ITSAGOAL.org - More than just a game
HomeManagerClubMatch daySquadTransfersLeagueCompetitionsStatisticsCommunityHelpShop

View forum thread

CREATE
Create your football club from the ground up and establish yourself as a football manager.
MANAGE
Manage every aspect of your football club from player transfers to squad training.
COMPETE
Go head to head with thousands of football managers from all over the world.
Off Topic
29th Jul 16 2:47 PM
Carax
Posts 626
Quote:
Originally posted by mackfishy
Windows 7 is the most stable operating system. I don't allow windows updates ever. Permanently disabled as they can seriously mess with your computer.
I am sorry, but that is very bad advice.

It leaves your computer very vulnerable. Like not bothering to lock your front door.

1st Aug 16 7:40 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,331
Is it possible to make a copy of a DVD?

If so, how do I do it?

1st Aug 16 7:45 PM
TopGun2
Posts 568
It's possible, but not always simple. I assume it's a backup of a DVD you already own right, or a copy of your own data? Just so it's legal like.

There are various DVD copy software packages out there, some give free trials which are enough to copy one or two discs. If you're likely to have several to do then you'll probably end up paying for software.

If you let me know what sort of DVD it is I can probably point you to the right software.

1st Aug 16 8:09 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,331
Quote:
Originally posted by TopGun2
It's possible, but not always simple. I assume it's a backup of a DVD you already own right, or a copy of your own data? Just so it's legal like.

There are various DVD copy software packages out there, some give free trials which are enough to copy one or two discs. If you're likely to have several to do then you'll probably end up paying for software.

If you let me know what sort of DVD it is I can probably point you to the right software.

It's a DVD of her wedding that my daughter made. It's a mixture of 'official' photographs for which she paid a licence fee, and guests' photos for which she got permission. I need to make just one copy for my sister.

I've no idea what sort of DVD it is - it's just blank with no markings on it apart from what its content is.

1st Aug 16 8:15 PM
TopGun2
Posts 568
In that case it's probably really easy, as long as they have a DVD writer drive in the computer.

Stick the DVD in, then in My Computer right click on that drive and you'll have an option for 'copy' or 'copy disc' or something. Then you just need a writeable DVD (available from any decent supermarket, albeit in spindles of 25). It'll tell you when to put in the blank one.

Now for the catch. I'm slightly out of date so I'll look to others to clarify but there used to be two types of writeable DVD's, DVD+ and DVD-. Get the wrong one and it won't work. I'm not sure how you check which you need.

1st Aug 16 8:24 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,331
Quote:
In that case it's probably really easy, as long as they have a DVD writer drive in the computer.

Stick the DVD in, then in My Computer right click on that drive and you'll have an option for 'copy' or 'copy disc' or something. Then you just need a writeable DVD (available from any decent supermarket, albeit in spindles of 25). It'll tell you when to put in the blank one.

Now for the catch. I'm slightly out of date so I'll look to others to clarify but there used to be two types of writeable DVD's, DVD+ and DVD-. Get the wrong one and it won't work. I'm not sure how you check which you need.

I've got some blank discs that say 'CD-R' on them. I don't suppose they're the same thing are they?

1st Aug 16 8:32 PM
TopGun2
Posts 568
Nope, they're CDs rather than DVDs

1st Aug 16 8:33 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,331
Quote:
Nope, they're CDs rather than DVDs

Oh right. They do look the same though...

19th Aug 16 10:27 PM
scotty1962
Posts 3,249
I'm trying to update my teams profile pic.

Resized it to 80 x 80 and its a png file but nothing is happening...any ideas?

19th Aug 16 10:34 PM
scotty1962
Posts 3,249
Quote:
Originally posted by scotty1962
I'm trying to update my teams profile pic.

Resized it to 80 x 80 and its a png file but nothing is happening...any ideas?

It says - no file chosen - [which should actually read] - no file was chosen - but anyway, its saying I havent chosen a file but I quite clearly have from my desktop...??

19th Aug 16 10:37 PM
ozzymac
Posts 2,877
Try converting it to a jpeg Scotty and trying that

19th Aug 16 11:42 PM
scotty1962
Posts 3,249
Quote:
Originally posted by ozzymac
Try converting it to a jpeg Scotty and trying that

Ok Il try it tomorrow, cheers.

20th Aug 16 9:56 AM
scotty1962
Posts 3,249
Does the file pic HAVE to be 80 x 80 ?

Ive turned it into jpeg and its 68 x 80 but it still says no file is chosen...?

20th Aug 16 10:06 AM
Carax
Posts 626
No, that is max size.

20th Aug 16 10:32 AM
scotty1962
Posts 3,249
Sorted, just needed to clear cache.

3rd Oct 16 9:45 PM
stripey
Posts 6,155
OK, here's one for computer gurus to help me with, please. I'm on Windows 10, and have just suffered one of their updates. My pictures were shifted to another folder, and my keyboard setting changed to American. Managed to fix those, but on another update today, my internet is messed up. The problem is on my laptop, so I'm using a tablet to get online. Laptop says it can talk to the router and that it is connected to the internet, but no websites load up. The internet works from the tablet. Any ideas, anyone, please?

4th Oct 16 11:45 AM
stripey
Posts 6,155
Panic over - sorted!

4th Oct 16 12:43 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,331
Quote:
Originally posted by stripey
Panic over - sorted!

Just out of interest, what did you do to solve the problem?

22nd Apr 17 6:38 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,331
Anyone got a portable wireless router?

Are they easy to use?

Can any device use it?

Are they expensive to buy and run?

27th Apr 17 6:31 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,331
So that's a no then?

Copyright © 2024 - IAG Games Ltd. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Rules of game