ITSAGOAL.org - More than just a game
HomeManagerClubMatch daySquadTransfersLeagueCompetitionsStatisticsCommunityHelpShop

View forum thread

CREATE
Create your football club from the ground up and establish yourself as a football manager.
MANAGE
Manage every aspect of your football club from player transfers to squad training.
COMPETE
Go head to head with thousands of football managers from all over the world.
Helpful Information
19th Jul 19 8:59 PM
Kompany
Posts 2
Quote:
Originally posted by pleasantsurprise
You've probably forgotten from when you played before, it was a long time ago.

Go to the Help files and see 'What's under the Club tab' near the bottom of the list

You are exactly right, I did forget.

Thank you for the help you are so pleasant

19th Jul 19 9:39 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,330
Quote:
Originally posted by Kompany
You are exactly right, I did forget.

Thank you for the help you are so pleasant

Aww shucks...

27th Sep 19 8:46 AM
Vimesy
Posts 7
Been a long time since I was last here! So long in fact that I've forgotten how to fix morale

seriously! any help will be appreciated

And its very good to be back

27th Sep 19 9:39 AM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,330
Quote:
Originally posted by Vimesy
Been a long time since I was last here! So long in fact that I've forgotten how to fix morale

Welcome back!

The only way I know of improving a player's morale is by giving them gametime. Either league/cup matches or reserve matches.

Of course, if someone has another solution we'd love to hear it...

27th Sep 19 10:47 AM
stripey
Posts 6,150
Beer!

27th Sep 19 10:49 AM
Vimesy
Posts 7
lol, Beer works!

Thanks for the replies folks!

27th Sep 19 12:50 PM
Piper_FC
Posts 1,357
Quote:
Originally posted by Vimesy

Welcome back!

Game time helps as pleasant said. Morale also moves pretty quickly, if I recall correctly, so should be rectified within a couple of matches.

27th Sep 19 1:05 PM
NotSoSpecialOne
Posts 538
Give them a MOD badge like Piper has seemingly just received, Congrats/unlucky on the promotion Jacob and please don't use that MOD win button against me ever/any time soon thank you very much!

27th Sep 19 2:21 PM
Piper_FC
Posts 1,357
Quote:
Originally posted by NotSoSpecialOne
Give them a MOD badge like Piper has seemingly just received, Congrats/unlucky on the promotion Jacob and please don't use that MOD win button against me ever/any time soon thank you very much!

Thanks (I think), NSSO. They haven't told me about the MOD win button, maybe after I finish clearing the tab at the pub, they'll let me in the secret

21st Mar 20 11:34 AM
Adriang76
Posts 3
Hi guys,
I?m new ish to this game. Last played a couple of years ago. I?ve done one full season and nearly finished my second season. Any advice on my team and what people believe is best to make a sustainable club. Please message me.
Cheers
Ady

21st Mar 20 7:07 PM
Piper_FC
Posts 1,357
Quote:
Originally posted by Adriang76
Hi guys,
I?m new ish to this game. Last played a couple of years ago. I?ve done one full season and nearly finished my second season. Any advice on my team and what people believe is best to make a sustainable club. Please message me.
Cheers
Ady

I'm hopeful that you'll get some PMs as well, but here are a few thoughts on what keeps a club sustainable:

1) charting a medium- and long-term course for your goals - what's your aim for the next level of staff? when do you want to be in the top division in your league? how will you get there? etc.
2) near full or full youth academy - youth promotions are key to sustaining squad numbers and providing cover. If you are able to produce youth who have potential, this can also create an income stream
3) consistent squad rebuilding - always working toward selling players who are getting older and refreshing them with younger versions
4) managing wages - daily costs add up to a TON by the end of the season - make sure you've got players on wages that make sense and if they are getting too greedy, be ready to list them and turn them into cash to reinvest in a younger player
5) don't develop feelings for your players - I mean it! I still remember Ramondelli quite fondly, he scored goals all day every day, but his sale was what tipped me over the 5501 mark (if I recall correctly)

That's my list of top 5 things to keep a club sustainable. Not necessarily in that order

Does anyone else care to chime in or find different ones?

