ITSAGOAL.org - More than just a game
HomeManagerClubMatch daySquadTransfersLeagueCompetitionsStatisticsCommunityHelpShop

View forum thread

CREATE
Create your football club from the ground up and establish yourself as a football manager.
MANAGE
Manage every aspect of your football club from player transfers to squad training.
COMPETE
Go head to head with thousands of football managers from all over the world.
Off Topic
27th Jun 18 8:49 AM
NotSoSpecialOne
Posts 538
I guess it's in the control panel i think it depends on what system you are using.

My work computer is different to my home computer and it is different to my laptop and work laptop, go figure that, confuses hell out of me i can tell you!

On my work computer i right click on my mouse on the desktop and it brings up a little grey box and there is an option 'display settings', select that and it brings up the big blue screen with a 'cog' inside and it then gives you loads more options. Select power and sleep and the option is there under sleep to turn it to never. Then the computer will never go into the option you got.

Apparently it's to stop pixels burning out on your monitor but in all my 212 years, i haven't had a pixel burn out yet....yet.

27th Jun 18 9:48 AM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,326
Quote:
Originally posted by NotSoSpecialOne
I guess it's in the control panel i think it depends on what system you are using.

My work computer is different to my home computer and it is different to my laptop and work laptop, go figure that, confuses hell out of me i can tell you!

On my work computer i right click on my mouse on the desktop and it brings up a little grey box and there is an option 'display settings', select that and it brings up the big blue screen with a 'cog' inside and it then gives you loads more options. Select power and sleep and the option is there under sleep to turn it to never. Then the computer will never go into the option you got.

Apparently it's to stop pixels burning out on your monitor but in all my 212 years, i haven't had a pixel burn out yet....yet.

Ta

I've changed all the power and sleep settings to 'never'.

Let's see if that does the trick.

27th Jun 18 10:01 AM
ozzymac
Posts 2,877
Quote:
Originally posted by pleasantsurprise
Ta

That should fix it. You may need to change the profile settings from something like "laptop" to "home computer". Windows defaults laptops to shorter power save time to preserve battery life/

(either that or your screen is sick of displaying that wonderful new home kit of yours )

27th Jun 18 10:17 AM
ozzymac
Posts 2,877
Windows 10 is very much like a wife.

1st it asks you to do something,
Then it reminds you,
Then it reminds you again,
Then it just does it and buggers up all your weekend plans.

*copyrighted to Ozzy's upcoming book "windows and women - a wicked combination"*

27th Jun 18 10:21 AM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,326
Quote:
Ta

Well I left my computer alone for about 15 minutes and on my return the screen wasn't black so this does indeed seem to have done the trick.

Thanks all who helped with suggestions.

27th Jun 18 10:23 AM
ozzymac
Posts 2,877
Quote:
Well I left my computer alone for about 15 minutes and on my return the screen wasn't black so this does indeed seem to have done the trick.

Thanks all who helped with suggestions.

It did log you out though, unless of course you did that yourself.

27th Jun 18 10:42 AM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,326
Quote:
Originally posted by ozzymac
It did log you out though, unless of course you did that yourself.

I'd switched to my second account...

27th Jun 18 11:22 AM
NotSoSpecialOne
Posts 538
Quote:

Then it reminds you,

*copyrighted to Ozzy's upcoming book "windows and women - a wicked combination"*

PMSL, i'm waiting to see the yellow and black book in Currys/PC World in the future -- Ozzy's Dummy guide to windows and women!

27th Jun 18 11:24 AM
NotSoSpecialOne
Posts 538
Quote:
I'd switched to my second account...

instead of switching accounts to blame your 'extracurricular activity late night browsing' on another family member, right click on browser and go incognito, then it's never saved...so my mate dave in the pub tells me!

27th Jun 18 11:54 AM
NotSoSpecialOne
Posts 538
Quote:

Then it reminds you,

and sometimes...

your mates 'windows' look better and newer than your own

you wouldn't mind playing with your mates newer looking 'windows' just to see if it is as good as it looks and see what the operating system is actually like once it's opened up

you think that cosmetically enhanced packages have ruined what you once had and wished you'd never upgraded and wish they'd just [Mod edit: please!] right off with their constant demand for updates

or is that just me?

27th Jun 18 12:08 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,326
Quote:
instead of switching accounts to blame your 'extracurricular activity late night browsing' on another family member, right click on browser and go incognito, then it's never saved...so my mate dave in the pub tells me!

Incognito you say?

I would have no need for such a thing...

27th Jun 18 12:39 PM
ozzymac
Posts 2,877
Quote:
Incognito you say?

I would have no need for such a thing...

Mrs S and the grand kids would disagree.

Junior to PS: Grandad, why does a lithuanian woman want to ,eet you?

PS to junior: Ah, that's just one of your nan's friends

27th Jun 18 12:56 PM
NotSoSpecialOne
Posts 538
and is there anything more annoying/awkward than starting to type a search in the tool bar for flights with Virgin Airways and there's 1000's of previously searched pages come up before you've even typed Virg

27th Jun 18 12:58 PM
NotSoSpecialOne
Posts 538
actually there is, it's when Mrs NSSO goes to book the flights...

27th Jun 18 1:07 PM
ozzymac
Posts 2,877
Quote:
actually there is, it's when Mrs NSSO goes to book the flights...

Laarf

25th Feb 19 12:06 AM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,326
Not really computer help but...

My stupid phone has started giving football match scores (both updates and final scores) before I've even watched the matches!

(Those of you who know me will be aware that I'm usually always miles behind in watching matches and I hardly ever watch a match 'live')

How do I put a stop to this annoying thing?

25th Feb 19 12:34 AM
ozzymac
Posts 2,877
Quote:
Not really computer help but...

My stupid phone has started giving football match scores (both updates and final scores) before I've even watched the matches!

(Those of you who know me will be aware that I'm usually always miles behind in watching matches and I hardly ever watch a match 'live')

How do I put a stop to this annoying thing?

I'll ask the teenager in the house when he gets home later.

Probably something to do with news subscriptions and alerts.

25th Feb 19 9:09 AM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,326
Quote:
I'll ask the teenager in the house when he gets home later.

Probably something to do with news subscriptions and alerts.

Cheers.

(Although I don't subscribe to anything on my phone I don't think. If that helps)

25th Feb 19 9:59 AM
ozzymac
Posts 2,877
Quote:
Cheers.

(Although I don't subscribe to anything on my phone I don't think. If that helps)

Is it an iphone or a samsung thingy?

Have you followed anything on facebook?

When you get the scores, which app is displaying?

25th Feb 19 10:05 AM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,326
Quote:
Is it an iphone or a samsung thingy?

Have you followed anything on facebook?

When you get the scores, which app is displaying?

A Samsung thingy.

Not on Facebook.

Dunno. They are there after my phone has been asleep - at the top there - and before I put my passcode in. They disappear when it starts up again so I've no idea where they come from.

Copyright © 2024 - IAG Games Ltd. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Rules of game