransfersLeagueCompetitionsStatisticsCommunityHelpShop

View forum thread

CREATE
Create your football club from the ground up and establish yourself as a football manager.
MANAGE
Manage every aspect of your football club from player transfers to squad training.
COMPETE
Go head to head with thousands of football managers from all over the world.
Off Topic
7th Jan 21 7:15 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,324
Quote:
Originally posted by FootballManager
Very sensible, PS. I hope the exchanging of said laptop for a Windows 10 model reaches a successful conclusion

Got a full refund from Dell and now has a Lenovo with Windows 10 installed so all good now.

7th Jan 21 7:22 PM
FootballManager
Posts 300
Quote:
Originally posted by pleasantsurprise
Got a full refund from Dell and now has a Lenovo with Windows 10 installed so all good now.

A good result all round then - brilliant

18th Jul 21 10:52 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,324
Easy Excel question (if you know what you're doing...)

How do I get the squad tools CSVs to always open with a row height of 16?

19th Jul 21 12:09 AM
TopGun2
Posts 566
Quote:
Easy Excel question (if you know what you're doing...)

How do I get the squad tools CSVs to always open with a row height of 16?

I don't think that's really possible because csv files have no formatting available so Excel will always open them the same. It might be possible to write some vb code and embed it into excel to auto adjust the row height to 16 with a single shortcut key once you've opened it but that's not something you'll probably be able to do.

19th Jul 21 9:48 AM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,324
Quote:
Originally posted by TopGun2
I don't think that's really possible because csv files have no formatting available so Excel will always open them the same. It might be possible to write some vb code and embed it into excel to auto adjust the row height to 16 with a single shortcut key once you've opened it but that's not something you'll probably be able to do.

You're right TG, that's not something I'll be able to do.

Oh well.

9th Aug 21 11:22 AM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,324
I need help here!

I was trying to make the text on my laptop a bit darker but somehow managed to put it in 'Dark Mode' where the background is all black. Can hardly read anything now! The thing is, I can't turn it back to normal. What suggestioins there are on Google just don't seem to work.

Any ideas anyone?

(I really, really shouldn't fiddle about with my computer settings... )

9th Aug 21 12:29 PM
TopGun2
Posts 566
Quote:
I need help here!

I was trying to make the text on my laptop a bit darker but somehow managed to put it in 'Dark Mode' where the background is all black. Can hardly read anything now! The thing is, I can't turn it back to normal. What suggestioins there are on Google just don't seem to work.

Any ideas anyone?

(I really, really shouldn't fiddle about with my computer settings... )

I think it's Start > Settings > Personalisation > Colours then you have light and dark options for windows default mode and for apps default mode.

9th Aug 21 1:56 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,324
Quote:
I think it's Start > Settings > Personalisation > Colours then you have light and dark options for windows default mode and for apps default mode.

They're the settings I was on but it didn't make a scrap of difference.

In the end I contacted Dell support and someone took over my computer and fixed it.

They went on the stting described above but then went somewhere totally different (no idea where or what she did - it was so quick) and instantly things were almost back to normal.

The only things that don't look right now are the background colours of the taskbar (at the very bottom) and the title bar(? - where all the tab names are at the very top). They're a very dark blue which I'm sure they weren't before all this palaver.

What background colours does everyone else have for these bars?

9th Aug 21 2:08 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,324
Quote:

The only things that don't look right now are the background colours of the taskbar (at the very bottom) and the title bar(? - where all the tab names are at the very top). They're a very dark blue which I'm sure they weren't before all this palaver.

What background colours does everyone else have for these bars?

OK Scrap that. I've got them back to normal.

9th Jun 22 9:53 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,324
A strange icon has appeared on my task bar. When I click on it, it seems to be a picture of something called Sweetheart Abeey and there's other stuff there as well.

How do I get rid of it?

9th Jun 22 10:43 PM
Lovemaster2nd
Posts 263
Try right clicking on it and select ?unpin from taskbar?

9th Jun 22 11:11 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,324
Quote:
Originally posted by Lovemaster2nd
Try right clicking on it and select ?unpin from taskbar?

Oh man! Great to see you back. Are you going to get a team?

I've tried the right click thing but there's no option to 'unpin from taskbar'.

10th Jun 22 8:53 AM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,324
The icon has now changed to a bunch of tulips

What's going on?

10th Jun 22 9:00 AM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,324
Chrst! It's gone!!

10th Jun 22 10:27 AM
FootballManager
Posts 300
I would run a virus / anti malware scan on your computer, Pleasant. That icon you have had sounds like it could potentially be malicious.

10th Jun 22 12:48 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,324
Quote:
Originally posted by FootballManager
I would run a virus / anti malware scan on your computer, Pleasant. That icon you have had sounds like it could potentially be malicious.

Thanks FM. I have Norton 360 installed which runs regular scans. It hasn't told me of anything thus far...

10th Jun 22 1:11 PM
TopGun2
Posts 566
Definitely sounds dodgy, I'd be trying to find out the program behind it and get it uninstalled. Definitely worth forcing Norton to do a scan rather than wait for its next scheduled one.

10th Jun 22 1:36 PM
FootballManager
Posts 300
Quote:
Thanks FM. I have Norton 360 installed which runs regular scans. It hasn't told me of anything thus far...

I would also recommend Malwarebytes, it offers a free version that can run a quick or full scan on your PC/laptop and is pretty good at picking dodgy stuff up for removal. Just be careful when installing to select the free version.

10th Jun 22 3:01 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,324
Quote:
Definitely sounds dodgy, I'd be trying to find out the program behind it and get it uninstalled. Definitely worth forcing Norton to do a scan rather than wait for its next scheduled one.

Thanks TG. I'll run a scan now.

10th Jun 22 3:45 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,324
Quote:
Thanks TG. I'll run a scan now.

The scan hasn't reported anuything.

Copyright © 2024 - IAG Games Ltd. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Rules of game