ITSAGOAL.org - More than just a game
HomeManagerClubMatch daySquadTransfersLeagueCompetitionsStatisticsCommunityHelpShop

View forum thread

CREATE
Create your football club from the ground up and establish yourself as a football manager.
MANAGE
Manage every aspect of your football club from player transfers to squad training.
COMPETE
Go head to head with thousands of football managers from all over the world.
Off Topic
19th Sep 15 11:17 PM
ozzymac
Posts 2,877
Quote:
Originally posted by stripey
It did. However, at the 9th, I hit my drive about fifty yards right into the bracken, played three off the tee, shanked the fourth, took two more to get to the green and two putted for an eight. From the sublime to the corblimey in one shot, basically.

We'll just call you Tiger shall we

19th Sep 15 11:19 PM
stripey
Posts 6,141
Quote:
Originally posted by ozzymac
We'll just call you Tiger shall we

Thanks very much.
I wouldn't be in his shoes at the moment - back surgery again, poor fellow.

11th Oct 15 5:48 PM
Denny
Posts 377
Absolute rubbish...

21st Oct 15 10:45 PM
Hoopie
Posts 184
Quote:

I think I've been standing too far away from the ball

That is the idea isn't it? Sometimes my problem is that I stand too close to the ball... After I've hit it.

Just booked a cheeky golf trip to Spain in November, rude not to.

21st Oct 15 10:54 PM
stripey
Posts 6,141
Quote:
Originally posted by Denny
Absolute rubbish...

Just seen this, Denny. Was that your last round of golf? I got out today - usual mixed bag. Nine pars, twice getting four in a row, but some doubles and a triple made it +14. Nice mild weather, but windy, and the greens were half the speed of last week.

Quote:
Originally posted by Hoopie
That is the idea isn't it? Sometimes my problem is that I stand too close to the ball... After I've hit it.

Just booked a cheeky golf trip to Spain in November, rude not to.

Obviously you had to - no option there. I just hope we're having lovely weather in England at that time.

21st Oct 15 11:46 PM
Hoopie
Posts 184
Been a bit rubbish for the last few months, short game has always been good, but the long game has packed up and left town.

Working on a few tweaks which seemed to have done the job and now scoring again. All too late for this season, but at least there is light at the end of the tunnel.

My course removes the white tees over the winter, so we'll be off the forward yellows, which knocks 2 shots off the CSS, so not worth playing competitions as it is not 2 shots easier and tough to score as such.

23rd Oct 15 10:21 PM
stripey
Posts 6,141
Tweaks are good while they work, but I find I've often forgotten what they were the next time I go out to play.

20th Nov 15 11:12 PM
stripey
Posts 6,141
Weather tomorrow might be slightly better than the last week or so - storm after storm heading across the Atlantic, so might even get some holes in.

21st Nov 15 5:50 PM
stripey
Posts 6,141
Quote:
Weather tomorrow might be slightly better than the last week or so - storm after storm heading across the Atlantic, so might even get some holes in.

Ha! My course starts at about 800 feet above sea level and climbs another 400 feet. After three holes it looked pretty dubious - chunks of ice everywhere, so I switched to a red ball. Above the 3rd hole, the greens were covered with the little ice blocks, so I played the 5th, 16th, 17th and 18th just for the fresh air. Nice to get out, and hit the ball OK, but not a day for serious golf!

24th Feb 16 1:20 PM
Trickyuk
Posts 185
Any golf players around Bath, Bristol, Swindon area??? Need to get out and play more.

24th Feb 16 8:56 PM
Denny
Posts 377
Quote:
Originally posted by Trickyuk
Any golf players around Bath, Bristol, Swindon area??? Need to get out and play more.

Played 9 holes for the first time since before Christmas last weekend - the course has been closed a lot due to weather. Wasn't too disappointed with how I played considering the conditions and lack of practice.

25th Feb 16 7:46 AM
ozzymac
Posts 2,877
Quote:
Played 9 holes for the first time since before Christmas last weekend - the course has been closed a lot due to weather. Wasn't too disappointed with how I played considering the conditions and lack of practice.

You inspired me Denny.

Went for 9 and was quite happy with 6 over as it was my first round since August

27th Feb 16 9:14 PM
Denny
Posts 377
Quote:
You inspired me Denny.

Went for 9 and was quite happy with 6 over as it was my first round since August

Nice work, Ozzy. Hopefully go out for a full round tomorrow.

27th Feb 16 9:17 PM
ozzymac
Posts 2,877
Quote:
Nice work, Ozzy. Hopefully go out for a full round tomorrow.

I'm tempted. Heading for a nice sunny 29 degrees with only a slight breeze.

I wonder if i can swing it past Mrs O

27th Feb 16 9:22 PM
stripey
Posts 6,141
Set the alarm early and then cook her breakfast after you've played!

27th Feb 16 9:23 PM
ozzymac
Posts 2,877
Quote:
Set the alarm early and then cook her breakfast after you've played!

If i got back before 10 she may not even notice

27th Feb 16 9:33 PM
Denny
Posts 377
Quote:
I'm tempted. Heading for a nice sunny 29 degrees with only a slight breeze.

I wonder if i can swing it past Mrs O

29°... it's ruddy cold over here at the moment, especially with that wind! Although it's been pretty dry this week, so much so I even cut my back lawn today...!

27th Feb 16 9:47 PM
stripey
Posts 6,141
Quote:
If i got back before 10 she may not even notice

Go for it - early morning golf in warm weather is hard to beat.

27th Feb 16 9:48 PM
stripey
Posts 6,141
Quote:
29°... it's ruddy cold over here at the moment, especially with that wind! Although it's been pretty dry this week, so much so I even cut my back lawn today...!

You've got grass growing already? Daffodils too, no doubt!

27th Feb 16 10:25 PM
Denny
Posts 377
Quote:
You've got grass growing already? Daffodils too, no doubt!

There are some spring flowers starting to pop up. The grass hadn't been cut since October last year so was getting quite long, mainly from the mild weather we had earlier on in the winter. Since it had been dry I thought it was a good opportunity to give it a rough cut as don't know when I'll be able to cut it next.

Copyright © 2024 - IAG Games Ltd. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Rules of game