ITSAGOAL.org - More than just a game
HomeManagerClubMatch daySquadTransfersLeagueCompetitionsStatisticsCommunityHelpShop

View forum thread

CREATE
Create your football club from the ground up and establish yourself as a football manager.
MANAGE
Manage every aspect of your football club from player transfers to squad training.
COMPETE
Go head to head with thousands of football managers from all over the world.
Off Topic
27th Feb 16 10:35 PM
stripey
Posts 6,152
Quote:
Originally posted by Denny
There are some spring flowers starting to pop up. The grass hadn't been cut since October last year so was getting quite long, mainly from the mild weather we had earlier on in the winter. Since it had been dry I thought it was a good opportunity to give it a rough cut as don't know when I'll be able to cut it next.

Shows the difference between Sussex and Shropshire, then! Our grass is still short and not much in the way of signs of Spring yet.

27th Feb 16 11:07 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,330
Quote:
Originally posted by stripey
Shows the difference between Sussex and Shropshire, then! Our grass is still short and not much in the way of signs of Spring yet.

You should be in East Yorkshire. My grass deffo needs cutting. The daffs are out. Blossoms been out since the start of the year!

28th Feb 16 5:29 AM
ozzymac
Posts 2,877
Quote:

Lucky bar stewards.

I've go to keepmine short so i can see the bloomin snakes

28th Feb 16 7:21 AM
stripey
Posts 6,152
Quote:
Originally posted by ozzymac
Lucky bar stewards.

I've go to keepmine short so i can see the bloomin snakes

Ah, yes! Those double todgers!!

28th Feb 16 5:28 PM
Denny
Posts 377
First 18 holes in nearly three months. Scored 102 which I'm really pleased about.

28th Feb 16 7:16 PM
ozzymac
Posts 2,877
Quote:
Originally posted by Denny
First 18 holes in nearly three months. Scored 102 which I'm really pleased about.

Well done Denny

28th Feb 16 10:44 PM
stripey
Posts 6,152
Good start to the year, Denny - maybe the low 90s by the summer?

29th Feb 16 1:11 PM
Hoopie
Posts 184

Are you even holding the right end of the club?

29th Feb 16 1:52 PM
reinyse
Posts 5
i play WGT,does that count? in Belgium,not many golf courses,but found one the other week about an hours drive away,so might start playing in a few years once i buy golf clubs etc etc,problem with me is i try to hit the ball as far as possible and it nearly always sways right,so will have to work on my swing lol,and putting too,but i have only played 2ce in RL, if it is as easy as WGT then should be fine after a bit of practise lol

29th Feb 16 2:05 PM
scotty1962_2nd
Posts 7
A golf course I would recommend if you're ever down the SouthWest [near me] is a place called Teign Valley Golf Course.

During the summer months I usually T-off at this place at least once a month. The staff, clubhouse and food [especially sunday lunch] are grt, and the golf course itself is very challenging.

29th Feb 16 10:42 PM
Denny
Posts 377
Quote:
Originally posted by Hoopie

Yeah, not great compared to others but I'm really still just a beginner.

29th Feb 16 10:53 PM
stripey
Posts 6,152
Quote:

Harsh, Hoopie!
Don't you remember breaking 100 for the first time?

29th Feb 16 10:55 PM
stripey
Posts 6,152
Quote:
Originally posted by reinyse
i play WGT,does that count? in Belgium,not many golf courses,but found one the other week about an hours drive away,so might start playing in a few years once i buy golf clubs etc etc,problem with me is i try to hit the ball as far as possible and it nearly always sways right,so will have to work on my swing lol,and putting too,but i have only played 2ce in RL, if it is as easy as WGT then should be fine after a bit of practise lol

If you've played in RL, reinyse, you'll have found out it's a bit harder than WGT!

1st Mar 16 12:06 AM
Hoopie
Posts 184
Quote:
Harsh, Hoopie!
Don't you remember breaking 100 for the first time?

Harsh, but fair.

When I started I cared less about the score, more about the process (nothing to do with losing count when you've hit that many shots)

Once you have a resemblance of a game play par 5 golf. Treat every hole as a par 5. Majority of par 5s are easy if played sensibly. All par 4s are reachable in 3, so 5 easily done. Par 3 look to make up for previous errors. Assuming a par 72, you've just hit 90 and 18 over.

Getting better from there takes time and practice. It is generally not about hitting better shots, just less bad ones.

1st Mar 16 7:18 AM
Denny
Posts 377
Quote:
Harsh, but fair.

When I started I cared less about the score, more about the process (nothing to do with losing count when you've hit that many shots)

Once you have a resemblance of a game play par 5 golf. Treat every hole as a par 5. Majority of par 5s are easy if played sensibly. All par 4s are reachable in 3, so 5 easily done. Par 3 look to make up for previous errors. Assuming a par 72, you've just hit 90 and 18 over.

Getting better from there takes time and practice. It is generally not about hitting better shots, just less bad ones.

Par 5 golf - interesting. I'll give that a whirl next time I'm on the course.

3rd Mar 16 1:32 PM
Trickyuk
Posts 181
Quote:
Harsh, but fair.

I remember one trip to Spain to play golf where I played most of one round using just a 7 iron and a putter.

The driver and longer irons were not working but the 7 iron was hit perfectly about 150 yards almost every time. So a par 4 at 450 yards was 3 x 7 irons and 2 putts!! Not a great way to hit low low scores but always something to bear in mind on a bad day.

3rd Mar 16 1:41 PM
Trickyuk
Posts 181
Course management is a big part of the game. I used to hit the longest available on every hole rather than plot my way to the hole.

As an example a Par 5 was always a driver, then a 5 wood and then I would see how far away I was for the last shot. So for a 500 yard Par 5 I would normally go 250 yards and then about 210 yards leaving me with 40 yards to go. However I have always struggled with distance control about 40-50 yards whereas from about 100 yards I will generally hit the green.

So now I pick my shots top leave the distance shot into the green I want. So now I am more inclined to go Driver (250), 8 iron (145) and then 52 degree wedge (105). The guys I play with still raise eyebrows when I pull out a 8 iron with 250 yards to go but it works for me.

6th Apr 16 10:46 PM
stripey_2nd
Posts 281
Springtime at last - at least in Georgia! (Not here - I very rarely abandon a round of golf, but after getting caught in a gale and stinging hail today I did so, only playing seven holes.)

Augusta, and what a round by Jimmy Walker in the Par 3 contest!

8 under for the nine holes, and the first player to shoot 19.
Would be great to see him break that old Masters jinx and go on to win the green jacket.

8th Apr 16 11:17 PM
stripey
Posts 6,152
Interesting second day. Spieth started as if he was going to do another 66, and has since come right back to the field. Great to see an amateur right at the top,and, of course, McIlroy chasing the career Grand Slam.

8th Apr 16 11:55 PM
stripey
Posts 6,152
And then the amateur has a nightmare 7 at the 18th.

Copyright © 2024 - IAG Games Ltd. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Rules of game