21st Mar 20 7:33 PM
NotSoSpecialOne
Posts 538
Quote:
Originally posted by Piper_FC
I'm hopeful that you'll get some PMs as well, but here are a few thoughts on what keeps a club sustainable:

1) charting a medium- and long-term course for your goals - what's your aim for the next level of staff? when do you want to be in the top division in your league? how will you get there? etc.
2) near full or full youth academy - youth promotions are key to sustaining squad numbers and providing cover. If you are able to produce youth who have potential, this can also create an income stream
3) consistent squad rebuilding - always working toward selling players who are getting older and refreshing them with younger versions
4) managing wages - daily costs add up to a TON by the end of the season - make sure you've got players on wages that make sense and if they are getting too greedy, be ready to list them and turn them into cash to reinvest in a younger player
5) don't develop feelings for your players - I mean it! I still remember Ramondelli quite fondly, he scored goals all day every day, but his sale was what tipped me over the 5501 mark (if I recall correctly)

That's my list of top 5 things to keep a club sustainable. Not necessarily in that order

1000% number five. Kev did a post which if i remember was stickied, well worth a read.

21st Mar 20 7:34 PM
NotSoSpecialOne
Posts 538
Quote:
Originally posted by NotSoSpecialOne
1000% number five. Kev did a post which if i remember was stickied, well worth a read, maybe you could put the link in here?

Well that didn't work very well, can you put a link to the sticky Piper as I don't know how to

21st Mar 20 8:54 PM
hovis
Posts 3
Guess I'm a few months in now but newer than most.
Enjoying most of the game and learning as I go on, but I hate the transfer market. Is there a way of seeing if the young player you're buying is capped? Kinda guessed that the ones at the better teams probably will be, but it's hurt me a couple of times already. Puts me off buying players.
Also, why do I see some players worth 500k being sold for 43m or so? Seems odd, unless theres ulterior motives..

21st Mar 20 9:03 PM
FootballManager
Posts 295
Quote:
Originally posted by hovis
Enjoying most of the game and learning as I go on, but I hate the transfer market. Is there a way of seeing if the young player you're buying is capped? Kinda guessed that the ones at the better teams probably will be, but it's hurt me a couple of times already. Puts me off buying players.
Also, why do I see some players worth 500k being sold for 43m or so? Seems odd, unless theres ulterior motives..

For the players being sold for 43m, pay attention to their Fixed Attributes. Generally those with consistent Fixed Attributes above 90 will sell for crazy high fees due to demand.

The same applies for players you're buying who have red bars, if their Fixed Attributes are varied and not that high (30-40+) then it's likely they won't improve much, if at all.

Glad to hear you're enjoying the game

21st Mar 20 9:07 PM
stripey
Posts 6,150
Quote:
Originally posted by hovis

By "capped" I am guessing you mean he's maxed out on his trainable skills, and therefore has red bars everywhere. There's nothing stopping you asking a question of the manager who is selling the player. Managers usually tell the truth. If he or she doesn't, then they have to be prepared to be exposed in the forums.
As for apparently cheap players going for high prices, what's happening there isn't dodgy. If a player has high fixed attributes, then that shows he has the potential to be trained up to a high level. If these FAs are all in the 90s, then they are worth a lot!

21st Mar 20 9:22 PM
AKRAZY
Posts 229
Quote:
Originally posted by Piper_FC

I still remember Willy Braben, my 91 rated striker. from itsagoal original, yes I was 15 at the time, I'm now 29

22nd Mar 20 2:49 AM
Piper_FC
Posts 1,357
NSSO requested we get this thread linked (very good idea!).

It's a great one that KevinHann put together a while back that answers TONS of questions that many people likely have (and questions you might not even have realized you had!). This is also available in this forum, but you can just follow the link below:

Small tips thread

8th Jul 21 9:47 PM
Hermosa
Posts 19
I'm not technically a newbie, used to be totally having a fierce love-hate relationship with the place.

Having walked away a long time ago... I'm returning full of love, unsure whether it's just a late blossoming mid-life crisis or something worse.

By now I'm totally sold to financial mayhem as I signed up to a mortgage on a tiny smallholding in rural Ireland. No more fluffy flopsy bunnies for me

How long will I have to wait for a club? I seem to remember last time I tried I forgot I tried... before I got a club to manage.

8th Jul 21 10:22 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,330
Quote:
Originally posted by Hermosa
I'm not technically a newbie, used to be totally having a fierce love-hate relationship with the place.

Having walked away a long time ago... I'm returning full of love, unsure whether it's just a late blossoming mid-life crisis or something worse.

By now I'm totally sold to financial mayhem as I signed up to a mortgage on a tiny smallholding in rural Ireland. No more fluffy flopsy bunnies for me

How long will I have to wait for a club? I seem to remember last time I tried I forgot I tried... before I got a club to manage.

A warm welcome return.

You can choose a club from the (now expanded) vacancies list.

Good luck!

Copyright © 2024 - IAG Games Ltd. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Rules of game