ITSAGOAL.org - More than just a game
HomeManagerClubMatch daySquadTransfersLeagueCompetitionsStatisticsCommunityHelpShop

View forum thread

CREATE
Create your football club from the ground up and establish yourself as a football manager.
MANAGE
Manage every aspect of your football club from player transfers to squad training.
COMPETE
Go head to head with thousands of football managers from all over the world.
Helpful Information
9th Sep 21 1:27 PM
Grievesy
Posts 2
Just thought i'd actually pop by and say Hi. seems there is a fair few of us older players returning to IAG

Been back for a few weeks, just not had time to pop into the forums. This was always my 2nd account back in the day when I was a paid subscriber, be damned if I can remember my first account name. but oh well. Thistle Athletic seem to be dead. in name and in titles.

I do miss my 196k stadium though and 1M+ gate receipts. lol

9th Sep 21 4:05 PM
TopGun2
Posts 569
Blimey that must have been 25 years ago!

9th Sep 21 5:03 PM
BambiCHESTERFC
Posts 1
Quote:
Originally posted by Grievesy
Just thought i'd actually pop by and say Hi. seems there is a fair few of us older players returning to IAG

Been back for a few weeks, just not had time to pop into the forums. This was always my 2nd account back in the day when I was a paid subscriber, be damned if I can remember my first account name. but oh well. Thistle Athletic seem to be dead. in name and in titles.

I do miss my 196k stadium though and 1M+ gate receipts. lol

Yeah I returned about 3 or 4 seasons ago after an absence of about two years. I was one of the originals from IAG1 Season 1! The game has gradually gone downhill over the many years I've played but it's still enjoyable and it's free of course! I do think the transfer market is long overdue an improvement that's just my opinion.

15th Feb 22 9:19 PM
Tsubasa_Ohzora
Posts 1
Hello my real name does not matter at the moment I play(ed) a lot of soccer managers in my life and found this one very randomly. I am really new to this game and hope to have fun with it and the community. R there any important things to know about for the start?

15th Feb 22 9:59 PM
stripey
Posts 6,152
Quote:
Originally posted by Tsubasa_Ohzora
Hello my real name does not matter at the moment I play(ed) a lot of soccer managers in my life and found this one very randomly. I am really new to this game and hope to have fun with it and the community. R there any important things to know about for the start?
Welcome on board, Tsubasa! The best thing for you to do would be to have a good read of the HELP files. Have a look near to the top right of every page and you'll see the HELP tab in between COMMUNITY and SHOP. There's a lot of good information in there that will help you learn about this complex game.

Do ask any questions you need to on the forums - you'll find that managers here are very willing to help.

17th Feb 22 10:18 PM
LowfieldsMental
Posts 10
been here about a month and still don't have much idea about what i'm doing , transfer system is a right long winded pain in the rectum , all a learning process though

25th Feb 22 9:42 PM
chyperhondriac
Posts 277
Not brand new, but back again. I was here when there were >1,000 managers. Looks like some things have changed but a lot is familiar; doesn't mean I'll be any good at it though.

1st Mar 22 10:30 PM
stripey
Posts 6,152
Quote:
Originally posted by chyperhondriac
Not brand new, but back again. I was here when there were >1,000 managers. Looks like some things have changed but a lot is familiar; doesn't mean I'll be any good at it though.
Welcome back! Who were you when you were last playing?

1st Mar 22 10:31 PM
stripey
Posts 6,152
Quote:
Originally posted by LowfieldsMental
been here about a month and still don't have much idea about what i'm doing , transfer system is a right long winded pain in the rectum , all a learning process though
The best way to find out things is to ask questions on the forums. Managers are very helpful with good advice.

2nd Mar 22 8:15 AM
chyperhondriac
Posts 277
Quote:
Originally posted by stripey
Welcome back! Who were you when you were last playing?

Nobody special I think I had the same username but it must have been scrubbed with disuse.

9th Apr 22 6:27 PM
rambocat
Posts 404
its was probably before the relaunch in august 2015.
the only time there would have been more than 1000 managers would be before the relaunch.
there can only be 1000 max as it is now.
welcome back!

9th Apr 22 6:51 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,330
Quote:
Originally posted by rambocat
its was probably before the relaunch in august 2015.
the only time there would have been more than 1000 managers would be before the relaunch.
there can only be 1000 max as it is now.
welcome back!

If we were ever to get up to 1,000 managers and more wanted to join, the system would create another league to accomodate them.

9th Apr 22 6:59 PM
pleasantsurprise
Posts 6,330
And I posted that with an absolutely sytaight face.

Impressive eh?

9th Apr 22 7:21 PM
chyperhondriac
Posts 277
It was quite a long time ago - I can easily believe it was before 2015. This place just popped into my head the other day so I thought I'd give it a go.

On reflection I think my name then was hyperchondriac.

9th Apr 22 7:22 PM
chyperhondriac
Posts 277
PS

Quote:
Originally posted by rambocat

welcome back!

Thanks!

19th Jul 22 11:00 PM
hutber
Posts 36
Quote:
Originally posted by pleasantsurprise
If we were ever to get up to 1,000 managers and more wanted to join, the system would create another league to accomodate them.

Man I often dream about this situation... but I feel there is no possible way for it to happen?

Also.. I find it very frustrating that forum posts disappear... as if a few varchar columns in the DB would take up too much space

I cannot find the information on Tax'ing profit.. I think its 10m 10% 20m 20% etc?

19th Jul 22 11:03 PM
stripey
Posts 6,152
Quote:
Originally posted by hutber
Man I often dream about this situation... but I feel there is no possible way for it to happen?

Also.. I find it very frustrating that forum posts disappear... as if a few varchar columns in the DB would take up too much space

I cannot find the information on Tax'ing profit.. I think its 10m 10% 20m 20% etc?
Go into HELP, then What's under the Club tab?

20th Jul 22 10:26 AM
hutber
Posts 36
heh yep, very nice!!

For Context - Didn't help
https://www.itsagoal.org/community/forums/search.php?q=tax&man=&search.x=0&search.y=0

24th Jul 22 11:04 PM
hutber
Posts 36
Ooooo you have to click "Help" and not search in the fourms!

8th Aug 22 5:03 PM
Costamar
Posts 11
Quote:
Originally posted by hutber

Always the programmer Jamie...My dreams are different.

Off topic: in the developer department at work, a guy got fired. It was during covid, working at home. So he went to his original home, Czech republic. Luck ran out, one day he was called into the office next day.

Don't do that mate!

Copyright © 2024 - IAG Games Ltd. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Rules of game